Representing Idea - RP Sticky Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Representing Idea - RP Sticky Update

Post by Skarain on Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:47 am

Recently, Tantzui poked community manager team to get his realm forum rp guild list sticky removed, due to not playing around so actively anymore. A couple of days ago his post together with the other RP related sticky got removed, leaving the Alliance RP Guild List that I host the only RP related sticky pinned on top of the thread. I had a few days to think what I am going to make out of it, and this is what I conjured up.

--introduction of RP on server--

--Links to important channels--

--RP Guild Lists, Ally & Horde--

--Monthly Roleplaying Overlook--

The thing that I am thinking to start i've titled as Monthly Roleplaying Overlook. Trying to keep a Realm Forum thread updated of all current happenings would be a nightmare, knowing that people will always post their threads over these forums or not post their happenings at all. However, what one -can- do is to gather up stories of "what 'has' happend' recently, and thus showcase that the roleplaying community is active and out there doing things!

The way I were thinking of doing so is to pester each guild ingame monthly to drop me something like one or two paragraphs of text describing what they've been up to during the past 1 month of roleplaying. I can't imagine very many guilds saying "No", since hey, it's free advertisement! At the same time, I can probably check on whether their guild entries remain up-to-date, since most people these days do not read forums, so lets me to keep the RP Guild Lists better updated.

I will also make effort to post the GM and Officers names on the thread in an accurate server-tag including way, to allow it to be used as a recently updating resource when making community events and invite lists by calendar.

I may also pester the organizers of community event chains that are not tied to guild to describe what they've been campaigning at and list the public events that were and went. Will have to see. Getting the info of guilds is top prio tho, since those create the most RP.

So yes, merely another way of showcasing that the roleplaying on the server is active and around for those whom might check the realm forums first.

Sure, it does not describe what is currently going on, but for that there is that link to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Read about recent events there, past events on the RP Sticky Thread.

----

While I am probably going to roll forward with the plan regardless of anyone approval or otherwise, I do make use of the opportunity to poke you people if you have other suggestions to the improvement of RP Sticky Post listed on Realm Forums.

Last edited by Skarain on Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Contact: Skarain#2346(Btag), Skarain#8885(Discord), inejaro(Skype)

Help the appearance of the server: Report player/pet/guild names.

Forum Moderator: Contact in regarding questions or issues with the forum.

"Roleplaying....is beautiful. And it may take your heart and soul. Entirely..."

Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Re: Representing Idea - RP Sticky Update

Post by Skarain on Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:21 pm

The first draft of the Monthly RP Overlook is done and produced. Posted on Realm Forums, in the Updated Sticky Post... and here, for general reader enjoyment.

Thanks to all who submitted the information. I'll poke you again next month.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Monthly Roleplaying Overlook - 1-30 September, 2016

Alliance

The Argent Crusade: For the past month The Argent Crusade focused on taking care of these immediate matters that needed attention in Lordaeron. Counting the losses after the Broken Shore, dealing with local matters, like overseeing the Ninth Company at Tyr's Hand. TAC has also initiated and hosted I Congress of the Silver Hand - innitiative aimed at bringing all Light wielders and followers back together. TAC is looking forward for the II Congress that will happen soon, as well as doing what it can to reinforce its low numbers.

The Azure Flame: Azure Flame have come out of hiding with the Legion invasion, intent on taking a more active stance upon the matters of the world. So far, we have opened up a magical services shop named Azureworks, though that's still very much work in progress. We are currently pushing forward some more changes, to formally convert the group from an "organisation" into a "faction", taking things to the next level by starting diplomatics with the Alliance and Horde, improve our recruitment proceedures and introduce a new aspect of Azure Flame that allows less magical characters to feel more part of the guild.

Clans of Khaz Modan: Overview: After some restructuring of the officer rank and what they do, Clans of Khaz Modan has started to pick up speed in some aspects in the game World of Warcraft. The Oathkeepers, (officer rank of CoKM) have their respective areas that they handle, from generating ideas to use in RP and executing those, to form groups and farm instances to check out ingame lore during the actual content, as well as practicing our skills for the PvP part of the RP-PvP guild. We've kept the Senate going, a weekly roleplay meeting with the purpose to generate ideas for further roleplaying events. Everyone is welcome to attend those meetings and have a say about things, and if future roleplay can be made from what has been said, the better for everyone. We have In Character ranks for those joining: Civilian = Starter rank, if you wish to be something else, poke an Oathkeeper and talk about what rank might fit your role better. Mercenary = Second rank, if you wish to fight but don't want to affiliate with Guards, Mountaineers etc, you go here. Explorer = You do as the name says, explore the world, maybe find a treasure or two while at it for the benefit of the Mountain. Devotee = Religious followers of the various teachings among the dwarven clans, from Titans, the Light to shamanism.  Mountaineer = The eyes of the Mountain, first to scout the enemy, they are the survival experts of the wilds. Guards = The hammer and anvil of armed forces, they take the brunt force of the hits and strike equally hard back. Gryphonrider = Wildhammer rank mostly, they are our crazy cousins flying into the fight with blazing hammers.

Holy Lightbringers: Overlook: Holy Lightbringers have spent the last month in Azsuna, where we headed after the Alliance launched the assault upon the Legion. We have a camp in northern parts of the region and have been exploring the past, foremost of the Nar'Thalas Academy to find ways to help the war effort, after tiresome research and encounters among the ruins we found an ancient staff, the Staff of Lindriel, whom we now shall take to the druids in Val'sharah for advice

House of Yore: The House of Yore has had some leadership changes. We have also opened the Pig and Whistle after renovation and have a new drink and food menu. The House of Yore is working in the broken isles with the alliances, stationed to wherever needed regarding everyone's individual skills.

The Ninth Company: During the past month the Ninth hastravelled quite a lot. At the start of the month legion invasion in Hillsrad kept the Ninth occupied as we attempted to handle the new threat from our base at Tyr's Hand. Following this, and the Broken Shore event, the Ninth attended the Congress of the SIlver Hand. To show unity with other followers of the Light and decide the future of The Argent Crusade. Multiple members of the Company alsogave short speaches in their thoughts on the matter including officers and armsmen. In turn this led to a scouting operation, wherein a small squad would gather intelligence on the Broken Isles with the possibility the company might deploy there fully.

Theatre of Blood: The Theatre landed on the northern shore of Stormheim after a two week trip on their ship, The Final Act. The agents then set out to scout the area to locate any Legion camps and their allies, as well as studying the wildlife and nature to be prepared to face the threats of ther 'new' land. After traveling back and forth in Stormheim, the Theatre saw no demons and thus started traveling towards Highmountain, in hope of finding themthere. On their way there, however, the agents walked through a suspicious vrykul camp, and have now set up shop at Valdisfar to further investigate what the Vrykyls are up to.

Wardens of Azeroth: We've had a few storylinesgoing on inthe guild run by our members, most prominently activities in Val'sharah to help push back the Nightmare where we can, and in Suramar to help the refugees from Val'sharah find safety. We also have a story involving an old Troll enemy of ours, and one of our members is running a Demon Hunter-related story.

Horde

Mor Shan Marauders: The Mor'shan Marauders trained two weeks in advance forthe Great Horde Hunt. We slew many Alliance filth before slaying far more in the Great Horde Hunt itself in the Broken Isles. Now we are continueing our campaign in Ashenvale, besieging Forest Song. After our succes in Ashenvale, we will start a Campaign in Lordaeron. Pillaging village to village aiming to end in Stranglethorn Valley.

Red Reach Raiders: Red Reach started Legion by sailing towards broken isles, crashing their ship, shipwrecking on the isles and eventually regroupping to Dalaran. Recently acquiring a new ship by.... less than honest methods, the Raiders are intent to sell the vessel and upgrade (potentially) to a zeppelin instead.

Sin Thalas: The past month we were preparing for the legion attack, broken isles event line and to move to Dalaran.

The Tempest Covenant: The Tempest Covenant has been sailing around The Broken Isles supplying the forces against the Legion with weaponry and gadgets made from engineering, like gun running . We recently found a crumpled up map, we're discovering the location of that too.

Venomspine Pariahs:Most of our recent stuff is related to internal conflicts, in character. A portion of the Venomspine's leadership has been found corrupt, and a group of 'rebels' (true Venomspine Pariahs, led by Grimsleep) seek to take out these corrupt leaders. It's heavily based on the Legion, as we recently established a foothold in Dreadwake's landing in Stormheim. We've had some WPvP events there, and we're raiding a camp or two for reagents to prepare for this final fight against the corrupted Venomspine Leaders. Right now, we're trying out rank specific events for the first time. SO far so good. It's part of a major storyline divided in 7 chapters. Most of our best RP is spontaneous casual stuff that leads to bigger things, we have many dynamic characters that work well together and we manage to write great stuff with what we've got.

Last edited by Skarain on Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain on Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:29 pm

Crossed my mind..... would it be a terrible idea to make a Discord group for "general Roleplaying info" aswell? Like, creating new servers is super-easy, so making one in where newbies can hop and ask questions - just like in LFRP, would be cool.

Last edited by Skarain on Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagefire - Dove on Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:37 pm

Anything that provides incentive for people to join our community is good. I think that is a great idea, and we can advertise on the in game LFRP channel too, for those lurking there.

If you need any help, give a shout Smile

Sagefire - Dove

Character sheet
Name: Anthaniel Sagefire
Title: Acolyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain on Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:40 pm

To ask about Roleplaying Discord channel:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sagefire wrote:If you need any help, give a shout Smile

Will do, though I am not sure what to go about asking help for. The thread itself I think I can handle. Advertising Roleplaying..... well, one can always make a macro that advertises about [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] LFRP and DefiasRP Discord and hit it every 30 minutes to Trade.

Bound to yield some more roleplayers to the community eventually.

Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Webbles on Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:16 am

I see you didn't have a chat log addon on that PC you used for the 'interviews'! Valdisdall, not Valdisfar Razz

Webbles

Character sheet
Name: Webbles Boozeboat
Title: Her Majesty

http://thescarlet.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:07 am

Will fix!

I also finally got around writing the introduction to the server's RP. Do give feedback.

Roleplaying Introduction & Server Info
Hello. My name is Skarain, active Roleplayer on the server's since 7/2011, and I shall try to sheen some insight to the inner workings of the roleplaying community present on the server.

What is Roleplaying?
Roleplaying, as a starter, means immersing to your character and living their life as they were a person who belong to the universe. Being born in it, experiencing the events present in this world and shapen by those events into the person that they are today. Who they are, where they are from and what they are like as a person. While this can be done by your own, in your mind alone or by writing stories of your character, most players engage in roleplaying with other roleplayers. Usually, this makes for a better story as each character is able to get echo to their words and actions from other players. Together, they may go out on an adventure, exchange different views on matters or simply get drunk in a nearby tavern.

Now then. Roleplayers are a minority among the playerbase of World of Warcraft, even on the Roleplaying servers. This means that not everyone you meet will be a roleplayer. Some may respond to you if you /say something to them, but in general most players simply go about their business like any average player.

Likewise, to be a roleplayer does not mean that you engage in roleplaying "all the time". We engage in ingame activities, do raiding, pvp, leveling, pet-battles, end-game stuff just like any other. The difference is that we do take some time aside, like someone would for a raid or RBG, to engage in roleplaying with other people. Usually, this happens on the evening, between 19.00-23.00, depending on the guild and group of friends preferences.

Where can Roleplaying be found?
On these RP-PvP servers, Roleplayers are primarily found under Roleplaying Guilds. These guilds commonly follow a specific "theme", such as being a band of brigands, merciless marauders, devout Light-worshippers, protectors of the innocent, a noble house, an evil cult, race-specific groups, different organisations and the list goes on. These guilds then create events for their members, provide structure (around the concept) and encourage their members to progress their character stories.

While Roleplaying can be found out without belonging to a guild, a general recommendation for a person new to roleplaying would be to join a guild. A guild lowers the entry level, immediately includes new recruits to their events and are able to provide help and advice where needed.

To find roleplaying unguilded
First: learn to make use of the "public roleplaying channels". These can be found at the beginning of this thread. In the channels, ask where roleplaying would be found. On the forums, read about the Events, In Character and Looking for Roleplaying entries for plots, campaigns and events that are open to be participated.
Second: Engage in roleplaying offered. Learn about the different guilds, RP hubs and where people gather to roleplay.
Third: Form contact with the roleplayers you meet, especially those who you end up roleplaying regularly with. This will get you invited into even more roleplaying, including plots and events that are not open to the public.

Don't be Shy!
Lastly but most importantly, don't be afraid to talk to people. Nobody is going to judge you if your english isn't perfect, or if you take ages to respond. We all have been there. We know how it is. I personally are from Finland and I have learned most of my english by roleplaying (and using google translator/online dictionaries for support). Let them know if you are new, and they will show patience and if need be help you forward. We learn by doing. Roleplaying is no different from that.

— Skarain, 13th of October, 2016

Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top