Frenchy looking for RP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Frenchy looking for RP

Post by Withman on Mon May 02, 2016 9:24 am

Hi everyone !
My name is "Withman", and i'm a "former" french WoW player. After having played to WoW for a long time (since BC) , i'm now looking for a RP server, since i'm particularly fond of roleplaying. However, French RP servers are..meh.. somewhat "underpopulated".
Consequently, i heard about Defias Brotherhood and then came here to gather informations.
Is it "RP" all the time ? Like "random RP" , or is it more guild-specialized ?
I'd like to have the best rp experience possible, and actually live ine the skin of my character, i grew a bit sick of "normal" wow, rp seems refreshing to me, could entertain me a bit more than the simple WoW experience. Is everyone roleplaying ?
Please excuse my english, but i'm currently in a hurry and don't have a lot of time to write, don't worry in game i shall take care.

Good Game, looking forward to meet you IG !

Withman

Back to top Go down

Re: Frenchy looking for RP

Post by Webbles on Mon May 02, 2016 9:54 am

Skarain will probably soon swoop in with their part 563 of the "What DB et al is like" novel series, but here's my short answer:

Is it "RP" all the time ? Like "random RP" , or is it more guild-specialized ?
The latter. The RP on this server is rather event based, but luckily there are lots of them and some random RP happens as well — mainly concentrated in the late evening.

If you truly wish to 'live in the skin of [your] character', you may want to check out the Argent Dawn server. They have more RP, but they don't really have RP-PvP.

Webbles

Character sheet
Name: Webbles Boozeboat
Title: Her Majesty

http://thescarlet.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas on Mon May 02, 2016 9:58 am

Couple of french people kicking about in Defias, so you will have some one to talk to about how terrible everyones food is compared to yours!

I think you'll like it here:

AD has more people, it's true, but you get lost in the shuffle, here, we know each other so it's a bit more... Well, cheers'y ?
Hope you check it out

Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Withman on Mon May 02, 2016 11:58 am

Thx for the quick replies !
I guess i'll pay a visit to the Defias then, loos really nice !
Last question ( but not least ) : is TRP3 ( addons ) worth having ?
I suppose i'll post a litte presentation on the forum later !

Withman

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas on Mon May 02, 2016 12:01 pm

TRP3 is the way to go!

GHI has limited use here since created items can't be traded cross server, so you could only move items between defias to other defias players (5 servers joined here) but you -CAN- import code which has allowed for a few RP things to be done, for instance the Alliance newspaper

"The Scarlet"

Which get's written up then the code is posted for others to import

Another add-on you might find useful is; Tongues ; if you are playing a race with a "Lingo" that your struggling to master, Dwarf, Nelf, broken common speaking Dreanei, etc

Think that's all your bases covered!

Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain on Tue May 03, 2016 1:19 pm

The roleplaying on the RP-PvP servers, "Defias Brotherhood et al." (Defias Brotherhood, Ravenholdt, The Venture Co, Scarshield Legion, Sporeggar) is primarily focused around the evening, between 19.00-24.00 servertime. There may be pockets of roleplaying going on earlier or later but those are a minority.

Roleplaying on the server is relatively guild-focused, with the exception of the roleplaying hubs around Stormwind and Silvermoon in where players of a multitude of guilds mingle together, either through community events or simply going for a drink in one of the active taverns of the cities (Slaughtered Lamb & The Blue Recluse, SW, for Alliance, Wayfarer's Rest, SMC, for Horde).

Community events can be often be seen posted on the "Event" section of these forums. On the Alliance, recurring (weekly) events are Stormwind Council (Tuesday, 21.00, SW Keep), Senate of Ironforge  (Thursday, 20.00, Library, HoE, Ironforge) and Weekly Rp Spot (day varies. Check the Event post of it on forums).

On the Horde, there are no weekly RP events. Guilds do co-operate a bit less than they do on the Alliance, most doing their own thing, but sometimes larger events are created to bring the various individuals together. The Horde Gathering for one happens once each month, as a way to recap amongst other guilds what things are going. Other events pop up now and then.

The Alliance side roleplaying community is about double the size of the Horde side RP scene of current, but it tends to change now and then.

Most players on the RP-PvP servers do not actually roleplay. The Roleplaying community is at max 100 players, probably closer to 60 current with the pre-expansion lull. While not an overwhelming amount, once you find your contacts and guilds, you are set for the rest of your roleplaying career.

Likewise, while the majority of the playerbase does not roleplay, neither does the roleplayers be roleplaying 24/7. We to go and do Arena, run raids, grind Ashran, do quests and so-on. We merely add Roleplaying into our list of activities. To some, it is a minority while to others it's 80% of the time they spend ingame.

As with most new roleplayers, I recommend you to find a Roleplaying guild if you are entirely new into roleplaying. A guild can help you forward and get you hooked up in ongoing plotlines. Roleplaying without a roleplaying guild can be done, but it requires a bit of know-how on where to 'find' roleplaying for yourself.

/join LFRP ingame can get you forward in finding a roleplaying guild, if you are unable to find a recruitment post of your liking from the forums.

Also, your english is just fine. If you don't know some words in roleplaying, worry not and make use of internet translators to find a meaning to the words. That's what I did and still do when I do not know some word, not being a native english-speaker.

Total RP 3 is the "roleplaying addon to-go" in most cases. Some prefer the more simple UI of MyRoleplaying or Xroleplay, or ... many others, but it falls on personal preference. Most addons can communicate with eachother despite being of a different type.

If you have other questions, do throw around. I am more than happy to write more of these essays to cover up all the questionmarks thrown around.

Contact: Skarain#2346(Btag), Skarain#8885(Discord), inejaro(Skype)

Help the appearance of the server: Report player/pet/guild names.

Forum Moderator: Contact in regarding questions or issues with the forum.

"Roleplaying....is beautiful. And it may take your heart and soul. Entirely..."

Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:16 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: