Interest check for Druid only RP guild

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interest check for Druid only RP guild

Post by John Blake on Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:23 pm

Hey everyone.

I was curious about druid only RP. Is this a thing?
What are some guild name ideas you guys would have in mind for one, and what purpose would it serve?

John Blake

Character sheet
Name: John Blake
Title: Druid Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Re: Interest check for Druid only RP guild

Post by siegmund on Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:46 am

Don't think there is currently any druid focused guilds or mainly druid RP about.

Not sure what the intrest is, but there might be and i'd give some diversity at the moment. It might be hard to bring up a druid only guild though, since you usually can't gather enough interested people for guilds that are highly specific to one class or race, though not impossible to make one.

There might be some druid RP abour or well druids at least, so try maybe posting on the official DB forum as well and perhaps ask around in LFRP and ICly as well at maybe big events or gathering, social places. You're bound to find some intrest for druid RP at least of some manner or something that has a similar vibe.

That's my advice at least, start with RP and if it can be a thing and you rather work thowards a guild that's fine.

siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral on Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:24 am

Try and do what some other people have done, make some non-guild themed meetings maybe? Gather the druid rpers and have them do stuff together some nights of the week? I think that could be interesting.

Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain on Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:16 pm

A class-specific guild can be made work, although It may prove to be more challenging due to the restrictions it place.

You probably won't get immediate interest. Or rather, the moment you post recruitment threads, you get an influx of members, alts of people who leave or turn inactive after maybe 20 days.

I may be wrong, of course. There is no saying that one could not get members that are as motivated to get the concept going as you are. I am just speaking from my own experience with leading guilds. It can be hard to get established. It takes time and plenty of "working hours" when it comes into making events and writing forum/background material.

It really falls on your own motivation to go on with the project. If you are alright with being the only person in the guild for a time, and you really want to do this, then you should.

Also, just going to say one more thing when it comes to Druid guilds.

D.E.H.T.A.

Contact: Skarain#2346(Btag), Skarain#8885(Discord), inejaro(Skype)

Help the appearance of the server: Report player/pet/guild names.

Forum Moderator: Contact in regarding questions or issues with the forum.

"Roleplaying....is beautiful. And it may take your heart and soul. Entirely..."

Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard on Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:20 am

Interestingly just last night I rolled up a Kaldorei druid on SSL.  I'm definitely interested, though my attendance is sketchy and random at best.

I'm currently on F2P account, having let mine lapse, and have no plans to subscribe yet (though I often chage my mind!), so can't actually join a guild I don't believe, but I'd be up for any druidical RP when I'm online.

In terms of guild ideas, the obvious one to me is to make a PC run guild which represents the Cenarion Circle.  We don't need to have Malfurion in the guild, of course, but whoever runs it (assuming they are max level) could easily be considered an Arch Druid, reporting directly to Malfurion, I would have thought?

All you'd need to make this fly, I would think, is a bunch of "missions" to send Druid PCs on.  You have an obvious base in Moonglade which all druids (over 14th level) can simply get to.  So that makes for a really good rallying point and a place it is easy to centre RP around.

Even if there were only a few duids involved to start with I think this could be built easily enough.

@Skarain - what is D.E.H.T.A? (I'm about to go and google it...)

Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard on Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:36 am

Just looked up DEHTA. Smile

Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title: