Sealed letter to Wardens, Disciples, Theatre, Delirium, Ninth, and Clans.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sealed letter to Wardens, Disciples, Theatre, Delirium, Ninth, and Clans.

Post by Zackarn Yorelas on Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:03 am

Greetings Sir / Madam

I write to you this eve to extend an invitation to a war council, intended to be held tonight at Nine bells, in the Northshire Abbey.
The aim of which is three fold.

Firstly, to pursue the Vile Thorn into their hiding places and smoke them out, secondly, to strike a blow against the Horde for sheltering them, and thirdly to rescue prisoners being held by the Forsaken for their experiments.

Read on for the outline of our plan, as it currently stands...

Upon an agreed time we shall move our joint forces toward our Order of the Root's forward base, from where we shall deploy troops via the portal.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Each unit moving through will need to await a buffet of slow fall from the attending magi before using the portal, to ensure a safe landing on the other side.

The portal shall be intended to lead the troops into Ancient Dalaran.

Once landed, they will form a defensive perimeter around the landing zone and await confirmation of full deployment before moving onward.

From here we intend to climb up and move across the water toward Fenris Keep and use it as a temporary base for the duration of this assault, making use of water walking magics to travel across the lake.

Once Fenris keep is secured the Order of the Leaf will embark on their assigned mission, to scale the walls

plant sapper charges on the out laying outpost within the Ruins and destroy the Forsaken supplies, using the confusion to infiltrate deeper into the city to find a safe place to call in a Warlock to open a summoning portal.

Once our full force is assembled we will begin the decent into the Undercity, our objective is three fold.

Head into the Throne room to attack Sylvanas, but also, to use this as a lure to bring the guards away from the Apothocarium, as well as luring the Thorn out, a small team will break off from the main forces to extract the prisoners during the confusion.

Once we have confirmation of the escape, we shall fight our way clear and dispatch any resistance to allow us to create a new set of portals to make a quick exit, the P.O.W's will be given to the care of the church.

This is a rough draft of the proposed plan, the War Council will of course be used to confer and confirm these plans and change them where needed.

White Oak watch over you.

Vice Councillor of War for House Yore, Drakore.

Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: Sealed letter to Wardens, Disciples, Theatre, Delirium, Ninth, and Clans.

Post by CarmtanNightglade on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:05 am

Keep in mind for a portal to work you need two sorcerers channeling (one on either side). It might be better to just use a normal portal than the Everbloom one anyway given it's a Kirin'tor site.

As for the involvement of warlocks - I assume the group heading to attack the Queen of the Forsaken herself are open to illegal practices? Otherwise you could probably use a mage again to create a portal Smile

Despite the above - thank you for planning and running this.

CarmtanNightglade

Character sheet
Name: Carmtan Abendas Nightglade
Title: Physician

http://wardensofazeroth.wowlaunch.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:25 am

Warlock magic is only illegal within alliance major citys to my knowledge, so I don't see an issue there, as for the everbloom site, ICly we intended to treat it as a "Different" area. in the mountains -Somewhere-

However any issues had with the plan can be brought up at the War Council and altered if needs be

Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Azapha on Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:52 am

IC warlock magic is used by alliance to wage war.. there is a dislike to warlock, but its not illegal as war magic

although IC there nothing wrong with being unhappy about it

Azapha

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:41 am

Bold. Risky. Elite.

I like it!

Mallucis

Character sheet
Name: Aramal Blackstone
Title: Knight of Stormwind, Lord of Blackwood

http://mallucis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CarmtanNightglade on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:54 am

That's fair enough then Zack. I mean it's not an official Alliance military movement so ofc the tolerance of warlocks depends on the IC group as Azapha said. However it is indeed illegal to practice it as you already acknowledged.

Looks fun!

CarmtanNightglade

Character sheet
Name: Carmtan Abendas Nightglade
Title: Physician

http://wardensofazeroth.wowlaunch.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:27 pm

I acknowledge it's considered illegal to practice it inside major citys. (As per player fluff laws) Outside, no.

Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Second Draft. "The" Plan

Post by Zackarn Yorelas on Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:41 pm

Greetings Sir / Madam

As agreed upon during the War Council the revision of the plans laid forth for discussion have been amended to facilitate each orders strengths and to increase our combined chance of success during this endeavour.

For the purpose of explanation I will lay this forth in a manner that facilitates the Yorian command structure, as I feel this will also be widely applicable to the various allied coalitions.

From the beginning then.

The Order of the Leaf an allied attachments (Those capable of infiltration) Will take flight toward Aerie Peak, along with the Herald of House Yore.

After arrival they will proceed through the mountain pass into the Hillsbrad foothills, taking the route to the rear of Durnhold Keep directly toward Dun Garok, to effect repairs on the cannon, the Herald will attend to the angry spirits during the duration of these repairs to ensure the engineers can work in relative safety.

Once the cannon is operational it will be used to fire an explosive shell into the Sludge Fields... However while repairs are in effect, a second team will be dispatched to the fields to extract survivors (Making use of pre-supplied scrolls to allow teleportation to a safe location)

Once the extraction is finished and the team is clear the order will be given for firing, after which time the two teams will rally in Dun Garok and await summoning to the Undercity Sewers.

Meanwhile, for the Order of the Root and Oak.

They will begin in the Howling Fjord at Valgarde
Where a ship will be commissioned for the duration of this incursion, Shamans will attend to the ships concealment by way of mist to cover it's approach into Forsaken lands.

The ship will weigh anchor off the coast of Tirisfall, to the cliff face of the Scarlet Monastery some distance from the shoreline, from where we shall take row boats onto land, maintaining the shamanistic mist to conceal our landing.

After land fall the Orders of Oak and Root will rally in the abandoned watch tower on the bluff and distribute disguises by way of the Hallows end wands to allow us to pass for natives, though naturally we must avoid venturing to close to densely populated areas to avoid arousing suspicion, also travailing in small groups.

Eventually moving toward the rear entrance of the Undercity, rallying once more in an abandoned watch tower to the rear of the sewers.

Once the detonation of the Sludge fields is confirmed and Forsaken troops have departed the city to investigate we shall begin summoning in the Leaf team, once we have confirmed we are at full troop strength we intend to storm the sewers on the most direct route toward the Apothacarium to release the prisoners held within, by way of the scrolls previously mentioned in the Order of the Leaf's briefing.

We shall also be using this same extraction method ourselves.

Le'Theme song OOC, naturally:

Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa on Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:25 am

Sir Zackarus Xaviour wrote:I acknowledge it's considered illegal to practice it inside major citys. (As per player fluff laws) Outside, no.

Littlepip wrote:

I found the link, the law is confirmed. 07:15

It is not legal in lore, either, as confirmed by Chris Metzen here (Please humour me and watch it; skip to 7:15 minutes. Please). The discussion about legality of practicing the magic of the Burning Legion and summoning monsters that have almost destroyed the entire world three times, and soon a fourth, it getting pretty old. Just accept that it isn't legal, we're not saying you can't do it, just don't keep insisting that it is perfectly legal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I otherwise like your plan for the most part, it is well thought out and I applaud you for it. Attacking Sylvanas IC is, however, bad roleplay in my opinion and I will not be taking part. I wish you all luck and enjoyment of your event, however.

Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund on Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:10 am

For the warlock thing Alliance do use warlocks especially in the books Tides of war and War crimes, where it's pretty obvious warlocks are included in the military and do use demons and dark magic against the enemies of the alliance.

Think there are some ingame examples as well. Of course I can't say anything on specifically how practicing happens but actually using it to combat enemy forces that is infact a thing.

siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:54 am

siegmund wrote:For the warlock thing Alliance do use warlocks especially in the books Tides of war and War crimes, where it's pretty obvious warlocks are included in the military and do use demons and dark magic against the enemies of the alliance.

Think there are some ingame examples as well. Of course I can't say anything on specifically how practicing happens but actually using it to combat enemy forces that is infact a thing.

Thank you for backing up your argument with lore sources, I am aware of those. Both of those examples show warlocks seemingly brought into the Alliance military and kept in check, not normal citizens summoning demons for non combat purposes. I agree that the Alliance military probably uses warlocks when needed but they certainly don't seem to be wide spread nor left to their own devices.

Though I shall not allow this thread to go off topic and won't reply on this topic again, we can debate it elsewhere if anyone has anything to add - and I would love to hear from you.

Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis on Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:32 am

siegmund wrote:especially in the books

It seems there are the righteous books too ;]

On the topic of the offtopic:

Mallucis

Character sheet
Name: Aramal Blackstone
Title: Knight of Stormwind, Lord of Blackwood

http://mallucis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:07 am

Just to add, there is (so far) very little enthusiasm from the Horde rp and rp/pvp guilds. There is an rp event tonight and I'll see what buy-in I get from that but at the moment, it's roughly the people we had last time that will attend (i.e. not many at all).

Zackarus invited Horde w-pvp guilds which will make it a very different event Horde side as we would lose all rp aspects. I was against that idea because of how it would spoil it for us but it may just end up as that, you attack IC and those who want to will turn up and defend OOC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas on Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:39 am

Well an attack on the city would have provoked them any way, you can't exclude them, so may as well try to include them.

As for inviting them I was offering it as an option, I've made no formal arrangements with them to say "Be here, at this time, with these people" etc.

Which was the offer I put forward, they are there and willing to join you, if you want them. You don't, I won't share any details with them. But they follow us on B-tag as well as /who, so you can bet the W-PvP'ers will show up even if I keep them out the loop

Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:36 am

The coalition will move to Valgarde in Howling Fjord at the 28th where a ship will be loaded with supplies for the coming operation.

Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name: Thurman Agamand
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:42 am

Sir Zackarus Xaviour wrote:Well an attack on the city would have provoked them any way, you can't exclude them, so may as well try to include them.

As for inviting them I was offering it as an option, I've made no formal arrangements with them to say "Be here, at this time, with these people" etc.

Which was the offer I put forward, they are there and willing to join you, if you want them. You don't, I won't share any details with them. But they follow us on B-tag as well as /who, so you can bet the W-PvP'ers will show up even if I keep them out the loop

Fair enough, let whoever wants to turn up do so then. We (VT) won't be leading anything and will do our own thing; picking off the healers, stragglers and my favourite - the wounded Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:19 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top