Interest Check for Horde: One-Off RP-PvP Hunts (aka Thorn Hunts with friends)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interest Check for Horde: One-Off RP-PvP Hunts (aka Thorn Hunts with friends)

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:23 am

Thorn Hunts are where we, as a guild, head off to slaughter Alliance but do it all IC'ly through rp/pvp.  The hunts are rarely scripted, we hop from one place to another and woe-betide anyone that kills a Thorn and shows disrespect (ie /lol or /spit) or opens on us after we have killed and left them.  We try and stick to a one-kill rule (apart from the aforementioned) and although it can be hard to keep track at times, the rule remains.

Is there any interest in either:

1 - Stealther hunts
2 - All class Hunts

The first would be any class with a stealth ability, the second would be any class at all.  We would most likely have to limit them to lvl 95+ due to guard spawns although keeping 95-99's alive without a stealth ability may be hard.

All hunts would be Thorn led with all interactions IC.  No /roll and no tactics discussed OOC, it's more fun to problem solve in rp after all.  I've a few ideas on why we would invite others so can come up with a loose IC reason but please don't expect deep storylines that extend from one event to another and it's up to you to figure out a reason why you'd accept our IC invite.  Think of this as my/VT's attempt at stimulating social rp and interactions for Defias RP'ers but in a setting of Alliance blood and gore.  

Skills/Gear/Ability/Any-Clue-on-PvP-At-All not required.  Sense of humour on occasions of abject failure is as must.

Shadows protect,
Arli

Edit: As we may have some pacifists joining us, we will start with some non-combat training. Still all IC and suitable for all levels if you want lowbies to come along to that.

Last edited by Arli on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: Interest Check for Horde: One-Off RP-PvP Hunts (aka Thorn Hunts with friends)

Post by Zackarn Yorelas on Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:34 am

Let's us know when your on the hunt and we will see about providing some Yorians to get in the mix!

Edit** To fight against you, obviously.

Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: Interest Check for Horde: One-Off RP-PvP Hunts (aka Thorn Hunts with friends)

Post by Naroma on Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:13 pm

I clearly can't pass up an opportunity either.

Eagerly awaiting.

Naroma

Character sheet
Name: Naroma Herandir
Title: Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Luciouz Dalton on Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:59 pm

I think i can almost for certain say that my Venomspine Pariah's are 110% EXCITED about this! i personally as a half GM part sure am! i will personally be there on the doctor! i shall inform my collegues!

FOR THE FORSAKEN AND FFOR THE HORDE!!!
IN THE NAME OF THE QUEEN!

Dr.Luciouz Dalton

Character sheet
Name: Luciouz E. Dalton
Title: Doctor, Battle Surgeon/Medic

http://raptor85.deviantart.com/gallery/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:01 pm

Two Alliance guilds offering their backs as targets for our daggers? How can we refuse?

We're looking at next Sunday (11th), started contacting Horde rp guilds, already have the dear Doctor on board to assist us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:30 pm

Also, to include the pacifists I will add some non-pvp training at the start, fun stuff Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oacenth on Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:50 pm

News has been spreading fast around the alliance RP community about this. So I know a few different guilds would definitely be up for making this a RP-PVP thing Very Happy

Oacenth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas on Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:55 pm

Watch us not be able to find them now haha

"Holy crap... How many of them are there... 20.. no 30.. Alright lads, plan B. Whos got the jumper packs?"

Alliance Scout; Sir! No sign of them!

Alliance Commander; Ofcourse not ye bloody id'jit, their Rogues! Right everyone, start duelling, let's bait them out with some half dead warlocks.

Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:55 am

Hunters man, get hunters and the destro locks should spam aoe.

siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:00 pm

First event will be multi-class so not so hard to find. The non-pvp part at the start may have lowbies so if you could accidentally not see us during that, it would be nice Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas on Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:03 pm

no worries, just to double check its tanaan 20:00'ish right?

Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:38 pm

Not finalised yet, but after 20:30 on Sunday as I can rarely get in game before then most days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas on Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:50 pm

Roger dodge, we made it an ic thing at the council tonight, so we have some back story to hold it up so its more then us wandering about while you gank our patrols haha

Just give us an update when you have one and I'll see about getting the info out our side, Naroma is a good go to aswell.

Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip on Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:32 am

Arli I sent you an MP if you didn't notice, hope you respond very soon.

Distracting Image:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"We don’t always get what we want. Even when we deserve it."

- Fallout: Equestria - Project Horizon. Blackjack.

Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:04 am

Definately on for Sunday, will get info to you in-game. If you can post which char needs the info then I'l mail them Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa on Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:52 am

The Theatre of Blood's meeting night is Sunday, so we're planning to have everyone online anyway. We'll divert ourselves to wherever you guys are to provide targets and some cross RP-PvP if that's cool with you? ^^

((We'll not target any lowbies in combat, just to be fair.))

Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:13 am

That would be awesome Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Luciouz Dalton on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:11 am

Iiiih!! I'm so excited! i can't wait!

Dr.Luciouz Dalton

Character sheet
Name: Luciouz E. Dalton
Title: Doctor, Battle Surgeon/Medic

http://raptor85.deviantart.com/gallery/

Back to top Go down

Post by Naroma on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:21 am

Question, is a location chosen? Even as vague as Draenor/Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor?

Naroma

Character sheet
Name: Naroma Herandir
Title: Master Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:48 am

Those posted here have been sent IC letters via PM, check your mailbox Naroma!

Back to top Go down

Post by Oacenth on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:20 am

The letters were a really nice added touch! Very Happy

Oacenth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:37 am

Glad you liked the letters - not very well written as it was late and my brain had already gone to bed Smile

I think it adds to things a little if you get some solid IC evidence of attack, will do something similar next time - maybe via a different route (will need someone willing to be caught and...uh... 'given a message')

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:17 am

We had a fun evening a couple of weeks ago - we did some rp-based training in Howling Fjord and then onto Duskwood for an rp/pvp hunt. It was great to have opposition waiting for us and a nice no-rules type of event (although people were given time to ress if they asked).

Is there any interest in further small events? Not necessarily involving mobilising the Alliance to be there, more just us turning up and seeing what chaos we can cause. Also happy to run rp-based events without PvP combat involved although they will be 'doing stuff' and not standing around talking IC.

As with the original idea - all one-off events (not storylines), no /roll and open to all skill levels and gear levels - and for rp-based events, any character level too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas on Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:35 am

We are planning later on to begin a sort of.. patrol based event, selecting certain areas to do a sweep of.

I think that event mechanic could tie in nicely with what you are hoping to do, it would be a much smaller affair, more... Intimate. >Smile

Is going to be about.. 3 weeks down the line though, at a best guess.

Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:39 am

Hmm depends if we get any interest from other guilds. As far as I can tell, the majority of Horde guilds we have left just want their rp to be no more exciting that a /yell at a /roll that causes some imaginary beast at a raid marker to attack.

We've lost the rp/pvp way.

Going to have to see what I can do to get more rogues willing to head out and slaughter you guys - don't need large numbers when you have the element of surprise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:47 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top