How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying?

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying?

Post by nope on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:23 am

Oh, bugger. Does contacting specific guilds help with that? Idk Dominion sound rp-friendly from what I've heard.

nope

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar/Kavalis on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:43 am

We've been bringing Dominion and whichever other pvp guilds would play ball for a year by now though. That idea isn't really new.

Ixirar/Kavalis

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral on Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:56 am

There must be a better way of spreading IC awareness of general messages and public events than only going to council.

One is possibly the town crier that people have mentioned in the past? Have them go around and spread the news, get people to interact and react. Even if there isn't a player being a Crier at the time of need, go the chat channel macro route with "A town crier announces: There is X so X and be X"

I know there are lots of people who won't go to council either because it's just too boring to stand around there, or because they have bad experiences with it. We need to reach those people too.

Also:
Arabella Greene wrote:
nope wrote:I think something that would help the 'toxic atmosphere' thing is if people that disliked eachother just...stopped baiting/interacting?

Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw on Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:09 am

Indeed, that would be quite a good idea. Might lead to more RP from unaware or those that just are slightly interested.

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa on Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:24 am

A town crier using /y for initial announcing and walking around districts chatting to people sounds like a pretty fun idea. They could announce things from the rumour mill too. Yell guild recruitment adds for the RP guilds. It sounds like it could be fun.

Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina on Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:34 am

I've done it before, it's fun to rp but you do get slagged off a fair bit ic too or flat-out ignored now and then by the more...isolationist types. Plus SO MANY MUGGINGS. So not for anyone easily riled up or prone to ooc overreactions I really enjoyed rping it, the mugging especially (Swindle stole my bell. And I always got chased through Old Town by angry mobs), the only thing that was irritating was the people flat out ignoring.

Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw on Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:45 am

Sounds incredibly fun. Also makes ALOT more sense than the advertisements in general chat

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene on Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:46 am

Hahaha ooc overreactions XD

Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zathoroz on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:03 pm

People want more RP but doesn't wanna put any effort into it instead they just move server and just turning their backs on the issues, that is the truth.

Let the bitching at me begin for telling what you all know but do not want to hear.

Zathoroz

Character sheet
Name: Zathoroz
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:07 pm

He is right. That is mostly why I am right with the quality of the RP on Defias is higher than AD. The lazy and bad RPers just say"fuck this shit, it is dead" and moves to AD. While the veterans, those that put effort and intrest into their RP stays, trying to rebuild the RP they love...

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar/Kavalis on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:14 pm

Zathoroz wrote:People want more RP but doesn't wanna put any effort into it instead they just move server and just turning their backs on the issues, that is the truth.

Let the bitching at me begin for telling what you all know but do not want to hear.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ixirar/Kavalis

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar/Kavalis on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:20 pm

Tnecniw wrote:He is right. That is mostly why I am right with the quality of the RP on Defias is higher than AD. The lazy and bad RPers just say"fuck this shit, it is dead" and moves to AD. While the veterans, those that put effort and intrest into their RP stays, trying to rebuild the RP they love...

I'm ten times the veteran you are. I played on this server from day one. Watching it dwindle has been painful. In the past I've been one of the most outspoken opponents of setting sail for AD. But the diversity and quality that Defias used to pride itself with simply is not there anymore. The two main traits that set DB apart was its big, engaging RP PVP campaigns and the fact that we had an intact IC infrastructure that was more or less respected by the vast majority of the server. Atm even the council is only 50/50 and the last RP PVP campaign we had was redridge in like, what, may 2014?

You may raise your fists at those of us who are moving to AD now, but let me tell you this cold hard truth: You have no right to. You have no right to our company. You have no right to our presence. You have no authority to tell us that we're hypocrites for doing this. We're not the ones calling for more RP. In fact, if you ask me, the best thing that could happen for the EU English RP scene is if DB dies completely and everyone moves to AD.

Ixirar/Kavalis

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:30 pm

First of all: I never claimed to be a veteran.

Second of all: I don't give a single flying fuck about what YOU think about the Moving to AD. I don't care if you think that the DB quality that I know is less than what you know cause that is a thing of the past. Of course it is something to aim for to bring back, but don't call out others who haven't experienced it for saying that Defias need to reclaim its quality

Third of all: I have all right to call someone out for moving away from Defias instead of trying to rebuild, as much as I have all right to call out on someone that leaves when the group attempts to rebuild a house.

FOURTH OF ALL: DON'T YOU DARE, to say that it is best for Defias RP community to die down. If you wish that FINE, go to AD and leave this forum and let us try to rebuild what we feel passion for. SO EITHER YOU TRY TO HELP OR GET THE FUCK OUR OF HERE.

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:32 pm

There's more than one multi-racial guild on Horde side.

The Blood Wolf Clan and the Shatterskull Marauders are both open to all Horde races. The Marauders are more military, the Blood Wolves more anarchic.

Horde side is quiet, there's no denying that. But, its far from dead. We Blood Wolves are still kicking, even if our numbers have sunk somewhat.
What we've done though, instead of whinging about RP dying is we've decided to make the most of it. We're now RPing alongside the Painted Skulls, and loving every minute of it.

I guess that's the difference between Horde and Alliance. Alliance players cry, scream, whinge and attack each other, Horde players get on with life.
I'm only partly joking.
I'm sure a lot of Alliance players are fine, but any random person interested in RP and looking at this forum first would almost certainly be put off by how fucking childish and pathetic the Alliance players are here.

At the end of the day everything has a finite life span. RP here on DB et all may be declining, but such is life. RP on AD may be booming, but we can't say for sure that it still will be 2 years from now.

[H] Guk Swordshatter - Orc - Illusionist, murderer and psychopathic bitch

Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:33 pm

Oh look. Even as I typed my post two Alliance players were scratching each other's eyes out.

Grim

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:35 pm

Tnecniw wrote:He is right. That is mostly why I am right with the quality of the RP on Defias is higher than AD. The lazy and bad RPers just say"fuck this shit, it is dead" and moves to AD. While the veterans, those that put effort and intrest into their RP stays, trying to rebuild the RP they love...

Get off the horse. It doesn't suite you. I've been on this realm since day one. I've seen it all. *Taps walking cane*. People come and go, that's a truth, nothing more, nothing less.  I personally can't speak much for AD myself. I too am testing the waters there since I already had a 90 DK there and priest (I needed character space, DB's was maxed out and AD was the next choice). People moving to another realm to find what they enjoy to do in their free time with their money isn't being lazy or bad, it's them finding a way to retain enjoyment of what they wish. If it isn't to keep on this realm over a struggle, so be it. What is it to you Tnecniw? It doesn't make people any lesser for doing so. I'm a DB Veteran, more so than you even. I've remained here back then and I will still do so now but i'm not being disillusioned either.

TLDR: No one is being lazy or bad by switching servers. Shut up. Get off that horse.

EDIT

Oh look. Even as I typed my post two Alliance players were scratching each other's eyes out.

Three. We've been bad...

Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Zathoroz on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:38 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:
Zathoroz wrote:People want more RP but doesn't wanna put any effort into it instead they just move server and just turning their backs on the issues, that is the truth.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I never denied that I have chars on AD nor has I denied that every now and then I do abit of RP there, but as it stands I'm spending more time on DB helping the community to rebuild with DoL and some Regiments, I do not know if you're accusing me of leaving aswell but if that is the case Check the facts first

Zathoroz

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:42 pm

I guess that's the difference between Horde and Alliance. Alliance players cry, scream, whinge and attack each other, Horde players get on with life.
I'm only partly joking.

That's actually a painful truth. There's been far too much inner conflict over a period of time more than I care to recognise among alliance circles. I can't speak for horde as my experience is nulled, but there's the fair share of entitlement and powerplay here. Or well, more so in the past I guess. I don't really keep up with the RP scene all that much right now to keep attention.

Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Zathoroz on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:48 pm

Grim wrote:
I'm only partly joking.
I'm sure a lot of Alliance players are fine, but any random person interested in RP and looking at this forum first would almost certainly be put off by how fucking childish and pathetic the Alliance players are here.

At the end of the day everything has a finite life span. RP here on DB et all may be declining, but such is life. RP on AD may be booming, but we can't say for sure that it still will be 2 years from now.

Talking about high horse eh? I mean you generalize Alliance just now, I totally agree on that some ally is like that, but then again we have a small group that instead of crying is actually giving an effort to rebuild rather than just leaving it.

Zathoroz

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:53 pm

Grim, I can't agree with you, pal. There's plenty of drama on both Horde and Alliance. I know of some pretty big examples on the Horde side.

The difference is that Horde side has always been guild based. You may interact with other guilds, but you really don't have a comparable social hot spot. Stormwind was the major source of RP for Alliance players. Sure, we have guilds that role-play elsewhere, but one of the draws of Alliance RP was just how social and interactive it was. It's not whinging to say that it's dying, it's more of a statement of fact. Can we do something about it? Sure, we can change the way in which we RP to be more Horde-like. But I'm not searching for that kind of role-play, I tried it out with the Braves, had my fill and now I'm looking for more social based RP. It's definitely a sinking ship.

Every time there's a decline in role-play on Defias, it's for good reason. People make these kind of renewal threads every time it happens and it doesn't really boost the amount of role-players we get. They usually just come naturally. There's been a million efforts to try and promote the role-play and overall you might get one or two new people. Fair enough, it's better than none.

But the server has never had a decline like it it's in right now. Not since I joined in late Wrath at least. We've lost a lot of members since last September. That was normal. The months before an expansion, we usually have very few RPers and everyone rants on about how the server is dead. It always picks up after an expansion comes out. Until WoD. I was saying months ago, "Don't sweat it, everyone comes back for the expansion, tries out the content and stays to RP." Alliance side hasn't felt that this time.

With the two biggest social guilds moving, there's definitely a reason to move now. I, personally, am going. Despite my love for DB, I have found that AD really isn't as toxic as I thought it was.

As for your point, Tnec. It's not lazy to move. Laziness doesn't even come into the equation. Role-play is a hobby, no one has any responsibility to any server.

Your house analogy doesn't fit either. It's more like I'm living in an old, creeking house that is falling apart around me. I've tried to renovate it a bunch of times before, but it's still small and everything always seems to slowly break again. If I just pay a small amount of money, I'm suddenly in a new, modern home in a huge neighbourhood. Some of my neighbours may be dicks, but there's a lot of nice people there too.

Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:54 pm

Grim

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:57 pm

Allonia_Miral wrote:
Arabella Greene wrote:
nope wrote:I think something that would help the 'toxic atmosphere' thing is if people that disliked eachother just...stopped baiting/interacting?

This thread will go on and on and lots of things will be said but few things will be done or rather few acomplished.

Not that i'm any better. Haven't felt much RP need or trying to get something together.

Any server is fine and all have bad things but also good. Obviously saying "X server is bad" as a argument instead of a silly overused joke won't lure anyone more to you.

Anywho fun reading at the very least, but besides a few posts that's all that this is, especially for the last few pages.

siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:59 pm

Vaell, I'm not saying Horde side is better at roleplay or even any less dramatic. I'm well aware there's been mega-drama in the Horde RP scene, I've been at the centre of some of it and caused my fair share of it.

What I'm saying is that the Alliance population of these forums has far too many whiners, who seemingly only post to savage one another. How does that look to a new person, interested in DB roleplaying?
It makes Alliance side, which will always be more popular than Horde side, look like a bunch of drama queens and arseholes.
I know there's plenty of good Alliance players, but what I'm saying is that if these forums were my first experience of Alliance RP then I'd never, ever want to take part in it lest I accidentally end up in the firing line for the rage-fuelled idiots who frequent this dive of a forum.

Grim

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobias Redeye on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:59 pm

I'm with Tnecniw on this one. I don't care whether you point out that you're a "veteran" 10 times in your post. You were there at the beginning, back when -everyone- was there and the RP was at its peak, cookies for you. Now, however, the server is dying and you can look at it as a speeding train with no driver controlling it. Unfortunatly, as I see it - there's two crowds of people. Those abandoning the train and jumping out and those sitting in the corner, covering their face going "It's all over, we're done for" *Insert hysteric crying*.

You're pulling the "Oh well, my money and my game. I can do whatever I want" Of course you can, just please, for the love of god, go actually do whatever it is you want instead of preaching the "This server is dead! This server is dead! There's nothing we can do about it!"

Here's what Tnecniw ment (Atleast what I think he ment):

There's people roleplaying on the server, doing what they can with the resource they have and then there's the people who stopped roleplaying a long time ago or switched the servers already who are just here to talk about how everything is dead and how everything is toxic.

Tobias Redeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:04 pm

Grim wrote:Vaell, I'm not saying Horde side is better at roleplay or even any less dramatic. I'm well aware there's been mega-drama in the Horde RP scene, I've been at the centre of some of it and caused my fair share of it.

What I'm saying is that the Alliance population of these forums has far too many whiners, who seemingly only post to savage one another. How does that look to a new person, interested in DB roleplaying?
It makes Alliance side, which will always be more popular than Horde side, look like a bunch of drama queens and arseholes.
I know there's plenty of good Alliance players, but what I'm saying is that if these forums were my first experience of Alliance RP then I'd never, ever want to take part in it lest I accidentally end up in the firing line for the rage-fuelled idiots who frequent this dive of a forum.

Can't disagree with that tbh!

Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:13 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top