How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying?

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How could we lure more people to try out Roleplaying?

Post by Vardrek/Burgen on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:21 am

This is for the AD leavers

As for DB, well their is a few things the server has been missing for awhile, like a full time player run pub(R.I.P Smoking Blade & Old Town Syndicate), one that doesn't just leave the NPC's to actually sell the merchandise but has a staff to interact with, we've lacked that for a long while, as for le pub it's versatile in that it can be the cover for crime/illegal gambling it can have competitions i.e pub quizzes and if you really want to take the piss IC singing competitions or folk singing and anything else anyone can come up with, those were just off the top of my head.

More Rp-PvP events is a good one, well advertised ones not for us to see but for all who would read the official Blizzard forums to see, post it on the Blizzard Rp forums and the DB et al forums perhaps?

Plan some more server events together, encourage from guild memberships to come forward with their ideas, you can find that other people can throw n some brainstorming ideas to help.

DoL should probably do more holy masses alongside the holy lightbringers, but then again their really is no longer any interest in most of the community for such things anyway far as i've seen?

You also don't have to have IC events or Roleplay all the time, you can all enjoy OOC stuff together too in times of Roleplay downtime, sometimes their is just gonna be those times when everyone is at the IRL pub instead of the Rp pub.

Perhaps other people would like to state some of the things they'd like to see for Rp content?

But most importantly, the one thing that has really killed DB's ability to advertise itself to Roleplayers has been this forum, people who need to interact or keep up with the server business come here cus they have to, whereas for the sake of advertising ourselves to other Roleplayers we really should be somewhere a little more obvious to the new players or to those who aren't in defiasrp, you may not think it's closed off from the world, but it is, sometimes through the fact that not everyone knows about these forums. Look at AD forums compared to DB, their is a stark contrast and it's not just because we have PvP guilds on our forums, it's a lack of participation from DB Roleplayers itself.

Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cirenah on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:47 am

One fun thing I've noticed about DB (horde) is that if you answer "no" to the inevitable "would you like to join my guild" question then any interest in RPing with you vanishes quite suddenly.

Maybe realize that people can have all sorts of reasons to not want to join your guild and it doesn't mean that they hate you or whatever (again, horde behavior. Dunno how it is on alliance).

Cirenah

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:52 am

I don't think the Alliance guilds care that much, if you don't want to join you don't want to join, Alliance side though needs more diversity in their guilds, so that may be perhaps why we're less inclined to care, afterall you may just go ahead and end up making a guild the server needs.

Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cirenah on Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:02 am

I'm guessing it's the consequence of the hyperfocusing on guildcentric rp on horde that makes it so.

But yeah, diversity. Now that Vile Thorn left it looks like there's only single-race guilds and one multirace military guild left on horde.

Cirenah

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigs Morgan on Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:11 am

I don'y think you can lure more people here at this point. Its been on a population decline for a while it seems and I doubt there is any coming back from it. Although I'm not going to say UH NEUH OUR RP IS DED, We should just focus on actually getting along and not being fucking arseholes to on another etc. Probably get a rough idea of who is a regular RPer on the server and start catering events aimed at those. I'd scrap council, If you wasnt actually involved it was more of a test of endurance than RP. Make a regular RP hub someplace and stick to it would be a good start IMO although its hard as fuck to do as everyone wants to be at different places etc. I think improving what is on the server is the best and only option. At the moment all we can really advertise is "Hey please come RP with us. Everyone is leaving. So please come here and be apart of scattered RP that's rather cliquey and hard to find". If whatever guilds are around now days can connect better and interact very regularly I think it would be a fuck ton more fun.

Brigs Morgan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tantzui on Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:34 pm

Horde only lost Vile Thorns to AD. And they even weren't that active with interacting other guilds. So I think we're still good. Guild centric like always yeah, but alteast things aint gone worse. ^^

Tantzui

Character sheet
Name: Tant
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep on Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:48 pm

Tantzui wrote:Horde only lost Vile Thorns to AD. And they even weren't that active with interacting other guilds. So I think we're still good. Guild centric like always yeah, but alteast things aint gone worse. ^^

Better, if anything. Falling leaves/painted skulls are doing well, and even the Sixty thieves are reviving.

Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:32 pm

I like how everyone is saying "So long SW Regi" when Iriel has repeatedly said "We're only trialing."

Pessimistic, much? Razz

Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobias Redeye on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:44 pm

So long Skaraa Sad Sad ;( ;(

Tobias Redeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:49 pm

Skaraa wrote:I like how everyone is saying "So long SW Regi" when Iriel has repeatedly said "We're only trialing."

Pessimistic, much? Razz

Because it's hard to tell. There's a very good chance they'll get lost in the clusterfuck of AD guard/military guilds, but then who do they have to guard over -here-?

Lyniath

Character sheet
Name: Lynne Aeson
Title: Nomadic Cleric / Sorceress

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa on Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:09 pm

Furenia Krast wrote:So long Skaraa Sad Sad ;( ;(

<3

Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:22 pm

back to the origional point of this thread thow... another way t lure rp'ers.. into rp.. or new blood.. i have repetedly threw my time on defias so a good four or five years..
seen a lot of arrogance and bloated ego's ooc..
I have seen many experienced and seasons rp'ers turn there noses up at new people who simply lack experiance knowledge or know the "unwritten rules" IE being cousin to king
heck.. I have even seen rp'ers turn on each other with relentless abuse and attacks to others on this realm... Trolling and bullying hiding behind the labeled "banter"

all of this creates a very toxic atmosphere that new potential rp'ers do pick up on.. heck if I remember right.. an rp'er called cell.. original member of Shadow of Nine.. later.. aboc.. was a roleplayer that ended up hating rp'rs from this very problem..

additionally.. as defias's population of rp'ers dwindles.. the stubborn, are the ones most likley to remain behind.. this includes the hotheads (like me I admit), the arrogant ones, those with ego issues, those who think they can do as they wish without consequence.. etc.. the list goes on...

as this concentration of negativity increases.,. the faster we loose the nicer people.. some who do still remain.. and the harder it is to get new rp'ers

My point is this.. untill we co-operate and learn where to draw the line.. learn when we begin to upset others, learn to not get ourselves locked into small groups and toxic officer basses in guilds that are all so friendly (friend circles) with one another that they refuse to deal with issues or allow fresh blood into said officers to keep things fresh.. we will struggle to gain more members...

tis my two sense anyway from my experience on defias

Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:29 pm

Monrena wrote:
heck.. I have even seen rp'ers turn on each other with relentless abuse and attacks to others on this realm... Trolling and bullying hiding behind the labeled "banter"  
I have seen thirty year olds role-playing out sexual acts with minors. Try not to be so snide in your responses, pal.

Trial or not, I think the Regiment will probably enjoy AD quite a bit. I don't think it's necessarily pessimistic to believe there's a high chance that they will move.

Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar/Kavalis on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:32 pm

additionally.. as defias's population of rp'ers dwindles.. the stubborn, are the ones most likley to remain behind.. this includes the hotheads (like me I admit), the arrogant ones, those with ego issues, those who think they can do as they wish without consequence.. etc.. the list goes on...

Dw bud I moved to AD months ago I'm just hanging around on DefiasRP.

Ixirar/Kavalis

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:33 pm

Ehm, Vaell... You know that "bad-behavior", essentially illegal erp and assholes are WAY more rampant on Argent dawn right? Argent dawn isn't a NICER PLACE (it is actually a lot more hostile) it is just more RP there.

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:34 pm

AD has a lot of good and a lot of bad. I'm just saying it's highly possible the Regiment will enjoy it.

Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:38 pm

I think the CARTELL will enjoy it. But not the regiment. To comes as a newcomer, and be a guard guild in AD is quite difficult. Nobody takes your seriously, there is hard to find a good place, and to be honest, there are WAY too many "bad criminals" there (for example during my time there I met like 6 diffrent kinds of illogical criminals for example is there not uncommon with people that called me out as a lol dodger for dodging (as a hunter) two stabs from a drunken asshole that could barely stand)

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita on Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:49 pm

Vaell wrote:
Monrena wrote:
I have seen thirty year olds role-playing out sexual acts with minors. Try not to be so snide in your responses, pal.

Trial or not, I think the Regiment will probably enjoy AD quite a bit. I don't think it's necessarily pessimistic to believe there's a high chance that they will move.

I was not being snide and I no where mentiond anything about unlawful acts of erp in my post, I also did not name any names in my post eather.. so why you posted this is beyond me

Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell on Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:50 pm

WHY MUST WE FIGHT!

Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita on Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:51 pm

Im not fighting?

Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nope on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:33 pm

Monrena wrote:back to the origional point of this thread thow... another way t lure rp'ers..  into rp.. or new blood.. i have repetedly threw my time on defias so a good four or five years..
seen a lot of arrogance and bloated ego's ooc..
I have seen many experienced and seasons rp'ers turn there noses up at new people who simply lack experiance knowledge or know the "unwritten rules"  IE being cousin to king

all of this creates a very toxic atmosphere that new potential rp'ers do pick up on.. heck if I remember right.. an rp'er called cell.. original member of Shadow of Nine.. later.. aboc.. was a roleplayer that ended up hating rp'rs from this very problem..

additionally.. as defias's population of rp'ers dwindles.. the stubborn, are the ones most likley to remain behind.. this includes the hotheads (like me I admit), the arrogant ones, those with ego issues,  those who think they can do as they wish without consequence.. etc.. the list goes on...

as this concentration of negativity increases.,. the faster we loose the nicer people.. some who do still remain.. and the harder it is to get new rp'ers

My point is this.. untill we co-operate and learn where to draw the line.. learn when we begin to upset others, learn to not get ourselves locked into small groups and toxic officer basses in guilds that are all so friendly (friend circles) with one another that they refuse to deal with issues or allow fresh blood into said officers to keep things fresh.. we will struggle to gain more members...

tis my two sense anyway from my experience on defias

I think something that would help the 'toxic atmosphere' thing is if people that disliked eachother just...stopped baiting/interacting? Random newperson reading a conversation isn't really going to know why Bob sucks and warrants jabs at their spelling/PvP skillz/whatever. It's just off-putting.

also i hope that 30-year-old-erping-with-teenager thing was a 'general example' thing and not 'someone here' because fucking ew

nope

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:03 pm

nope wrote:I think something that would help the 'toxic atmosphere' thing is if people that disliked eachother just...stopped baiting/interacting?

Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:08 pm

also i hope that 30-year-old-erping-with-teenager thing was a 'general example' thing and not 'someone here' because fucking ew

Are you even surprised if so?

Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by nope on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:14 pm

It's less of a surprise thing and more "I hope they were giving a general example of bullshit and not 'here is person that did creepything, right here, in thred, near you' ".

anywayyy more on topic: I recall Rpers joining in on a Talador PvP thing, would the opposite be viable? Like "ohey pvpers we made a rp-pvp event thing feel free to opt in even without rping". Sort of gets both sides communicating/visible but might...also fall into zerg hell.

nope

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong on Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:10 pm

Most wpvp guilds tactics are. OH we're losing, bring more people in. So it only really will end up with, who has the most guildmembers so it's generally not a very good idea if you want enjoyable fights or small skirmishes.

Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name: Thurman Agamand
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:27 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top