LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Arabella Greene on Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:07 am

Thelos wrote:I will say the same thing I always say when people make guard guilds:

Pleasepleasepleaseplease make it a Defias guild! They've got cool bandanas, a rich history and top blueshield role-playing locations! Besides, they're our server's namesake! Our server needs a Defias guild.

The Brotherhood shall prevail!
Will it make you come back?

Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:54 pm

Arabella Greene wrote:
Thelos wrote:I will say the same thing I always say when people make guard guilds:

Pleasepleasepleaseplease make it a Defias guild! They've got cool bandanas, a rich history and top blueshield role-playing locations! Besides, they're our server's namesake! Our server needs a Defias guild.

The Brotherhood shall prevail!
Will it make you come back?

Probably not.

Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:28 pm

What will?

Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgaan on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:49 pm

Death, but on the side note. This does sound interesting. Sadly I wasn't in on the last rebel guild or well which ever it was that came around three(two?) years ago, but instead hunted them down like the scum they were.
But I'd get myself involved into one now for sure (Not because we have 5guards on every citizen)
Anyway, best of Luck!

Morgaan

Character sheet
Name: Morgaan Pureheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene on Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Hail Antheion

Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut on Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:51 am

There was a rebellion styled guild going aboit a year ago or so. They were sloppy and were quickly infiltraited and dealt with by Stormwinds justice system. Remember that a rebellion is treason and treason is against the law. And the lqw is currently very rough.

Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos on Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:18 am

Frankly I think you need to approach a 'rebellion' style guild with the same logic you use when setting up a cult. The keyword is deception. The freemason ideal - you need to have sympathizers and members in high places. Playing characters with claims to nobility for example that move about in high society while secretly plotting all sorts of anti-crime schemes.

Again, this is why the Defias Brotherhood is the best model. Not only do they not discriminate in race, allowing goblins, ogres and even gnolls to join their ranks, but they also had infiltrators in high places.

But this is pretty much me geeking about one of my favorite organizations in WoW lore, like some folks gush over the Scarlet Crusade. Pay this fanboy no heed!

Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl on Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:34 am

Yeah, The previous rebellion guild were mostly sloppy because they posted their "tea" events on the forum and let everyone join in the rebelling meeting.

Like; they didn't screen people to be allowed into their events. And thus all kinds of people that knew there was rebelling afoot went there too with the sole purpose to find out about the rebelling (you know so they weren't "meta-gaming" cause they totes heard it IC.).

If Sloppy is the word for wanting people to RP with you...

The point being is that this community isn't capable of ramping things up anymore. -we- need something to do, and anything is just going to get stomped on to death before it can flourish.

we've had plenty of civil-wars and council overtrowing and what not in the past, but in our current environment that shit just get quashed before it can become really fun.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos on Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:45 am

I must admit that the last time I tried 'starting' something a few months ago, I had a very hard time establishing a network of reliable evil allies to scheme with.

Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skullhunter on Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:27 am

Well.... if anyone would be interested I am in desperate need of recruits and someone that can help me, like a partner.

Skullhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:02 am

Thelos wrote:But this is pretty much me geeking about one of my favorite organizations in WoW lore, like some folks gush over the Scarlet Crusade. Pay this fanboy no heed!

Honestly I'd gush over Defias as much if I'd been able to nurture the RP Urge when it grew, and if they were a bit larger a presence. The Westfall quest chain in Cata was just constantly "Why the hell am I supposed to be siding with the Alliance here? A proper RPG would let me side with the clearly-good guys here"

Lyniath

Character sheet
Name: Lynne Aeson
Title: Nomadic Cleric / Sorceress

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos on Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:13 am

Well...I wouldn't exactly call the Defias Brotherhood the good guys, with the whole pillaging and marauding of farmers who are innocent of the crown's crimes and mister Van Cleef's supervillanous scheme to enact vengeance on Stormwind by attacking it with...a boat.

Seriously how did Edwin think this was a good idea? How do you expect to take on Stormwind with a single juggernaught? If it was that easy, the Horde would have re-razed it during vanilla WoW.

But they are the type of villains whose motivations can at least be understood and deserve some sympathy. A little like the Scarlet Crusade in that respect, I suppose, which explains both of their popularity.

Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar/Kavalis on Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:49 am

Even more, with the boat thing. In vanilla, when VanCleef was trying to pull this off, Stormwind had no harbor. There was no possible way for that boat to do anything to Stormwind. At all.

Ixirar/Kavalis

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong on Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:02 am

Maybe VanCleef would wait for the harbour to be built before attacking?

Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name: Thurman Agamand
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:49 am

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Even more, with the boat thing. In vanilla, when VanCleef was trying to pull this off, Stormwind had no harbor. There was no possible way for that boat to do anything to Stormwind. At all.
You don't need a city to have a harbour in order to shell it with artillery from the ocean.
Infact it seems a lot easier to sit in the water and bombard if nobody can get on a boat and stop you.

Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath on Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:32 am

Thelos wrote:But they are the type of villains whose motivations can at least be understood and deserve some sympathy. A little like the Scarlet Crusade in that respect, I suppose, which explains both of their popularity.

Also, Alliance is severely lacking in the colour red.

Lyniath

Character sheet
Name: Lynne Aeson
Title: Nomadic Cleric / Sorceress

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut on Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:41 am

Lyniath wrote:
Thelos wrote:But they are the type of villains whose motivations can at least be understood and deserve some sympathy. A little like the Scarlet Crusade in that respect, I suppose, which explains both of their popularity.

Also, Alliance is severely lacking in the colour red.

And the Horde is lacking blue. It is a part of the design. It needs to be that way so we can make out who to kill and who not to kill.

Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:40 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top