LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Skullhunter on Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:37 pm

( I totally changed this post since I realised that you might need to know what it is you are creating Razz )

So, to shake things up a bit on Defias, I got this idea to create a Rebellion guild.
I know attempts to do this have been done before, though I do not know of any active Rebel Guild. (If it exists, please tell me)

Reasons for the people of Stormwind to join this rebellion could be many. Maybe you are just a simple thug that hates the guards, or a mercenary looking for work. But because of Draenor, and that some of the Guard Guilds has been away, the people could feel unsafe and betrayed by the King.
He just sends his guards away to the front, leaving no one home to take care of the ordinary people. He takes the common man and turns him into a soldier, so he eventually falls in battle and leaves his family at home in sorrow. The people wants a change, and hatred against the King starts to spread.

I have some ideas for armour, headquarters, emblems and Guild name.

I am looking for people who wants to be part of the leading group in the Guild, but also common recruits/soldiers.
If you are interested in joining, please contact Skullhuntér in-game or write here.  
((OBS, Skullhuntér will not be the one who is in the Guild, he is just hired to find people that wants to join.))

EDIT: The Recruit post [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Last edited by Skullhunter on Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:27 am; edited 3 times in total

Skullhunter

Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by NicholasBullard (Taph) on Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:08 pm

Intriguing!

NicholasBullard (Taph)

Posts : 115
Join date : 2014-10-17

Character sheet
Name: Taph Gibson
Title: Captain of the Gilneas Platoon

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Ixirar/Kavalis on Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:55 pm

You might want to offer at least some slight remotely informative description of your plans if you intend to gather any interest with this post. For starters, you haven't even specified if it's alliance or horde. If you want a secret project, don't announce openly that you're doing something secretly. Headhunt the people for it one by one and get them in on it rather than openly annoucing that you have nothing to announce.

Ixirar/Kavalis

Posts : 2602
Join date : 2010-02-27
Age : 23
Location : Denmark

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Skullhunter on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:59 am

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:You might want to offer at least some slight remotely informative description of your plans if you intend to gather any interest with this post. For starters, you haven't even specified if it's alliance or horde. If you want a secret project, don't announce openly that you're doing something secretly. Headhunt the people for it one by one and get them in on it rather than openly annoucing that you have nothing to announce.

My intention in this post is to find someone that would be interested in MAKING a guild with me. If you are that, the next step is to contact me and see if the idea I have is anything you like.

Skullhunter

Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Skarain on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:47 am

I do appreciate your will to create some action on the RP scene of Defias, and to that i wish you the best of luck. Unfortunately i do not have the time from Real Life to offer to help you with the guild. Regardless, if you seek advice, hints or suggestions in regarding guild leading itself, send a PM or contact "inejaro" in Skype. While my time is limited, i do like to try to help by the means that i can. (I may be a bit rare to spot ingame, so it's better to contact through Skype or Forums, which i check more regularly than log into the game)

_____________________________________________________
(A) Skarain - Skarain Feirand: Outlawed Worgen Arcanist, Magi of the Underworld and Speaker of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
(H) Nakris -  Nakris Sin'voth: Captain of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Also known as Mahruon, Halisi, Reljen, Senrar, Inran, Flickÿ and Grimfeather

Contact: Skarain#2346(Btag), Skarain#8885(Discord), inejaro(Skype)

Help the appearance of the server: Report player/pet/guild names.

Forum Moderator: Contact in regarding questions or issues with the forum.


"Roleplaying....is beautiful. And it may take your heart and soul. Entirely..."

Skarain

Posts : 2587
Join date : 2011-08-04
Age : 23
Location : Finland

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Lyniath on Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:08 am

Skullhunter wrote:
Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:You might want to offer at least some slight remotely informative description of your plans if you intend to gather any interest with this post. For starters, you haven't even specified if it's alliance or horde. If you want a secret project, don't announce openly that you're doing something secretly. Headhunt the people for it one by one and get them in on it rather than openly annoucing that you have nothing to announce.

My intention in this post is to find someone that would be interested in MAKING a guild with me. If you are that, the next step is to contact me and see if the idea I have is anything you like.

People don't know you well enough though, and it's likely better to try and sell the Guild based on the concept. If you have like the greatest idea ever, let people know

Lyniath

Posts : 2552
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 22
Location : Dundee

Character sheet
Name: Lynne Aeson
Title: Nomadic Cleric / Sorceress

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Thelos on Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:22 am

The Scarlet Dawn of the Scourge Brotherhood!

Thelos

Posts : 3392
Join date : 2011-07-18
Age : 26
Location : The Netherlands

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Lyniath on Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:35 am

Thelos wrote:The Scarlet Dawn of the Scourge Brotherhood!

It's also a Stormwind Guard Guild.

Lyniath

Posts : 2552
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 22
Location : Dundee

Character sheet
Name: Lynne Aeson
Title: Nomadic Cleric / Sorceress

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Thelos on Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:54 am

And a cult!

Thelos

Posts : 3392
Join date : 2011-07-18
Age : 26
Location : The Netherlands

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Skarain on Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:11 am

Who also host a Tavern.

_____________________________________________________
(A) Skarain - Skarain Feirand: Outlawed Worgen Arcanist, Magi of the Underworld and Speaker of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
(H) Nakris -  Nakris Sin'voth: Captain of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Also known as Mahruon, Halisi, Reljen, Senrar, Inran, Flickÿ and Grimfeather

Contact: Skarain#2346(Btag), Skarain#8885(Discord), inejaro(Skype)

Help the appearance of the server: Report player/pet/guild names.

Forum Moderator: Contact in regarding questions or issues with the forum.


"Roleplaying....is beautiful. And it may take your heart and soul. Entirely..."

Skarain

Posts : 2587
Join date : 2011-08-04
Age : 23
Location : Finland

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Thelos on Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:19 am

And take on mercenary work!

Thelos

Posts : 3392
Join date : 2011-07-18
Age : 26
Location : The Netherlands

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Skullhunter on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:00 am

Thelos wrote:The Scarlet Dawn of the Scourge Brotherhood!

What do you mean? That they are like the idea I have?

Skullhunter

Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by siegmund on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:14 am

And they adore guns and criminals. But mostly guns.

siegmund

Posts : 2082
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 23
Location : Slovenia, Ljubljana

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Iriel Silversong on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:41 am

It's also fairy dragons

Iriel Silversong

Posts : 584
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 25
Location : Look around you!

Character sheet
Name: Iriel
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Adry on Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:06 am

With blackjack and hookers?

Adry

Posts : 593
Join date : 2013-12-15
Age : 21

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Arabella Greene on Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:05 am

That are sanctioned by the government for their own good.

Arabella Greene

Posts : 848
Join date : 2012-04-12
Age : 23
Location : England

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Skarain on Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:20 pm

Skullhunter wrote:
Thelos wrote:The Scarlet Dawn of the Scourge Brotherhood!

What do you mean? That they are like the idea I have?
People are just derailing the topic with the most crazy and cliché guild ideas coming to their mind. It's just friendly forum banter though. You can always request a moderator to clear up the thread if need be. Smile

On-topic, seeing to the changes made to main post, Interesting stuff. I am positive it is not a cult to take over the world (as we have one already Twisted Evil )

WTB more time to RP ;_;

_____________________________________________________
(A) Skarain - Skarain Feirand: Outlawed Worgen Arcanist, Magi of the Underworld and Speaker of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
(H) Nakris -  Nakris Sin'voth: Captain of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Also known as Mahruon, Halisi, Reljen, Senrar, Inran, Flickÿ and Grimfeather

Contact: Skarain#2346(Btag), Skarain#8885(Discord), inejaro(Skype)

Help the appearance of the server: Report player/pet/guild names.

Forum Moderator: Contact in regarding questions or issues with the forum.


"Roleplaying....is beautiful. And it may take your heart and soul. Entirely..."

Skarain

Posts : 2587
Join date : 2011-08-04
Age : 23
Location : Finland

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Skullhunter on Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:52 pm

Skarain wrote:
Skullhunter wrote:
Thelos wrote:The Scarlet Dawn of the Scourge Brotherhood!

What do you mean? That they are like the idea I have?
People are just derailing the topic with the most crazy and cliché guild ideas coming to their mind. It's just friendly forum banter though. You can always request a moderator to clear up the thread if need be. Smile

On-topic, seeing to the changes made to main post, Interesting stuff. I am positive it is not a cult to take over the world (as we have one already Twisted Evil )

WTB more time to RP ;_;

Glad to hear! Smile

Now I just need people interested in joining...

Skullhunter

Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Skarain on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:49 pm

Don't worry. Finding members is actually not to difficult once you get the ball rolling.  Smile

To recruit people through [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and Realm Forums, you need to construct your recruitment thread in an interesting and appealing way to draw members. Pictures, videos, bold text, italics,, guild rules, goals, recruitment criteria and so-on. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] recruitment post is a good example from among the newer guilds.

a few pointers on how best to write a guild registry page on the forums:
-Make a [A/H] note in the topic headline (title) if it is a Horde or Alliance guild
-Include a Picture, at least one, on defiasrp.com ones. Not needed on Realm Forums. It attracts the eye, tells a story by it own, and compells the reader to read on.
-Write a few "in Character" lines in [italic], maybe rumors of the guild, a poster, a speech, something that a character is able to grab IC of the group, if anything.
-Write OOC what is the guild about. The OOC guild concept.
-What you do, what you intend to do, goals, stuff.
-Ranks (not really needed, but can be included)
-Recruitment - how does one join you guys

In that order.

Don't write an essay. People are lazy and won't bother to read if it is to long. Tell facts.

Read other guild recruitment threads, look them for inspiration. Never hurts.

Macro Recruitment in turn... Ingame if you press Esc, you get the options window. In there is "Macros". You can write up to 255 marks per macro. No need to write the same message over and over but can just open the channel and hit the button to post the macro. Most Guilds do use Macros to search for recruits for their guilds from Trade channel and Stormwind/Garrison/Stormshield (or Orgrimmar/Garrison/Warspear). In macros, you will want to answer to four questions. 1.) Guild Name. 2.) Guild Description. 3.) Guild Concept. 4.) What are you searching for?

For example:
[Farsand Merchants] a Trading Company from the distant desert of Tanaris is setting shop in Eastern Kingdoms and is seeking to hire shopworkers, loaders and guards! Merchant RP Guild. Whisper for more Info!

In case of "Looking for Interest" posts on Forums, you do not need to be as detailed. However, you do need to give them something that they can grab. In this case i believe the plan is:

"Alliance Rebellion Movement around Stormwind area"?

Is there anything else that you would -want- to tell to the others, something that would possibly spark people interest?

Also why are you "looking for people who wants to be part of the leading group in the Guild"? You require Officers to help you to manage the guild, or simply do not want to be the only person leading the initiative on a Roleplaying stage?

_____________________________________________________
(A) Skarain - Skarain Feirand: Outlawed Worgen Arcanist, Magi of the Underworld and Speaker of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
(H) Nakris -  Nakris Sin'voth: Captain of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Also known as Mahruon, Halisi, Reljen, Senrar, Inran, Flickÿ and Grimfeather

Contact: Skarain#2346(Btag), Skarain#8885(Discord), inejaro(Skype)

Help the appearance of the server: Report player/pet/guild names.

Forum Moderator: Contact in regarding questions or issues with the forum.


"Roleplaying....is beautiful. And it may take your heart and soul. Entirely..."

Skarain

Posts : 2587
Join date : 2011-08-04
Age : 23
Location : Finland

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Robin Drake on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:34 pm

As you noted Rebellion guilds have been around in the past and failed horribly this is mostly due to openly declaring yourself rebels against the crown which in turn means a huge witch hunt on you and your members. The safest way to do this would be to keep the rebellious side of the guild to secret meetings and such while in the shadows posting propaganda and such around the streets of Stormwind, or wherever you are based.

On top of this your idea will heavily rely on good OOC contact with the guard organisations currently based in Stormwind that being the Gilneas Platoon and Stormwind Special Forces. This is important because you are rebels. Traitors to the crown and committing acts of what would be seen as treason, which I imagine is a crime with a very hefty punishment. Being caught in operations such as the ones you would most likely take part in would realistically end in horrible consequences.

On a lighter note I'm happy that you're putting this idea forward and hope you find people willing to make this concept work. Defias Brotherhood has an extreme lack of criminalistic aligned players and more specifically guilds. When you get this ball rolling would be awesome to meet with you IC. If you need any advice or help feel free to whisper me in game on the character Tyréllius


Robin Drake

Posts : 177
Join date : 2013-04-10
Location : Bournemouth UK

Character sheet
Name: Robin Drake
Title: Wolf of Shady Lady Street

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Arabella Greene on Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:45 am

Also, understand exactly what it is you are rebelling against. Have a strong foundation because if the concept and ideal you're leaning on is weak or shaky, it's going to fail both IC and OOC.

Arabella Greene

Posts : 848
Join date : 2012-04-12
Age : 23
Location : England

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Skullhunter on Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:15 am

Skarain wrote:Don't worry. Finding members is actually not to difficult once you get the ball rolling.  Smile

To recruit people through [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and Realm Forums, you need to construct your recruitment thread in an interesting and appealing way to draw members. Pictures, videos, bold text, italics,, guild rules, goals, recruitment criteria and so-on. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] recruitment post is a good example from among the newer guilds.

a few pointers on how best to write a guild registry page on the forums:
-Make a [A/H] note in the topic headline (title) if it is a Horde or Alliance guild
-Include a Picture, at least one, on defiasrp.com ones. Not needed on Realm Forums. It attracts the eye, tells a story by it own, and compells the reader to read on.
-Write a few "in Character" lines in [italic], maybe rumors of the guild, a poster, a speech, something that a character is able to grab IC of the group, if anything.
-Write OOC what is the guild about. The OOC guild concept.
-What you do, what you intend to do, goals, stuff.
-Ranks (not really needed, but can be included)
-Recruitment - how does one join you guys

In that order.

Don't write an essay. People are lazy and won't bother to read if it is to long. Tell facts.

Read other guild recruitment threads, look them for inspiration. Never hurts.

Macro Recruitment in turn... Ingame if you press Esc, you get the options window. In there is "Macros". You can write up to 255 marks per macro. No need to write the same message over and over but can just open the channel and hit the button to post the macro. Most Guilds do use Macros to search for recruits for their guilds from Trade channel and Stormwind/Garrison/Stormshield (or Orgrimmar/Garrison/Warspear). In macros, you will want to answer to four questions. 1.) Guild Name. 2.) Guild Description. 3.) Guild Concept. 4.) What are you searching for?

For example:
[Farsand Merchants] a Trading Company from the distant desert of Tanaris is setting shop in Eastern Kingdoms and is seeking to hire shopworkers, loaders and guards! Merchant RP Guild. Whisper for more Info!

In case of "Looking for Interest" posts on Forums, you do not need to be as detailed. However, you do need to give them something that they can grab. In this case i believe the plan is:

"Alliance Rebellion Movement around Stormwind area"?

Is there anything else that you would -want- to tell to the others, something that would possibly spark people interest?

Also why are you "looking for people who wants to be part of the leading group in the Guild"? You require Officers to help you to manage the guild, or simply do not want to be the only person leading the initiative on a Roleplaying stage?

THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking time to write all that! Very Happy

Made a new post: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Skullhunter

Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Arabella Greene on Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:22 am

The goals of your guild sound mildly similar to mine. It would be interesting to see the Ic conflict that may occur between the two groups

Edit: Just to note, my guild are not anti crown

Arabella Greene

Posts : 848
Join date : 2012-04-12
Age : 23
Location : England

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Thelos on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:09 am

I will say the same thing I always say when people make guard guilds:



Pleasepleasepleaseplease make it a Defias guild! They've got cool bandanas, a rich history and top blueshield role-playing locations! Besides, they're our server's namesake! Our server needs a Defias guild.

The Brotherhood shall prevail!

Thelos

Posts : 3392
Join date : 2011-07-18
Age : 26
Location : The Netherlands

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Lyniath on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:26 am

Thelos wrote:I will say the same thing I always say when people make guard guilds:



Pleasepleasepleaseplease make it a Defias guild! They've got cool bandanas, a rich history and top blueshield role-playing locations! Besides, they're our server's namesake! Our server needs a Defias guild.

The Brotherhood shall prevail!

The whole reason I made and boosted a Rogue to 80 was to play Defias, alas she's not gotten much use.
There's also a huge problem with how horribly Westfall is phased out. If anyone brings up a Defias Brotherhood guild though, I'll be first to sign up

Lyniath

Posts : 2552
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 22
Location : Dundee

Character sheet
Name: Lynne Aeson
Title: Nomadic Cleric / Sorceress

Back to top Go down

Re: LF members to a new Rebellion-like guild!

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:25 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum