RP Confessions

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: RP Confessions

Post by Lexgrad on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:13 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:
Arguing against feminism

Not to derail here, but arguing against feminism means arguing against the idea that all people should have equal treatment and rights regardless of gender(which is the mantra of feminism) and thus very much = bigotry, lol.

Sure, De jure that is true. But then all that ever counts is De facto which it is very hard to argue that Feminism does anything like equal treatment for all. That really cuts across gender and Class too. Hell there is still a load of Feminist arguments about if a Male to Female trans is a woman or not which is hardly equal. Regardless the idea of reading a mission statement and blindly following that is foolish in the extreme. If we did that we would have to concede that the Tory party "are all in this together", or that Communism is all about "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need"; or that Christianity is all about "loving one another as Jesus loved us".

Now, im not saying these things are untrue either but there is a lot more to everything than the strap line. Feminism is just one, if powerful, group trying to make things equal. There are other options out there.

Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by nope on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:51 pm

Vaell wrote:
Swan Emperor Arenfel wrote: People who include homophobic, misogynistic, transphobic or anti-feminist rhetoric in their roleplay. I have never asked someone "what does this add to your character or the depth of your character's story", and received a satisfying or even a remotely coherent answer.

At most I receive a "lol ur sensitive". It angers me. I'm not being sensitive, I just don't see how the inclusion of bigotry that isn't stated to exist in our fantasy universe which involves dragons & humans fucking wildly in Dalaran; or the bypass of biology to produce a three-way hybrid; is in any way beneficial to creating an air of "realism".

"Realism", to me, feels as though it's become a gateway for people to live out their abhorrent personality traits through a character.
I do disagree. I think bigotry can characterize massively and, even if in some cases it could be, it isn't the projection of someone's real views. That's taking IC to OOC and you will only upset yourself.

I think they're just referring to ic bigotry with no basis.  Like idk the people who play homophobic characters because "warcraft is medieval" despite the dinosaurs flying everywhere.  I'm not saying your character is necessarily one of those, just that I've seen, saay..."no teh gay is outlawed in this tauren tribe becus they're endangered and stuff" coming from a Death knight tauren tribe leader who didn't seem to be giving any flak to the straight tauren that weren't breeding.  Or players that are adamant that characters couldn't do their gay thing without catching any flak because "oh but low population" yet they're Rping young fertile straight characters facing zero pressure to breed despite the fact they're not running off to war.

I mean I like my half orc running into ic bigotry over the halfbreed thing because that would happen, being called blackie and asked if he's from Stranglethorn...not so much.

nope

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Drake on Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:08 pm

I confess my dislike the Stormwind Whiskey Drinking Group.

I confess Guns.

I confess People who can run in full plated armour over long distances.

I confess (Not that theres many of them) People who wait for others to interact with them rather than actually trying to instigate RP.

I confess I dislike the lack of ducks occupying ponds throughout Azeroth.

Last edited by Robin Drake on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Robin Drake

Character sheet
Name: Robin Drake
Title: Wolf of Shady Lady Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene on Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:16 pm

Guys, please remember this is a RP confession thread not a "RP I hate thread."

Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:26 pm

Last from me for a while.

I am completely unable to RP a jolly/happy/marginally more light mooded than average characters over time. I just can't do it. I've scrapped several characters who I really enjoyed creating due to this. I can do "fun" characters, sure, but making jests(50/50 failrate, more or less) is a second nature to me. Characters that are generally in a good place, though, or feeling emotionally fulfilled or what you'd call it? No chance.

I could probably write with one as protagonist in a short story, but RPing regularly... I don't know, I can't even make that convincing enough to fool myself. It's tiresome.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

... Anyone else got something like this?

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral on Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:06 pm

I often end up not taking part in a lot of rp, because I feel like I have nothing worthwhile to contribute :') So I just stay away and stay bored.

Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene on Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:15 pm

When there is too many players talking in a big event, my mind switches off and I stop paying attention and afk.

Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund on Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:20 am

Often I just start talking in guild chat in the middle of RP and after a few minutes of that feels really akward trying to RP again after being a silent statue for ages.

Irony is though that sometimes I do start talking in guild chat becouse people around are silent statues and I've already run out of ways to make them ICly create a conversation.

siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl on Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:23 am

I sometimes talk in guildchat only to notice nobody is there... then I annoy people in /lfrp

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Salradir Dawnseeker on Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:14 am

Amaryl wrote:I sometimes talk in guildchat only to notice nobody is there...

I do this all the time...

Salradir Dawnseeker

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf on Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:23 am

Arabella Greene wrote:When there is too many players talking in a big event, my mind switches off and I stop paying attention and afk.

Ha! Me too!

Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:15 am

I confess that sometimes I'll make a char that I like far too much and proceed to not shut the fuck up about him or her to every poor bastard who has the misfortune of speaking to me during that period.

WHO WANTS TO HEAR ABOUT MY MAGE?!

Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigs Morgan on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:47 am

Feral / Blackfall wrote:

Only if you'll hear about my new guild concept and plans i have for it that I will be making in the immediate future.

Brigs Morgan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene on Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:04 pm

Feral / Blackfall wrote:I confess that sometimes I'll make a char that I like far too much and proceed to not shut the fuck up about him or her to every poor bastard who has the misfortune of speaking to me during that period.

I never stop boring people about Arabella. For four years solid. I feel sorry for everyone I am close with in this game

Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf on Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:42 pm

I love watching RP if people are speaking about my characters IC, even if its negative things!

Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene on Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:36 pm

Hahaha same :')
Even if it's an off comment.
I also get giddy when people ooc say they like them. Heck I feel that way if they hate the too. Very Happy
I just get excited that they have left a lasting effect enough for people to talk about them

Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut on Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:41 pm

I am with you. I LOVE to hear people talk about Helmut, specially if its negative comments! I have those people to thank for me continuing to RP him. I THRIVE on negative talks of Helmut!

Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka on Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:43 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:Adry.

Marry me.

Shoo. She's mine. *Grabs Adry and runs off.*

Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka on Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:58 pm

Also. I confess that I have a lot to confess but it'd ruin my reputation and make me sad irl if I confessed what I have to confes.

Rashka

Character sheet
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar/Kavalis on Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:05 pm

At times, if I end up RPing with people I don't like, I tend to do and say things ICly that I know to annoy the person in question, like if I RP with somebody who often complains OOCly about poor accents, I'll crank mine up to 11.

Ixirar/Kavalis

Back to top Go down

Post by nope on Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:22 pm

I find erp-related places friendlier than Rp communities in general.

Sometimes I read out segments of passing TotalRp profiles in a silly voice. Also good for when a friend is sent angry messages and you try to make them sound as ridiculous as possible. Angry PvP-related whispers swearing VENGEANCE are the best.

nope

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl on Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:27 pm

for a long time i had a macro that did /e Does the Seiken

as a stand in for /facepalm. coming from a time where every conversation ICly seiken facepalmed at least once. TSS was a fun time Very Happy

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:56 pm

Another confession (I am confessing my life away).
I find tavern rp dull, so avoid the Pig and Whistle as much as possible, unless there is a event there.

Arabella Greene

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry on Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:03 pm

Rashka wrote:Also. I confess that I have a lot to confess but it'd ruin my reputation and make me sad irl if I confessed what I have to confes.

You mean that one time at band camp?

Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka on Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:39 pm

Adry wrote:
Rashka wrote:Also. I confess that I have a lot to confess but it'd ruin my reputation and make me sad irl if I confessed what I have to confes.

You mean that one time at band camp?

Yes, yes I do. You got me there.

Rashka

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top