Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you agree that the concept of Tanarisi culture is widely regarded on the server?

46% 46% 
[ 35 ]
54% 54% 
[ 41 ]
 
Total Votes : 76

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by erwtenpeller on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:33 am

Raene wrote:I knew she wasn't a Night Elf!
...Shit. Okay no, that part is true.

So confusing!

erwtenpeller

Posts : 6481
Join date : 2011-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Netherlands

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by Bradley on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:38 pm

Augustus wrote:

I don't even know why you comment Erwtenpeller, after roleplaying some weird 13 year old night elf lesbian fuck buddy for Monrena, you don't really have the right to an opinion on the quality of roleplay for the next 257 years.

Raaah

Also I've seen worse rp in Botb, you didn't complain then. Rather you encouraged it, claiming that anyone who didn't approve wasn't forced to be involved. Well nobody's forcing you to be involved in this either so shut up already.

Bradley

Posts : 399
Join date : 2011-12-04
Age : 20
Location : Kingston, Jamaica

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by Amaryl on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:57 pm

the more interesting part of this thread is that there are at least 67 people on this board that vote on poles.

Amaryl

Posts : 2876
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 28
Location : The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by Anivitas on Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:19 pm

Amaryl wrote:the more interesting part of this thread is that there are at least 67 people on this board that vote on poles.

The forum is dark, and full of lurkers.

Anivitas

Posts : 642
Join date : 2012-07-22
Age : 23
Location : London

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by erwtenpeller on Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:50 pm

Bradley wrote:Also I've seen worse rp in Botb, you didn't complain then. Rather you encouraged it, claiming that anyone who didn't approve wasn't forced to be involved. Well nobody's forcing you to be involved in this either so shut up already.
Fair point.

erwtenpeller

Posts : 6481
Join date : 2011-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Netherlands

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by Kayle Ravelle on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:22 pm

Providing people don't openly abuse apostrophes, I couldn't care less about what culture they claim they are IC.

Can' be faire' than tha'.


Last edited by Kayle Ravelle on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kayle Ravelle

Posts : 89
Join date : 2014-04-23
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by Arabella Greene on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:35 pm

Kayle Ravelle wrote:Providing people don't openly abuse apostrophes I couldn't care less about what culture they claim they are IC.

Can' be faire' than tha'.

Arabella Greene

Posts : 848
Join date : 2012-04-12
Age : 23
Location : England

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by Seranita on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:46 pm

Augustus wrote:It is rather odd to see some people attempting to take some sort of fictional high-ground, especially when about 70% of the posters in this thread have engaged in garbage role-play many times in the past (and probably continue to do so as well).

I don't even know why you comment Erwtenpeller, after roleplaying some weird 13 year old night elf lesbian fuck buddy for Monrena, you don't really have the right to an opinion on the quality of roleplay for the next 257 years.

nice to know im being talked about without my involvement in this thread, to start.. indeed with ewrts next post after the above quoted.. from mons view she had a full loving relationship from delidahs view it was fuck buddy.. that but is true But I will say from my knowledge of delidah then and now, you couldn't be more wrong on your facts.,.. if your going to go naming in the attempt to shame on this forum.. at least get your facts right first, as now you just look like an idiot

Seranita

Posts : 4808
Join date : 2010-09-26

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by Seranita on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:49 pm

furthermore to add.. the only humans to dwell on tanarisan as far as I am aware as given by questlines pre cata..the only ones residing in tanaris, are pirates that got shipwrecked, best you can do is rp as a group of humans that got shipwrecked a number of years ago.. but as far as culture goes? there is very little.. if any lore to support it

Seranita

Posts : 4808
Join date : 2010-09-26

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by Augustus on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:23 pm

Bradley wrote:
Augustus wrote:

I don't even know why you comment Erwtenpeller, after roleplaying some weird 13 year old night elf lesbian fuck buddy for Monrena, you don't really have the right to an opinion on the quality of roleplay for the next 257 years.

Raaah

Also I've seen worse rp in Botb, you didn't complain then. Rather you encouraged it, claiming that anyone who didn't approve wasn't forced to be involved. Well nobody's forcing you to be involved in this either so shut up already.

I've been made aware that Botb has some interesting individuals in it already Bradley. By the way, can you PM me your Skype Bradley?

Augustus

Posts : 6
Join date : 2014-10-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by Vaell on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:44 pm

BotB is actually a pretty unique guild from my experiences on this server and other RP ones. It's open enough for nearly any character concept to join, it has consistent RP (usually DMed) events and for a guild that is now about a year old - it's still going very strong. The calendar hasn't lessened in events. It also hosts a good OOC community that rarely finds itself buried knee deep in drama. Don't judge the guild based on your opinion of a few of its members, it's a solid but simple concept.

Vaell

Posts : 2903
Join date : 2012-01-22
Age : 24

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by Kayle Ravelle on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:59 am

Is there no contingency for an individual story to be that they came from Tanaris? Perhaps their father was a treasure hunter or something, established a home in the desert?

I get that it's a stretch but this whole arguement could be better spent on something genuinely ridiculous.


Vaell wrote:BotB is actually a pretty unique guild.

Also, you can't have pretty unique, Vaell.

It's unique or it isn't.

Kayle Ravelle

Posts : 89
Join date : 2014-04-23
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by Muzjhath on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:56 am

Same as there are degrees of right and wrong. There are degrees on unique. Every person has unique DNA (Aside from some very few exceptions but even there difference exists I believe (talking 'bout maternal twins)), however the uniqueness in personal DNA on the whole is extremly tiny compared to the full code.

And while (from what I know) BotB don't care much about sillyness and stuff of that nature they from what I've read try to be somewhat based on lore, if for RP in the funny side of WoW. Instead of inventing stuff that's stated outright not to be.

Personally I've always seen the Tanarisi culture stuff as dodgy since I tend to try to be true(ish) towards WoW Lore on the big things. Even if that always doesn't work. (And I hate some of the silly stuff in WoW lore and on the whole find the writing team at blizzard to be fairly bad).
So, could you RP someone that's from Tanaris? Yes ofcourse. But imo if you do. Stick with RPing a pirate or bandit or somesuch.

Muzjhath

Posts : 2958
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 29
Location : I will eat your soul!

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by erwtenpeller on Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:20 am

Muzjhath wrote:And while (from what I know) BotB don't care much about sillyness and stuff of that nature they from what I've read try to be somewhat based on lore, if for RP in the funny side of WoW. Instead of inventing stuff that's stated outright not to be.
That's a pretty accurate description of what the guild is about, actually. Well done!

erwtenpeller

Posts : 6481
Join date : 2011-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Netherlands

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by Amaryl on Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I decide what people can RP here.

Amaryl

Posts : 2876
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 28
Location : The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by erwtenpeller on Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:33 am

Anything but fuzzy trolls. Fuzzy trolls really get on my tits.

erwtenpeller

Posts : 6481
Join date : 2011-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Netherlands

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by Ixirar/Kavalis on Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:59 am

Amaryl, shut up. Read the thread title. "Tanarisi Humans Discussion". This is meant to be a discussion. Nobody is telling anybody that they can't RP whatever they want. We're discussing whether or not a native tanarisi culture is compatible with the Warcraft lore, considering Blizzard's official stance on the matter.

Ixirar/Kavalis

Posts : 2602
Join date : 2010-02-27
Age : 23
Location : Denmark

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by Jarilo Stronghoof on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:13 am

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Then the players can go there and establish that culture, in the present time. Nothing is stopping them from proclaiming themselves the citizens of the Caliphate of Tanaris or whatever it is they want. If there are no native humans in Tanaris in the game world, and Blizzard states that the Wastewanders aren't native... I think it's pretty safe to say that there aren't natives in Tanaris.

Again, nothing stops players from just going there and saying "We're Tanarisi NOW". However, the fact that they weren't there before the Wastewanders means that it must be acknowledged that it's something going on NOW, not something that has been going on for generations.

That would be the best way to handle the situation.

No sense shoehorning anything in, but if people wan't to go play Aladdin then feel free, within the correct context.

Jarilo Stronghoof

Posts : 2
Join date : 2014-10-21
Age : 33
Location : London, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by Amaryl on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:32 am

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Amaryl, shut up. Read the thread title. "Tanarisi Humans Discussion". This is meant to be a discussion. Nobody is telling anybody that they can't RP whatever they want. We're discussing whether or not a native tanarisi culture is compatible with the Warcraft lore, considering Blizzard's official stance on the matter.

No you're not. This entire thread is poorly thought out, and badly argumented from the flawed poll to flawed arguments starting with the OP. There is no sensible discussion going on here besides: No! and Yes!

The Sole fact that the supposed lore we're discussing in this thread is not mentioned, it is not linked it is not pruned for the particulars; because apparently it is assumed everyone here knows exactly what is being discussed, renders the entire "discussion"  pointless.


Amaryl

Posts : 2876
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 28
Location : The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by Ixirar/Kavalis on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:04 am

Vardrek/Burgen wrote:
Bashiok Cdev US forums wrote:Q: Are the Wastewander Bandits of Tanaris and nomadic humans of Uldum native to the region or did they come to Kalimdor during the period of the Third War? If it’s the latter, why did their societies change so much in the short amount of time between then and WoW?
A: The Wastewander Bandits descend from a small band of human pirates who arrived in Kalimdor shortly after its discovery by the peoples of the Eastern Kingdoms.* When the Southsea pirates arrived and entered into competition with them, they were essentially marooned in Tanaris after their few ships were stolen. They took to a new life as bandits and started raiding rich goblin settlements and capturing their life-giving water wells. After the failure of Uldum’s cloaking device a few bandits split off from the Wastewanders to pilfer the treasures of the titans.

*Meaning no humans there as it was not previously discovered by them.

It contradicts lore severely, not okay with it.

There. That's the official lore on it. It was quoted on page 2. This is Blizzard's official words on the matter.

Is this okay, or will you go back to pretending we're trying to be the RP Police?

Ixirar/Kavalis

Posts : 2602
Join date : 2010-02-27
Age : 23
Location : Denmark

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by erwtenpeller on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:07 am

This is so meta, you guys.

erwtenpeller

Posts : 6481
Join date : 2011-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Netherlands

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by Amaryl on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:19 am

'Ixirar's discussion of the topic at hand:

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:
People requested this be made its own topic, so here it is. I'd like to start by explaining my own views.

my own views.

Were you honestly surprised that the OP then reflects Adry's opinion? The poll is pretty simple, too. Do you agree with the statement? That Tanarisi lore is widely regarded on the server?

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:"Yes" means you think they're accepted on the server. "No" means you don't.

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:
The OFFICIAL BLIZZARD LORE never states that there were NOT humans on Kalimdor earlier,

It states that the Wastewanderers were pirates who arrived after Jaina, and the only humans you see in Tanaris are Wastewanders. If there were humans before, they aren't there anymore.

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Then the players can go there and establish that culture, in the present time. Nothing is stopping them from proclaiming themselves the citizens of the Caliphate of Tanaris or whatever it is they want. If there are no native humans in Tanaris in the game world, and Blizzard states that the Wastewanders aren't native... I think it's pretty safe to say that there aren't natives in Tanaris.

Again, nothing stops players from just going there and saying "We're Tanarisi NOW". However, the fact that they weren't there before the Wastewanders means that it must be acknowledged that it's something going on NOW, not something that has been going on for generations.

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Guys, we're having a discussion. In the OP, Adry states (a statement that I agree with) that she can't demand nor expect anything of those who want to engage in Tanarisi RP. I'm perfectly fine with the fact that some of you might want to engage in RP that contradicts the lore that Blizzard has set up (even if I personally believe that adhering to the rules of the world as defined by Blizzard should be an ideal to strife for among RPers)

We're discussing, in this thread, whether or not the notion of native Tanarisi human culture contradicts the lore that Blizzard set up. This discussion is made possible by the fact that there are people that refute our claim, and thus we can engage in a debate in which both sides can make their points and provide evidence/relevant data to support their own individual claims.

And ofc no lore discussion would be complete without a couple of RPers hopping into the RP discussion thread on the RP board to call other RPers nerds for discussing RP. As ironic as it is.

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:
Vaell wrote:I love the idea of a Tanarisi culture. Though I think the people who RP it don't really take advantage of the different culture. They mainly use it for the "black gangsta'" vibe.

I'd have loved to see an actual culture.

Yup. This, too. "Tanarisi culture" would be a lot less obnoxious if it had any substance beyond "My skin is black and I reference "the sands" like a real life gangsta would "the hood".

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:
erwtenpeller wrote:oh u mean like horde lawl

Nothing like the horde. The original player lore by Melnerag had the vibe of the pre-islamic arabic tribe culture. An archetype not represented on the Horde faction.

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Amaryl, shut up. Read the thread title. "Tanarisi Humans Discussion". This is meant to be a discussion. Nobody is telling anybody that they can't RP whatever they want. We're discussing whether or not a native tanarisi culture is compatible with the Warcraft lore, considering Blizzard's official stance on the matter.

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:
Vardrek/Burgen wrote:
Bashiok Cdev US forums wrote:Q: Are the Wastewander Bandits of Tanaris and nomadic humans of Uldum native to the region or did they come to Kalimdor during the period of the Third War? If it’s the latter, why did their societies change so much in the short amount of time between then and WoW?
A: The Wastewander Bandits descend from a small band of human pirates who arrived in Kalimdor shortly after its discovery by the peoples of the Eastern Kingdoms.* When the Southsea pirates arrived and entered into competition with them, they were essentially marooned in Tanaris after their few ships were stolen. They took to a new life as bandits and started raiding rich goblin settlements and capturing their life-giving water wells. After the failure of Uldum’s cloaking device a few bandits split off from the Wastewanders to pilfer the treasures of the titans.

*Meaning no humans there as it was not previously discovered by them.

It contradicts lore severely, not okay with it.

There. That's the official lore on it. It was quoted on page 2. This is Blizzard's official words on the matter.
Is this okay, or will you go back to pretending we're trying to be the RP Police?

Ixi, you have one post in this thread that actually discusses the two points being raised in the OP. (Is it widely regarded and does it contradict the lore)

I'll be fair and make that two posts because in your last you just quoted vardrek, but that's just me being fair. the brunt of your participation in this thread has been to tell people that this thread is for a discussion.

Amaryl

Posts : 2876
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 28
Location : The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by Vardrek/Burgen on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:43 am

Amaryl wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I decide what people can RP here.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Vardrek/Burgen

Posts : 323
Join date : 2010-04-05
Location : Silverlavia, jewel of Quel'Lavia

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by Officer High Morale on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:05 am

This is like the Diary of Coppersocket thread all over again. So godlike bounce bounce

Officer High Morale

Posts : 625
Join date : 2013-11-14
Location : Finland

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by Thelos on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:56 am

The lore for Tanarasi humans is shaky, but who really cares? It's a fun flavor to have around that would otherwise not be available. It adds something without taking anything away. I say go for it; have fun!

Thelos

Posts : 3392
Join date : 2011-07-18
Age : 26
Location : The Netherlands

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: Tanarisi Humans Discussion

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:12 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum