Rumor Mill

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rumor Mill

Post by Garrett on Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:34 pm

Rumor has it that two farmers in western Elwynn spotted a large Worgen heaving itself towards Duskwood, limping heavily on its legs. Both farmers report blood matting down the beast's fur, though they come to a disagreement over if it was actually the Worgen's blood or not, the beast seemed completely feral.

Garrett

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain on Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:08 pm

A small one man vessel set sail from Stormwind Harbor out into the seas very early in the morning, carrying a cloaked and a rather tall figure with horns sticking out from the sides of its head.

Contact: Skarain#2346(Btag), Skarain#8885(Discord), inejaro(Skype)

Help the appearance of the server: Report player/pet/guild names.

Forum Moderator: Contact in regarding questions or issues with the forum.

"Roleplaying....is beautiful. And it may take your heart and soul. Entirely..."

Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale on Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:43 am

Rumor says a gigantific, about 7ft tall man with a helmet is looking for a carpenter or anyone who can fix a boat! Payment is said to be good.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry on Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:24 pm

Spoiler because length:

Above the Argent Tournament grounds, nestled between two towering mountain-tops sits a small plateau topped with snow, overlooking Aldur'thar: The Desolation Gate, once the sight of many a bloody battle. For the first time in a long time, this small plateau plays host to a few guests, a Goblin businessman by the name of Dexter Deadfuse and his entourage. Mister Deadfuse, as his entourage refer to him, has worked tirelessly in the frozen wastes of Northrend, having determined that the source of the extreme cold in such a desolate region must be something tangible, something physical, something marketable. And today Mister Deadfuse appears to be on the right track. A number of his employees, having scouted around conducting tireless and unrewarding work brandishing thermometers and searching for abnormalities in temperature have found just that. The temperature on the small plateau is significantly lower than the tips of the peaks that surround it. Plotting the changes in temperature further, it would appear as if there were something under the snow, draining heat all around. As his crew were preparing the excavation dynamite, his mind was already racing with ideas. He could invent the world's coldest freezer, or perhaps the world's most reliable ice machines. The possibilities were near endless, and the profit margins were titanic. Before he had a chance to drool too much, likely for the better given the extremely low air temperature, the harsh boom of the dynamite shattered his train of thought.
"Ain't any of you schmuck's ever heard of a countdown? You're busting my eardrums over here!" he snapped at them. Another incompetent employee to lay off, he thought to himself. Had to be the fat one this time. Always the fat one. The sole reason he kept hiring fat people was to fire them at the first opportunity. But fatty could wait, it's payday. He sauntered nonchalantly to the hole, not wanting to appear all too excited in front of his lessers. Folding his arms, he peered down into the crater, and lo and behold there it was, his ticket to wealth and fame. Beneath several feet of rock, which the dynamite had blasted through like a hot knife to butter, there lay a large uneven mound of black ice, the surface scratched and cratered by the blast of the dynamite, but barely damaged.
"Well don't just stand there, dig it up! Let's see what we got here," he barked to his lessers. Well trained and obedient, they all hopped to it, diving into the crater to try their tools, and in one or two cases their bare hands at cracking the ice. Unable to contain himself further, he wandered away to pace back and forth excitedly, his shaky hands barely able to light his cigar. His name would go down in history, the man that found the source of winter! He'd need a catchy name or title, something to publicise himself with. Something snappy, witty, catchy, bold, imaginative, all things he himself lacked. No matter, that's what assistants are for.

After almost endless digging through the ice, which transpired to be tougher than a coffin nail, incredibly resilient to explosives, conventional tools and even a bit of cheating pyromancy, Deadfuse heard the sound he'd been aching to hear - a long, drawn out cracking of ice. Picking himself out of the chair he'd had his assistants bring, he headed eagerly for the crater. Finally some results! Barely a few feet from the pit, he was knocked straight off his feet by an explosive burst of ice, snow, and freezing, crippling cold. He reopened his eyes to see only white, flakes of snow displaced by the blast slowly drifting back to the ground and clogging his vision like a thick fog. The cold was unbearable, like a knife stabbing at you from every angle. His throat burned intensely from the air he was breathing, and he could feel all his energy being drained away from him. Hopeless, cold, afraid, was this the way the great Dexter Deadfuse was to go? Of course not, he could already see his saviour. Through the thick white air, a tall silhouette was slowly coming into focus, standing just over the excavation crater. Deadfuse tried his hardest to call out for help, but in his weakened and breathless state he barely managed to make a sound, and the silhouette remained motionless. Perhaps this really was his end after all.
After long moments of silence, with the snow beginning to resettle on the ground fully, a dry and faintly feminine voice filled the air. "Do you remember your birth?" It said, apparently fully aware that nobody was around with the capability of answering, continuing immediately, "I remember mine as if it were yesterday. So many distant memories, from lives I had never truly lived. They didn't matter anymore. Nothing did. And then I heard his voice. So dark, so smooth, so right. He called to me, he told me what I was, what I am, what I must do. And then, he told me to sleep." The figure turns it's head to the nearby valley, where the Argent Tournament grounds are once again in sight through the cleared air.
"So much I have missed. A new king to the throne, a great wound from which this world will never heal, and so much more too far beyond my grasp to feel."
The figure turned to Deadfuse. "Thank you," it uttered, extending a limb in his direction. Within seconds what energy he had been holding on to was plunged away, replaced only with bitter cold. The soon-to-be great Dexter Deadfuse was no more.

Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl on Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:39 pm

Artemis wrote:
Rumor says a gigantific, about 7ft tall man with a helmet is looking for a carpenter or anyone who can fix a boat! Payment is said to be good.

'Really? bob? A man with a helmet? why is the helmet part so important? was it an exquisite Helmet wrought from the titan's arseholes? Or is it particulairly unusual for a man to want his boat fixed when he already has a helmet? Or because this particular giant man, was -only- wearing a helmet? Geeze man, your tales become sillier by the day.'
'shut the fuck up Randy'

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale on Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:44 pm

Amaryl wrote:
Artemis wrote:

'Really? bob? A man with a helmet? why is the helmet part so important? was it an exquisite Helmet wrought from the titan's arseholes? Or is it particulairly unusual for a man to want his boat fixed when he already has a helmet? Or because this particular giant man, was -only- wearing a helmet? Geeze man, your tales become sillier by the day.'
'shut the fuck up Randy'

((Why the helmet part is so important is that he wasn't wearing any other armor, giving it a very different look.))

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Beladon on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:19 am

Rumour has it that the carpenters in Stormwind city have been reporting a naked man walking the streets wearing nothing more than a helmet. "The children, oh light, think of the children" they cry. Further more an old lady nearly had a heart attack upon spotting this mysterious man.

Beladon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:28 am

Beladon wrote:
Rumour has it that the carpenters in Stormwind city have been reporting a naked man walking the streets wearing nothing more than a helmet. "The children, oh light, think of the children" they cry. Further more an old lady nearly had a heart attack upon spotting this mysterious man.

((With armor I mean the whole chestplates and plate shoulderpads, he does have clothes on, though, and armored trousers. Sorry for the inconvenience.))

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Beladon on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:29 am

((No probs man! I just wanted to try make a cheap chuckle, doesn't have to mean it's linked to you! Very Happy))

Beladon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:30 am

Its a rumour Artemis. Nothing needs to be accurate!

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:31 am

Rumor has it that there may be an entirely psychic night elf wandering Stormwind. The story goes that he wandered into the Command Center, and very pointedly and repeatedly asked who needed cauterization or incineration. He seemed rather confused once he was asked to leave, and he was no longer present when a corpse shortly thereafter required incineration.

Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Doowor on Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:25 am

Those travelling close to the Stormwind Cemetery the past few nights may have noticed some kind of spirit travelling close to the graves, inspecting some as if looking for someone, making a strange noise at it moves.

Doowor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix on Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:59 pm

By the sound of it, there may or may not have been a commotion in Old Town in the late hours tonight, possibly involving one or more undead and copious amounts of biting. It remains unclear if anyone's come to harm, and the general lack of information might imply this rumour is nothing more than tales made up by the usual drunks around in the district. Perhaps the guards would know.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:41 pm

Multiple citizens in Stormwind would be talking about the fight that broke out at the docks last night, it'd be rather vague although the citizens seem fairly sure it involved a fair amount of guards and masked individuals, rumor has it some of the guards even went missing after things settled down.

Garrett

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim on Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:06 am

Rumours abound in Grom'Gol and Booty Bay that a large ship bearing Blood Wolf colours was seen flying through the air at high speed before crashing into the jungle...
What the fel is going on?!

[H] Guk Swordshatter - Orc - Illusionist, murderer and psychopathic bitch

Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynar / Raviran on Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:08 pm

Many citizens and most of the dock-workers would be talking about the explosion that happened a mile or two off the coast of Stormwind.
Smoke could be seen rising up for a long time after the explosion, supposedly from the burning oil, debris and alcohol.
Apparently tragic yells was heard, echoing through the water!

Spoiler:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Noooooo! My SHIP!"

Reynar / Raviran

Back to top Go down

Post by sticca on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:09 am

In Feralas north of feathermoon stronghold, bodies of night-elves were found along the roadside, missing their ears. A traveller thinks he saw shades wearing red masks.

sticca

Character sheet
Name: Sticca (original trollish name unknown)
Title: Shadowhunter of the Vile Thorn

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:37 am

Word spreads among the common folk of a creepy man leading ol' Emma somewhere though words twist themselves and get told in various ways. One citizen mentions about the crazy one advertisting a three times higher price for oranges "Insanity i tell you, can't belive that a friend said he was a minister of something, pft, not mine!" A women cried out "What's this world comming to, throwing away people's fruit I thought it was a mugging or worse! I can't even use the word what i thought he was going to do to her R-.. Ra-... Ravelle Kayle is his name a tradesman they say."

Emma had this to say after:

"O'course I'm talkin to myself. Only way to get decent conversation in this city."

What rumors are true and what false if not all is left to be speculated by the chatty city.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayle Ravelle on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:47 am

siegmund wrote:
Word spreads among the common folk of a creepy man leading ol' Emma somewhere though words twist themselves and get told in various ways. One citizen mentions about the crazy one advertisting a three times higher price for oranges "Insanity i tell you, can't belive that a friend said he was a minister of something, pft, not mine!" A women cried out "What's this world comming to, throwing away people's fruit I thought it was a mugging or worse! I can't even use the word what i thought he was going to do to her R-.. Ra-... Ravelle Kayle is his name a tradesman they say."

Emma had this to say after:

"O'course I'm talkin to myself. Only way to get decent conversation in this city."

What rumors are true and what false if not all is left to be speculated by the chatty city.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

((Rumour has it, my sides are orbiting the moon.))

Kayle Ravelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:55 am

Booty Bay Bruiser #1: "Them Blood Wolves look a bit miffed!"

Booty Bay Bruiser #2: "Their boat got nicked, by one o' their own no less!"

Booty Bay Bruiser #1: "That nutty Forsaken doctor?"

Booty Bay Bruiser #2: "Yup. Reckon he blew it up or something!"

[H] Guk Swordshatter - Orc - Illusionist, murderer and psychopathic bitch

Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Nexiax on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:19 pm

Rumors would spread around Stormwind that a wanted man and two elves, one male and one heavily scarred female, had an axe fight on the roof tops of the Old Town. It resulted in the lad elf ending up in the Command Center whilst the other two had some kind of chase across the rooftops.

Nexiax

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:58 pm

(( That. Sounds. Awesome! ))

erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:06 pm

Word is that right now is a really bad time for strangers to call Theodoric Schneider by his name.

((One evening, infinite amounts of Metagaming. My poor character is getting paranoid. And insulted.))

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Crowley on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:01 pm

A rumor of a green eyed, children eating monster flies around the taverns of Stormwind, Elwynn and Duskwood, perhaps among the citizens of Westfall.

The Rumor:
It speaks of occurances such as a missing people, gone, when last seen being watched by a hooded figure - reliable, drunk witnesses can confirm this. These people have gone, never found again within the past week. Some may say that these people had nothing in common, apart from being young and pretty looking, but that's just absurd, who would want to kidnap good-looking people and do them harm? (Although since they have gone, it is not for certain that they have been harmed or not.) All in all, the hooded figure was described as a dark robed, green eyed monster, who naturally eats children for that exact reason.

Crowley

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuan'Do on Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:10 am

There has been more bustle around the Pig and Whistle tavern than usual recently. A number of exotic merchants and couriers have been seen making deliveries and taking payment. Several pith helmets and a rack of broad machetes can be seen behind the bar, a map of Kalimdor pinned up on the kitchen door.

Yuan'Do

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:17 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top