Epidemia!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Epidemia!

Post by Feeniks on Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:25 pm

At Stormwind health inspections a flue started to circulate and after Stormwind's tuesday city counsil it's now runing rampant around the city. You can catch it anywhere! Every sneeze and pale face makes you feel paranoidic. When you shall be the next?

City healthcare is pressed to the limit and medics try to see patients next weeks monday at 8pm at Northsire Abbey. Anyone healthy is given tips how to stay healthy and those...not so lucky ones are sent to quarantine houses at Stormwind. WILL YOU MAKE IT? OR WILL YOU BE LOCKED UP?

ooc: Feel free to make your char sick and sneeze and koff from the bottom of your heart. Could be great to see some sickness related paranoia at the city. Medics and apothecars could try to find solution for the flue next week, if someone is up for some potion rp wednesday. Guards could stop people at the streets and just try to look if people are health or not and arres...ahem send people to quarantine.

When and where?
-General sickness, anyone anywhere in Stormwind during this and next week.
-Quarantine, people can be stopped by guards(Regiment, Balzing shields, DoL...) and sent to the Waffle Joe house, near Cata's earth shrine. During this and next week.
-Health inspections 2: Monday at 8pm, Northshire abbey
-Finding the cure?: Wednesday 8:30pm, Old town, Potion/alchemy/drugstore, where the well is (not fountain).

Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Re: Epidemia!

Post by Skarain on Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:30 pm

"Upon first hearing the rumors, Skarain locks the doors and windows of her house from the inside and casts a teleportation spell to take her far away from Stormwind"

Best of luck with this plot Smile

Contact: Skarain#2346(Btag), Skarain#8885(Discord), inejaro(Skype)

Help the appearance of the server: Report player/pet/guild names.

Forum Moderator: Contact in regarding questions or issues with the forum.

"Roleplaying....is beautiful. And it may take your heart and soul. Entirely..."

Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep on Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:43 pm

Corporal Harrison coughed, his head drowsy with near fever, his eyes fell to his pale white hands clutching his shield. Guard duty in the City garrison was not ideal when ill, and he could feel his composure slipping. His opposite number on the other side of the door-way along the corridor frowned in stoic silence... Guarding General Lionmane's office required a degree of proffesionalism, unfortunately that deep tone came as a response to the cough of illness all the same...

"Corporal, -man up-" came a harsh voice from within the chamber.

The Corporal promptly straightened his back, and hoped to the light his watch would end soon. otherwise he'd have to clean the floors once he'd vomited on them.

Sounds fun! get the buckets and hanky's!

Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:30 am

Oh I LOVE your ic writing <3 May the flue overtake... or flee and fail pale 

Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:41 am

Upon seeing such things, Timna decides that it's time to get the hell out of Stormwind. She saddles her horse and rides off into the sunset.

[A] Aldaya "The Sculptor" Vindico - "Have the heart that I lost, child. Treat it and others well, as long as it beats, and even when it no longer does."

Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyone on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:01 am

Charkly hears about this flue. Wasnt this the nice lady that checked her health last time? She didnt feel sick beceause of the flue. And the nice lady didnt say anything. She shakes her head and focuses on what needs to be done. She agrees with herself to look up the nice lady and maybe offer her help to fight this flue.

Dyone

Character sheet
Name: Dyone
Title: Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:10 am

I will send you an invite for next wednesday, finding a cure ^^
And nice lady didn't know about it, as she just got it, muahahahaa

Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:07 am

As word of this flue come to the ears of the Archmage, the old wizard falls into one of his trances of endless muttering and speculation regarding the matter for an hour or so. In the end, he comes to his senses of reality and pours himself a goblet of his good ´Dalaran Red´, calling for his servant:

"Loranon! Bring me that book on the various diseases and plagues of Azeroth's History! Yes, the one on the third shelf to the right next to the Mushroom records."

As his servant scurries forth to retrieve the tome, Eldiros grumbles in his beard yet again, while gracefully consuming his wine in mostly silence:

"This will be... interesting.. to say the least.."

Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyone on Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:04 am

looking forward to see the invite on my callendar. Maybe i bring some members of GREASES with me.

Dyone

Character sheet
Name: Dyone
Title: Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros on Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:14 am

if such has not been done already, I would appreciate an invite myself, just to be sure. I'll certainly try to bring in my guild in this  Very Happy 

Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf on Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:25 pm

Just out of curiosity, what stops this illness from being healed by Light\druid\shamans?

Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Lea on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:01 pm

Im sure Miss Shadowsong and Myself would love an invite so we can lead our agents into some more personal, pressing matters.. lets hope they dont catch the flu!

Lea

Character sheet
Name: Lea Parker
Title: The Girl of a Thousand Faces

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:18 pm

Artemis hears the rumors and goes to his bar, he sighs and makes himself a beer, asking himself, ''Why now? Why now!?''

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyph on Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:16 pm

Simaria wrote:Just out of curiosity, what stops this illness from being healed by Light\druid\shamans?

Flu virus mutates constantly, so spells known to be effective against it provide only limited protection against new strains Razz

Kyph

Character sheet
Name: Kyph
Title: Stormwind Assassins Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller on Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:35 am

Kyph wrote:
Simaria wrote:Just out of curiosity, what stops this illness from being healed by Light\druid\shamans?

Flu virus mutates constantly, so spells known to be effective against it provide only limited protection against new strains Razz
The real answer is choice. Want to participate in the getting sick plot? Oops, that druid or shaman (or paladin) miraculously fails to cure the illness! Doom and despair! Don't want to participate? Well then - In your case, that same Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Witch Doctor or just general Quack selling potions out of his trunk suddenly does succeed in curing that pesky cough.

A "mutating virus" argument doesn't hold up against a cure that is divine and miraculous in nature. It's not like the Light or the spirits have to study the virus with a microscope and figure out a cure, that's your modern brain thinking. It cures because people have faith it does, it cures because of magic.

erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lea on Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:17 am

I agree with Wellsworth on this point..

Lea

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:57 am

Oh no, I am not criticising. I was just curious if you had found a way around it, that's all. ^^ I'm all for it.

Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:23 am

Common colds and flues are around if you want them or not! Priests, doctors and medics and all the rest have a ton of other way more important stuff to do!

Of course some might just give you a herb like druids and send you off home but you're still gonna be sick for a few days.

You can always say you clense someone but you can get a disease again! The best way is to have it pass and your immune system get immune to it! Well if you want a good reason to add to it imo.

siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyph on Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:20 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:
Kyph wrote:

The real answer is choice. Want to participate in the getting sick plot? Oops, that druid or shaman (or paladin) miraculously fails to cure the illness! Doom and despair! Don't want to participate? Well then - In your case, that same Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Witch Doctor or just general Quack selling potions out of his trunk suddenly does succeed in curing that pesky cough.

A "mutating virus" argument doesn't hold up against a cure that is divine and miraculous in nature. It's not like the Light or the spirits have to study the virus with a microscope and figure out a cure, that's your modern brain thinking. It cures because people have faith it does, it cures because of magic.

But I didn't mean... Err... I was just.. But..but.. Sad Razz

Kyph

Character sheet
Name: Kyph
Title: Stormwind Assassins Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Salia on Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:31 pm

"Frowns gently as she hears the rumours of a new Flu, paying no real attention too it at all, she turns abruptly and makes her way towards the Town Hall. After making herself a fabulous cup of Tea she strides up the stairs, holding her tea in one hand whilst shuffling through her pouch in order to find her keys. After a moment or two she locates the keys, removing them swiftly before stuffing them into the keyhole and unlocking the door. After settling down and beginning her paperwork she feels a slight tingle on the bridge of her nose, thinking its nothing she carries on working through the papers swiftly. However almost immediately afterwards she feels another tingle on her nose yet this time a loud sneeze accompanies it, achoo!

After sniffling a few times alongside the frequent sneeze Salia packs up her things and heads towards Iriel's house due to the recent demolishing of Salia's house which is currently burnt to the ground. The next morning she wakes up with a painful headache and a runny nose, before long she permits herself a day off work just for the sake of the other Agents. So, for the rest of the day she lays there with a cup of fabulous Tea and a box of marvellous tissues, sneezing every now and then whilst sniffling constantly and coughing continuously. Poor Salia, she's caught the Flu... Who knows, maybe she deserved it?" 

Salia

Character sheet
Name: Salia Shadowsong
Title: Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks on Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:21 am

If you have a faith? I call it placebo. Keheheee...ok seriously. Witch of you THINK this is COMMON cold and nature made, hmm? Who?  Twisted Evil

Saila wrote:fabulous Tea and a box of marvellous tissues
Fabulous cheers 

Wednesday: Grand finale at Oldtown's drug(poison) store. All medics and alchemists wellcome. At the square, maybe we can see some very angry and very sick people demanding for cure, while officials try to push them home?

Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by Lea on Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:41 am

Feeniks wrote:Wednesday: Grand finale at Oldtown's drug(poison) store. All medics and alchemists wellcome. At the square, maybe we can see some very angry and very sick people demanding for cure, while officials try to push them home?

You have checked with Iriel about using her store? (Five Deadly Venoms)
Also I dont really like this idea of guards putting people into quarantine and such.. surely they would themselves catch the flu.. just a thought?

Lea

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller on Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:43 am

That's why they are heroes, and protectors of the people. They quarantine the sick at risk of their own health, so the disease isn't given a chance to spread.

erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Salia on Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:56 am

erwtenpeller wrote:That's why they are heroes, and protectors of the people. They quarantine the sick at risk of their own health, so the disease isn't given a chance to spread.
Where would we all be without those Tin-Cans? But, I do agree with you Lord Wellsworth.

Salia

Character sheet
Name: Salia Shadowsong
Title: Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake Jasperson on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:47 am

"Jake overhears rumours of this virus that's circulating, he shrugs, "Pah, nothing to worry about". He coughs once, shaking his head as he thinks "Meh, I'll be fine". He clears his throat and carries on with his day."

Sounds fun, will definetly have this sickness on a few characters.  Smile

Jake Jasperson

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:50 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top