A Big Event

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Big Event

Post by Officer High Morale on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:38 pm

Hello!

So, I had a plan on making a ''Stormwind-City wide'' event, one which all of the guilds in Stormwind, who'd ICly have to even take part, would take part in due to what would happen in it. Do you think it's possible to create a city-wide event, that one where most of the guilds in SW would take part?

Sorry for whatever incovenience you may have experienced with what I just wrote beyond, I made it in the morning and I'm a bit tired and confused.. >.<

Officer High Morale

Posts : 625
Join date : 2013-11-14
Location : Finland

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by Calisar on Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:02 am

It's a bit of a vague question ;D but if the idea has legs then it should be possible?

"if you build it they will come" n' all that Wink

_____________________________________________________
Calisar Ravencrest - Diplomat/Shadowcaster - Natures Grasp
Grit Goldenwolf - Wildhammer/Shaman
Grawlix Stormleaf - Druid/Elitist - Natures Grasp


DeviantArt

Calisar

Posts : 432
Join date : 2010-03-01
Location : UK

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by Helmut on Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:16 am

I think that the annual "Free healthcheck and medical help-day" is planned to sometime in the future.

Also, a spring fair would soon be in its place, I think.

Helmut

Posts : 842
Join date : 2012-04-19
Age : 25
Location : Stockholm, Sweden

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by siegmund on Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:23 am

Certain events are greatly attended, the ones Helmut mentioned are the type, or like in the past other things like a while back that love is in the air thing and so on.

Now let me answer your questions.

one which all of the guilds in Stormwind, who'd ICly have to even take part

Have is a strong word. Like sometime ago for those riots not everyone in SW really was up for it.

Do you think it's possible to create a city-wide event, that one where most of the guilds in SW would take part?

To this question: Yes, it's possible. Depending on what it is though surely.

siegmund

Posts : 2082
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 23
Location : Slovenia, Ljubljana

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by Izzifix on Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:24 am

You'd probably have to contact active members/officers in th various guilds directly though, to establish a network of people who can push the event to their respective guilds, and to get information out efficiently.

Izzifix

Posts : 771
Join date : 2013-11-18
Age : 76

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by Littlepip on Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:22 am

Well, last time I tried creating a city wide event it went badly, seems like not everyone is interested in the same thing so it is difficult to make an event that contains destruction and plague.

_____________________________________________________
[A](Littlepip)Littlepip {Azure Flame} An elven mage under the tutelage of Skarain.
[A](Ploppy)Bavragor Stormbrew {Mountaineer} Deceased.
[H](Ríno)Rino Peddlebuttons {Flying Bolts} A cliché Goblin.
Distracting Image:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"We don’t always get what we want. Even when we deserve it."

- Fallout: Equestria - Project Horizon. Blackjack.

Littlepip

Posts : 1373
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 20
Location : Norway, Sør-Trøndelag, Rissa komune.

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by Officer High Morale on Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:42 am

siegmund wrote:Certain events are greatly attended, the ones Helmut mentioned are the type, or like in the past other things like a while back that love is in the air thing and so on.

Now let me answer your questions.

one which all of the guilds in Stormwind, who'd ICly have to even take part

Have is a strong word. Like sometime ago for those riots not everyone in SW really was up for it.

Do you think it's possible to create a city-wide event, that one where most of the guilds in SW would take part?

To this question: Yes, it's possible. Depending on what it is though surely.

Indeed! And no, many would either avoid, flee, or stay, depends on what their char wanted to do ofcourse.

- Anyhow, the big plan was to set armies of ghouls running around SW and killing stuff, and they would be summoned by portals I have been working on ICly, hint hint. The reason why I'd like everyone to attend, or atleast know of it, is so that they can react to the DMed ghouls. So basically, if there was a bunch of civilians running away from the ghouls, someone they ran past would just be standing there like ''I dun see no ghouls!''

Officer High Morale

Posts : 625
Join date : 2013-11-14
Location : Finland

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by erwtenpeller on Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:30 am

The best way to pull that off is with an actual army of skeletons.

That way random passers-by have something real to interact with. Something they can actually see.

erwtenpeller

Posts : 6481
Join date : 2011-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Netherlands

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by Lavian on Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:52 am

Ghouls running around the city? WOTLK ended years ago. City wide events are good but rampaging ghouls all over again? I dunno. I'm sure something better can be done. We already had Blizzard's exact event right before WOTLK hit which is the exact same thing as you're proposing but how would one even be able to summon such rampaging ghouls in this time and place? They'd no doubt be cut down by the guards quick enough and no one can -really- call upon such a heavy amount of undead anymore (R.I.P LK). I'm pretty sure Stormwind stepped up since the undead and elemental city attacks.

_____________________________________________________
"Lavian" - Former Scourge officer, Knight of the Ebon Vigil.

Lavian

Posts : 3525
Join date : 2010-01-28
Age : 28
Location : Bergen, Norway

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by James Ryder on Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:08 am

Well you could raise the bodies from the Graveyard... It is kinda big.. But it wouldn't be a real threat with the Cathedral and priest nearby

James Ryder

Posts : 31
Join date : 2014-03-16
Age : 21

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by Vardrek/Burgen on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:14 am

Artemis Dragneel wrote:
siegmund wrote:Certain events are greatly attended, the ones Helmut mentioned are the type, or like in the past other things like a while back that love is in the air thing and so on.

Now let me answer your questions.

one which all of the guilds in Stormwind, who'd ICly have to even take part

Have is a strong word. Like sometime ago for those riots not everyone in SW really was up for it.

Do you think it's possible to create a city-wide event, that one where most of the guilds in SW would take part?

To this question: Yes, it's possible. Depending on what it is though surely.

Indeed! And no, many would either avoid, flee, or stay, depends on what their char wanted to do ofcourse.

- Anyhow, the big plan was to set armies of ghouls running around SW and killing stuff, and they would be summoned by portals I have been working on ICly, hint hint. The reason why I'd like everyone to attend, or atleast know of it, is so that they can react to the DMed ghouls. So basically, if there was a bunch of civilians running away from the ghouls, someone they ran past would just be standing there like ''I dun see no ghouls!''

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Vardrek/Burgen

Posts : 323
Join date : 2010-04-05
Location : Silverlavia, jewel of Quel'Lavia

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by Rae Wulfgnar on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:16 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm with Dawson on this one.

_____________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Commission prices

"Keep your face to the Light and you cannot see a shadow."


Rae Wulfgnar

Posts : 693
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 28
Location : Stormwind

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by Officer High Morale on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:24 am

erwt: Ofc I would!.. But that'd be too hard to manage, dontcha think?

Clara: I, myself would find it quite interesting, I dunno tho' about the other lot of the DB RPers, and I believe they can be brought in with help, if not by just one.


Officer High Morale

Posts : 625
Join date : 2013-11-14
Location : Finland

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by Officer High Morale on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:25 am

- Right, well so far denial is the answer, but I'll have to see how things flow.

Officer High Morale

Posts : 625
Join date : 2013-11-14
Location : Finland

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by erwtenpeller on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:25 am

Artemis Dragneel wrote:erwt: Ofc I would!.. But that'd be too hard to manage, dontcha think?
If you want to do a city-wide event and want everyone to participate, it is going to be hard to manage.

erwtenpeller

Posts : 6481
Join date : 2011-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Netherlands

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by Officer High Morale on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:27 am

erwtenpeller wrote:
Artemis Dragneel wrote:erwt: Ofc I would!.. But that'd be too hard to manage, dontcha think?
If you want to do a city-wide event and want everyone to participate, it is going to be hard to manage.

Yes, ofc, but I meant that DMing would be easier than getting actual players, even tho' actual players would be a greater, better experience!

Officer High Morale

Posts : 625
Join date : 2013-11-14
Location : Finland

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by erwtenpeller on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:31 am

Actual players will be easier for a city-wide event.

Only a very small fraction of players in the city visit these forums. A lot of them are not in any of the guilds that have guild masters that frequent here. But you'll want all of those players to be able to recognize what's going on. To see what is happening. You can't do that with a DM event, you'd have to invite every random to a raid and explain the event every-time someone new joins.

It's just not going to be very practical.

erwtenpeller

Posts : 6481
Join date : 2011-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Netherlands

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by Officer High Morale on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:34 am

erwtenpeller wrote:Actual players will be easier for a city-wide event.

Only a very small fraction of players in the city visit these forums. A lot of them are not in any of the guilds that have guild masters that frequent here. But you'll want all of those players to be able to recognize what's going on. To see what is happening. You can't do that with a DM event, you'd have to invite every random to a raid and explain the event every-time someone new joins.

It's just not going to be very practical.

Oh, didn't think of that.

But either way, thanks for the answers you all. I suppose I'll try and make something lesser with a few guilds that are actually in ''contact'' with Esh'ka, see if I can pull out something that way!

Officer High Morale

Posts : 625
Join date : 2013-11-14
Location : Finland

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by Cid on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:40 am

If insisting on the undead idea, I'll throw out a suggestion: How about asking the Horde for aid with a bunch of only Forsaken actually attacking? Just to further involve more guilds/players in RP on both sides. Wink 

Other than that, I agree with the others about WotLK been done with several years ago, and shouldn't be ressed as it is against lore. Lich King is defeated, Scourge is going downward and are isolated in small areas.

Cid

Posts : 1273
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 30
Location : Sweden

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by Eldiros on Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:43 am

the idea of such an event is very Epic and also a rather nice one to behold. however, having such a thing all over Stormwind will maybe not be such a good thing because of the management issues which is a sad thing. Hopefully a likeminded but more manageable event could be carried out thouhg, and one of no small importance. *shrug*

Eldiros

Posts : 362
Join date : 2014-01-15

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by Eldiros on Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:44 am

used to many -thing- in that comment, I know  silent silent 

Eldiros

Posts : 362
Join date : 2014-01-15

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by Demurral on Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:51 am

Perhaps, in order to make things more accessable, why not summon shadow shades instead? We can ask people with a priest to run around in Shadow Form, wearing whatever armour they like (Cause shadow form makes all armour look amaze-balls), and act as disposable undead beings.

Demurral

Posts : 675
Join date : 2010-09-26
Age : 24
Location : Cornwall, England

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by Officer High Morale on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:04 am

Domovoi wrote:Perhaps, in order to make things more accessable, why not summon shadow shades instead? We can ask people with a priest to run around in Shadow Form, wearing whatever armour they like (Cause shadow form makes all armour look amaze-balls), and act as disposable undead beings.

I love this idea, would fit my character so much better anyways!

Officer High Morale

Posts : 625
Join date : 2013-11-14
Location : Finland

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by Ixirar/Kavalis on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:30 am

From the way you present it, it sounds like you're looking to arrange for the entirety of Stormwind to revolve around your character for a few days.

Unless I'm mistaken on that, wouldn't it be better to arrange a smaller event for your guild or so? Leaves you more room to really focus on your char, rather than having to be an organiser rather than an RPer (people who organise events the scale of "Stormwind-wide" usually need to spend more time dealing with the OOC side of things than they get to spend time actually RPing)

Ixirar/Kavalis

Posts : 2602
Join date : 2010-02-27
Age : 23
Location : Denmark

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by Amaryl on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:45 am

the city-wide event planning plan.

Step one. Have an idea.
Step two. write up that idea in a clear-to read, easy to comprehend format.
step three. whisper every single stormwind rp based guild-leader and (others) discuss your idea with them, using the clearly written format.
step four. edit the idea based on the feedback of the participants.
step five. plan a date.
step six. advertise to non-guild-leaders.
step seven. profit.

Strong advice 1: making a post asking if this idea is a good idea to hold for everyone in the public to comment on, will always result in a scrapped idea.

minor advice 1: Just post the clearly written plan for everyone to see, and attach a date. and see who wants to participate, satisfying yourself with everyone that does participate, but not being bothered by the ones who do not.


Now you to can plan a big event.

Good luck.

Amaryl

Posts : 2876
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 28
Location : The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: A Big Event

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:54 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum