What is the meaning of this?!

Go down

What is the meaning of this?!

Post by Mordazan on Fri May 14, 2010 2:07 pm

First of all: Thank you for dropping by my little online blog on these boards.

The purpose of this place is to contain all the heresy inside my head.

In general, I have a few texts that I intent to get down some of the ideas I've been playing around with for a long time and the creation of this blog should motivate me to actually write it (hopefully!)

A little bit about me:

20 years old dane and a happy roleplayers through many, many aspects.

I'm a D&D player through more than 10 years by now, been Dungeon Master (game master) through much of that too, before that I RPed a lot on forums which taught me how to develop characters and write character concepts.

Other than that I am a LARPer in heart and soul (it is like RP, but in real life). I've been doing that seriously for about 6 years and my enthusiasm is no less than the day I started. While I enjoy RP on many levels, nothing can compare to the full experience you have in LARP - adding visual, audiable etc. experience to the characters aswell.

Warning: The following is an explanation and refleksion upon my own experience in WoW.
My World of Warcraft career started in the autumn 2005, but started on Defias Brotherhood a few months later.

At first it was a brilliant experience to play MMO, since I've only played stuff like Diablo II earlier, the communication possible through meeting people in the world, creating groups and raids appeals a lot to me - I'm a social player!

My first real introduction to RP in WoW has a funny little story:
I started on a RP server because I wanted to try RP, so when I first enter Stormwind as my warrior character (young and foolish as I were) I asked in the general chat in the city, if anyone wanted to act as my mentor, both ICly and OOCly.
Fate pulls it strings at times, because I was reponded by Ayuria, a slightly higher leveled Night Elf warrior.

We RPed tons back in the days. And this is my first confession of heresy. We RPed in whispers. A lot of character development in the beginning happened through the conversations I had while flying on griphons, grinding trolls in Hinderlands (I grinded through the 40ies by killing the trolls in hinderland only - I thought: this reputation shit will do me good one day (back then the dwarves there were the only fraction in the game not having any rewards what so ever).

Then Ayuria joined the Dark Sphere. I whispered her several times in a three hour session, but she was busy doing a RP event. I was sold.
I twisted my character concept slightly and joined the Dark Sphere.

But the game was still a big thing for me back then. When I hit 58 I specced for tanking and it was awesome. The Eternal Vigil came to be as a raid alliance where people could be in their RP guilds, but still try the raid content. It was awesome, if anything have ever come close to RP in this game, it was those Eternal Vigil days, where everything was new and shiny.

That was when Mordazan was created - a character created for the full purpose of being a spherite. Picking the warlock class simply because it had the coolest abilities for roleplaying, I created a background fitting a cultist perfectly and a personality created for the Sphere and got him in.

I always gave RP priority over raiding, it was never a problem for me to do both things actively. But I must admit that a lot of time was dedicated to raiding at one point.
Long story short, I joined the Crimson Gauntlet when they were around their biggest, got to see C'thun and naxx before everyone went beond 60. In TBC I rejoined with my friends from the Eternal Vigil in The New Expedition as Crimson Gauntlet died out and began raiding again - but it never became the same. In an attempt to give it a breath of fresh air, I rejoined Crimson Gauntlet, whose first Guild Leader had returned and reformed the guild, routing some of the old members, but it never revived the game for me.

RP took over 100%. I played Mordazan more and more throughout my raiding career and ended up having him as my pure main (I always refered to him as a RP main).
Embracing the guild concept I loved and adored, I came to earn more and more responsibility in the guild and rose through the ranks at a slow pace. At this point the game was nothing more than multiplayer MSN to me, PvP was dull and PvE was lost to me.

I had a break when I tried out Warhammer Online - it had all that WoW lacked and lacked all that WoW had: It had awesome gameplay, the coolest world lore possible and animations that made you cry happy tears - but it lacked people and RP.
Ultimately they deleted the RP servers to concentrate their population and then I quit.

Upon my return to WoW I returned to The Dark Sphere. And long story short I took the guild leadership as Ataris departed from WoW.
From there I have tried to shape the guild into something enjoyable for the RP community as a whole and I take great pride in enforcing my policies.

That was a tad more than I thought it should turn out to be. I think I'll update this as more seems appropriate.
Mordazan

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the meaning of this?!

Post by Valerias on Sun May 16, 2010 6:33 am

'The purpose of this place is to contain all the heresy inside my head.'

Okay, that thoroughly amused me.

Interesting stuff -- I always like hearing how people got into RPing, and especially for those who've been on Defias Brotherhood for years, I enjoy their tales of 'older days' on the server. I'll check back now and then ^^
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordazan on Sun May 16, 2010 10:16 am

someone bothered to read this crap, I'm amazed. I'll be posting more as soon as my uni project looks more like a project and less than tons of pages thrown randomly together by an angry monkey.

For my first post, I intent to do an inner monologue to give myself and whoever may find themself in this place a better insight to Mordazan's actual psyche.

Maybe I should add a little something: I tend to avoid and disregard lore when I play. Sure, it is irreversable that there is a king of Stormwind and that the Scarlet Crusade happened, but all in all I avoid RPing around lore. Remember this perception when you hear creating my own lore around demons etc.
Mordazan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:39 pm

This was quite interesting to read actually, I'm also a former TNE'er.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordazan on Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:34 am

bump to the top
Mordazan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum