Custom Themes for YOUR Characters or Guild!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom Themes for YOUR Characters or Guild!

Post by Dirge on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:46 am

Hey everyone! I've seen the threads dedicated to 'Which song is your character's (un)official theme song?". Do you want a song all their own, not just something plucked off YouTube? Well, then. Let me introduce myself.

I'm Raven. I'm the founder of Sonic Dirge Records, professional composer, musician, recording/mix/mastering engineer. I wrote, performed, recorded and processed the soundtrack for TPK Games' d20 adventure The Bleeding Hollow, among other things. I was chatting with some fellow Pathfinder players about soundtracks for d20 games in general, when someone asked me, do you do songs for individual characters? And that got me thinking - it's not only D&D/Pathfinder players who are invested in their character and might like something like that. People like art of their characters but I'll be honest - I can't draw a bloody thing.

What I can do, however, is compose a full song as a theme for your character or guild, record it, mix and master it. Hell, if you want, this can be delivered to you ICly. I have toons on both factions, so that's not a problem.

If you feel my prices are a little steep, here's something to keep in mind: not only do I compose, produce, record, mix and master the track...it's done using resources that cost a large sum of money. For example, the software I use to record alone costs around 600 euro. The e-drums the percussion is done with cost about 1200 euro, the actual drum samples around 300. And that's just scratching the surface of what I use to create this stuff. This sort of thing would cost much, much, much more if you went and hired a studio crew to do this. A day in a studio, not counting composition, performance, mix or master, can run you 250. So please do keep in mind that the prices are pretty decent.

What you get:
- A full length (between 1 and 5 minutes, depending on your specs), professionally recorded, performed, produced, mixed and mastered instrumental theme song for your character based on your specifications.
- Full control over the sound. You want a medieval sounding, cinematic, epic track? Or maybe something more modern, a fast-paced heavy guitar-driven track? Dubstep, even? Whatever you want, I can do.
- Sound effects are fine too - a huge army clashing, or war horns, or demonic spellcasting... anything is possible.
- A constant overview of the process. After every major step, I'll send you a sample to make sure everything goes how you want it.
- Professional quality with a view to your character - as an RPer myself, I understand what you mean when you say you want something to reflect a certain aspect of the character or their story.

What I need:
- Any pertinent details of your character's personality, background story, current endeavors, etc. (Or guild backstory, concept, etc.)
- Details on what you want the music itself to be like. (How fast, any particular style such as celtic or egyptian etc., and so on).
- Preferably a way to contact you out of game, email for example, so that I can give you the progress tracks and such.
- Payment, of course. Via PayPal. The exact amount will depend heavily on what you're asking for - a 1-minute long track consisting of a few violins playing a simple melody or three is much less work than a fully layered string section with piano, a choir, and cinematic percussion that lasts 5 minutes.

Get in touch with me ingame at the BattleTag Dirge#2933 or at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

First Sample: "Tides of Rum" Guild Theme. A pirate-y shanty with some heavier guitar and percussion elements. It's a short one, at 40 seconds. It includes a double-tracked violin melody, piano underscoring, rock-esque drums, a double-tracked distorted guitar rhythm and an FX-laden twang guitar lead. The various elements were intentionally performed slightly off-time at some points to add a sense of realism and avoid a clinical studio sound. To support this "live-style" feel, the mix was left somewhat dense and crowded. Picture the some-what cramped hold of a ship. The music itself is based off the old Irish jig Ten Penny Bit. Composing/production, performing/recording, mixing and mastering are all included in this song. Approximate price for this would be 15 to 20 euro, based mostly on time constraints.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Dirge on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:13 am; edited 2 times in total

Dirge

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Themes for YOUR Characters or Guild!

Post by Vaell on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:11 pm

When you upload a sample, could you also give an estimated price to it? Just to get a rough idea of your costs! Cool idea, pal!

Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha on Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:27 am

Looking forwards to hearing those samples, very interesting idea!

Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:13 am

First post has been edited and the first sample uploaded. More will follow!

Dirge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:20 am

fuck capitalism

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:28 am

Cerik Ironforge wrote:fuck capitalism

If it wasn't for capitalism, you woudn't even be able to spread your message of 'fuck capitalism' on these forums! Ha.

Brilliant idea. I am actually surprised the prices are so low, when I've started reading the post (while listening to the sample!) I was expecting something in the range of 50e per 1 minute. Best of luck!

Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:29 am

Nah, I want to make them affordable. I also do bands' first tracks very cheap or even free if I like it enough. It's something I want to make available to people rather than just trying to make money. Though a four-minute epic track of d00m will be rather more expensive, of course.

Dirge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:59 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top