Matser of Karazhan Keep (not really Karazhan)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matser of Karazhan Keep (not really Karazhan)

Post by Eldiros on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:10 am

Hello
I have been Rping in the server for quite awhile as some probably have noticed with my Mage Character Eldiros now, and as I am about to make a rather large announcement, I thought I would rather hear the opinions of you guys Before I go ahead. Please answer me and state your honest opinion since this will determine if I go ahead with this Idea or not. I got this Little Idea while raiding Karazhan for a few Days, and I would like to announce it as the manor and property of my character IC if this is reasonable and acceptable to you guys. It should be made clear though that Eldiros the wizard wouldnt rule the Place really, but simply just Think he rules it. In fact he has no controll of the terrible creatures of that domain whatsoever. Already several people are involved in this establishment already. One as a hired servant, Another as an apprentice. This matter will be taken up at a council meeting IC if you guys agree to it OCC first since I would personally hate to go on with a Project that would lead to possible annoyance and avoidance of me OCC and IC in World of Warcraft.

Please answer me honsetly concerning the matter becasue I'm really not sure of how this would be recieved by my surroudning RPers if I just go ahead with it. If you are rwading this message, thank you very much for your time in maybe clearing up if Deadwind Pass might be made a safer Place for passing Travelers.

Last edited by Eldiros on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:45 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : damn, I'll just stick with it....)

Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Re: Matser of Karazhan Keep (not really Karazhan)

Post by siegmund on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:22 am

You should ask i dunno, these guys

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If they don't slice your head off that is. (Edit: And i'm sure they are just one of your problems)

siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Ravelle on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:30 am

Well, to be honest the only IC problem I see is that it's haunted and stuff, and that you can be kept from living there because you might be in danger. The keep has been deserted for aaages so I don't see an issue actually using the area as residence.

Kelly Ravelle

Character sheet
Name: Kelly Ravelle
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:33 am

The Point is that my Life would be endangered by living there, that's why im going ahead with it

Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:38 am

As long as one knows the danger, there are some Kirin'tor ghosts in there *Cough cough* .

But it's far from abandoned, far as I know the Dark Riders are still up and about! And ghosts can make your life a hell!

Not sure what this has got to do with the council though.

siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:41 am

Bit OP considering Azeroth's ley lines all end up converging on that spot plus the information in books and the artifacts that could be contained within from a Guardian of Tirisfal's residence.

Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:31 am

I'm gonna be on the "lenient" side and simply state that, that's way too much lore bending for me to ever accept, and that the though of someone attempting to RP it's master is gut-wrenching at best.

Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:42 am

Coppersocket wrote:I'm gonna be on the "lenient" side and simply state that, that's way too much lore bending for me to ever accept, and that the though of someone attempting to RP it's master is gut-wrenching at best.

Thats your most less insultive answer yet.

Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:45 am

I know, I tried hard to come across as friendly.

Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:16 pm

Random idiot mage that's crazy and decides to live in Karazhan, seems like the perfect recipe for a sitcom. Sounds sweet.

I actually think this is a fun idea, when not approached as: I'm the lord and master of Karazhan keep (unless the character is delusional in nature, in which case its fine.)

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:24 pm

Actually, like I said, I do not intend to make him "the" actuall "Master" of the Place, since he has no real controll of it whatsoever. The character hismelf is a bit arrogant and this whole thing will probably end up pretty badly as he knows next to nothing about the sectrets of the keep. I will go ahead with this probably but still make sure that I do not bend the lore, since, well at least to me, this sounds like somethign that many foolish mages would try out (Think about the skeletons all over the Place.) However, if this is really badly recieved, i will just have it IC to represent Another keep if that would be alright for people to go along with. Like I stated earlier, I would never really make him have any controll whatsoever of what might ever be going on there.

Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:42 pm

okay, tell you guys what:
I appreciate the honesty of your comments and understand what you mean about messing up the lore and being too OP. Thus, I shall take that into consideration and use the same Area as karazhan, but IC it's Another Place, though the concept will be the same (dangerous haunted home, CREEPY :O) If this is acceptable to you people, that will be what i shall go on with. It wont be Karazhan then. I had a feeling this was how many people would feel and therefore that is why I posted this. Thank you guys for your honesty, and please remove yourselves from this post and forget it was put up. I'll abandon the idea of having that particular Keep, only it's area. Very Happy

Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:55 am

You seem to have a good sense of judgement about the situation at least so I'm not gonna opposite it if you don't intend to actually bend the lore just to fit your character.

Have fun

Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos on Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:44 am

Everybody uses Karazahn.

It's fine.

Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund on Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:34 am

Thelos wrote:In Soviet Russia everybody uses Karazahn.

It's fine, otherwhere Karazahn uses you comrade.

Fixed

siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:00 am

okay, thank you guys, since I havent really set it up yet, I'll go ahead with Karazhan, since nobody seems to mind or take it as too much of an outrage. Very Happy

Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:00 am

this was the last change.......... (Or was it?) :O

Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:17 pm

Eldiros wrote:
i will just have it IC to represent Another keep

That's what I'd do. In fact that's what I do. My guild tends to use it as a "magical tower base" for social and some events, but obviously it's another place IC. The place is, as far as I'm aware, not only exceedingly dangerous if it's Karazhan ICly, but it's also policed and patrolled by The Violet Eye.

I'd check out lore on it before you decide, but I'd definitely recommend against saying you're ICly in Karazhan for any length of time, unless you actually plan to die in a day or two and have your soul trapped there for eternity.

Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:53 am

Here's what will be done, my home (not Karazhan) will be located opposing karazhan on the other side of the pass, though it is barely visible because of mist and the mounatin peaks. It is called Acrenor and wasnt really notable far and wide for the already expalined reason depsite it's size. So, it is still a Little haunted, but not overwhelming like Karazhan would be Very Happy

Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:47 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum