Re: RIOT IN THE CAPITAL. [A]

Post by Melnerag on Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:37 am

The riots are cancelled! *brings in the steam-tanks to disperse the protesters*

Looking forward to some chaos.

Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynar / Raviran on Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:55 am

Do we have a planned date for the event already?

Reynar / Raviran

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller on Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:00 am

Weekdays!!!11

erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar/Kavalis on Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:33 am

Reynar / Raviran wrote:Do we have a planned date for the event already?

It'll be announced soon enough Smile

Ixirar/Kavalis

Back to top Go down

Post by Marezzo on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:01 pm

Going to be a blast! Seems like I should return soon then ;-) Great idea.. Count me in..

Marezzo

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar on Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Commission prices

"Keep your face to the Light and you cannot see a shadow."

Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rend. on Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:35 pm

Hello to all!

Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone for the overwhelming positive feedback! You've made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

With regards to a proposed starting date, how does Monday the 13th of January sound? I would do it earlier, but unfortunately I have a fuckton of Uni assignments due in the first week of January. Sad

If anyone would like to volunteer themselves to do my assignments for me, that'd be absolutely grand. study

Rend.

Character sheet
Name: Rend
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry on Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:45 pm

Rend. wrote:Hello to all!

Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone for the overwhelming positive feedback! You've made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

With regards to a proposed starting date, how does Monday the 13th of January sound? I would do it earlier, but unfortunately I have a fuckton of Uni assignments due in the first week of January. Sad

If anyone would like to volunteer themselves to do my assignments for me, that'd be absolutely grand. study

I'll do them. Can't promise they'll be good, or even legible, or even remotely related to whatever subject you're doing, but I'll do them!

Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Rend. on Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:58 pm

That offer shouldn't tempt me. But it does.

Rend.

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller on Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:39 pm

13 of Jan sounds good! Weekdays! \o/

erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rend. on Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:21 am

Alright. The official date for the event's start -is- January 13th 2014. If that date poses a problem for whichever reason, declare it now or forever hold your peace. Regardless, I have a fair amount of planning to do!

"We take Stormwind from the corrupt! The rich! The oppressors of generations who have kept you down with myths of opportunity, and we give it back to you... the people. Stormwind is yours. None shall interfere. Do as you please. Start by storming the Command Center, and freeing the oppressed! Step forward those who would serve. For an army will be raised. The powerful will be ripped from their decadent nests, and cast out into the cold world that we know and endure. Courts will be convened. Spoils will be enjoyed. Blood will be shed. The guards will survive, as they learn to serve true justice. This great city... it will endure. Stormwind will survive!"

Rend.

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodoric on Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:20 pm

Group forums-->event blackboard--> >drought event/famine/whatever we used to call it. Some of the posts there could help for further ideas on how to destabilize a society.

Theodoric

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller on Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:13 am

I dedicated four days of the brave calendar to this event. I don't know how long it'll be, but better plan too many days then too few, ey?

erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rend. on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:41 pm

Propaganda is already circulating the City...
Posters and flyers litter every street, and the mood of the populace is declining with each passing day. Patrolling guards are stared at with angry eyes, if not slated with verbal abuse as they pass. Unsettled commoners bitterly discuss the scum that is filthy rich royalty and nobles through gritted teeth... The tension is rising...

Hello there Defias Brotherhood! I hope you're all busy polishing your riot shields, I know I am! In this post, I'm going to divulge a little bit more detail into the structure of the 3-day event. I will be making a riot specific channel, to serve as a live feed of relevant events across Stormwind. Did you just blow up the Orhpanage? Let everyone know in RiotChat! On top of this, I will make a constant effort to keep this thread up to date with the blows dealt to Stormwind as a reference. If everyone can try and do the same, that'd be great!

Each day brings a new phase into effect, which should determine how you conduct yourself ICly - Since, for this to work - we all need to be on the same page with regards to the current state of Stormwind! So, without further ado;

Phase 1: "The day Stormwind was brought to it's knees."

This phase shall be Stormwind's darkest hour. The law enforcers knew the commoners were unhappy, but this!? Nobody expected a shitstorm of this scale, and subsequently nobody was prepared for it, either. During this phase anyone and everyone who is opposed to the chaotic uprisers should RP battoning down the hatches! Today is not the day to a sentinel of Justice. The Disciples and Regiment will be cut off from one another's aid by the mass of rioters between them.

Judge Dredd and RoboCop are in the in the bomb shelter, rocking back and forth in the corner & sucking each other's thumbs while crying their eyes out.

For law enforcement, this phases' primary objective is survival and damage control. Right now, Stormwind belongs to the usurpers - and it's up to YOU to defend the Keep, Cathedral and Command Center from them. That's all you can hope to do today, and if you stray off into the Dwarven District, you won't last 2 seconds.

The Stockades have been stormed, and the criminals within released - lusting revenge against the City that robbed years of their freedom which they can never reclaim.

For all you Criminals and Chaos Enthusiasts out there, get ready for the night of your life! Stormwind is yours! Do as you please! That Bank in the District is as good as gone, and every single shop owner in town is on the menu. So dig in!
That's right! The law can't touch you now! So break, steal and burn everything (and everyone!) in sight! Party hard!

Phase 2: "The day Evil & Justice locked horns."

Today marks the beginning of the end! Stormwind has turned from occupied enemy territory into contested territory. The Crown's forces have mobilized and can cautiously begin pressing back against the poorly organised & equipped rioters. The Disciples and Regiment will be able to carve a path to one another's aid if they attempt to do so.The battle for the heart of Stormwind rages on, and is by no means over.

Crimes are still relatively easy to accomplish without hindrance, though now the presence of the law can be felt - and criminals need to be smarter than last night if they don't want to end up skewered by a soldier's spear.

Neither side shows signs of backing down, and Stormwind is still in a grim place in terms of law and order.

Phase 3: "The day Justice prevailed."

The brave men and women of the Crown and Light have forced the usurpers into submission. The death toll is high from both sides, and the Stockades are simply bursting with new and returning inmates. The City is a charred and scarred mess. Old Town and the Dwarven District are left with the worst wounds.

The man responsible for the slanderous Propaganda has been captured, and will stand trial before the high courts.

Stormwind is tired and wounded, but she has seen worse. Damage can be repaired, order can be restored, and life can go on. Glory to the Alliance!

Last edited by Rend. on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rend.

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:54 pm

Epic.

Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund on Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:13 pm

Patrolling guards are stared at with angry eyes, if not slated with verbal abuse as they pass. Unsettled commoners bitterly discuss the scum that is filthy rich royalty and nobles through gritted teeth

Happens on a daily basis anyway though, no?

siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller on Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:49 pm

Looking forward to it.

erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by CrusaderElly on Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:56 am

Oooh this looks sweet! Avy's gonna have a good time (or not! =D). Thanks for organising!

CrusaderElly

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:17 am

To bad its Monday ._. Or else I would be the first one to send in an alt.

Distracting Image:

"We don’t always get what we want. Even when we deserve it."

- Fallout: Equestria - Project Horizon. Blackjack.

Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:41 am

indeed I usualy work mondays myself Sad

Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:33 am

Thorvald wrote:To bad its Monday ._. Or else I would be the first one to send in an alt.

No! Wrong! Stop it!

Don't send alts to "high risk" events. Send your main  Twisted Evil

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka on Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:18 am

Hmmh.. How do you join the bad side? >:3

Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rend. on Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:05 am

Hello Defias Brotherhood, I hope we're all enjoying our final weekend before shit hits the fan in Stormwind!

For those that want to be involved, but your mains have no reason to be involved and/or you just OOCly would prefer to spare them from the high risk events - it'd be super great if you would roll alts for various happenings across the City!

While we all love a good DM event, it'd be nice to have actual RPers to interact with too!

We're currently in need of:
- Angered, violent protesters to attack the Command Center and possibly the Keep and Cathedral (these can be a combination of commoners & escaped convicts)
- Hooligans to vandalize the City and brawl (likely to the death) in the streets (again, either commoners or escaped convicts)
- Vulnerable shop owners
- Vulnerable bank clerks
- And more!

I'd like to make a point of the fact that these alts are expected to, and likely will, die. However, I think they will be alot of fun to play during their brief existence. And the beauty of it is that if one alt dies, then another can be born from it's ashes! You can try your hand at all of the roles mentioned above, and more!

I believe some were already planning on doing this, but more the merrier!

If anyone is interested, please let me know  Very Happy

EDIT: How could I forget, please /join RiotChat as soon as you can!

Rend.

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller on Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:29 am

Rend. wrote:- Vulnerable shop owners
The Band of the Brave will be in the Pig & Whistle, trying their very best to prevent it from getting completely trashed and burned to the ground. We can't predict exactly what our role will end up being in the madness, and what side we're on; But that's where we'll be!

erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:47 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top