Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by Charlie Blazesong on Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:23 am

however though, to prevent "cheating" I think agreed numbers and such should be posted somewhere so people can see, else it might end up with one side blaming the other when the organizer is the true villian(or just misscommunication). It would be better this way I think. Personally I'd just say everyone bring everything but I dont know, some may not like that. Then it just becomes a numbers game. Just my thoughts on the whole thing. Would also make people stop whining.

Charlie Blazesong

Posts : 750
Join date : 2012-04-01
Age : 20
Location : Wherever.

Character sheet
Name: Thurman Agamand
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by Rargnasha on Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:51 pm

About the numbers thing. Mistakes were made and apologised for, I think it is pretty much a done thing by now, and we can move forwards to bashing in each others skulls even more!

With that said, thanks to the alliance and horde who were cracking skulls tonight!

A special shout-out of grattitude goes to our OOC managers, Haluthious and Inran. Having someone lead IC and having someone lead OOC is from now on going to be my favorite form of doing RP-PvP events.

Rargnasha

Posts : 339
Join date : 2010-02-01
Age : 26
Location : Denmark

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:41 am

I should like to thank everyone involved in organising this (IC and OOC) - irrespective of the outcome and any wrinkles it was great fun and great to see many players out in the world craking skulls. Thank you. Those Doms who attended enjoyed it too.

Argawaen (Lirazel of Dominion:))

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by Coppersocket on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:51 am

Both sides got their day of victory, and the drama was in the minimal for a WPVP event. Had fun.

Coppersocket

Posts : 2240
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 29
Location : Silverlavia Borders

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by siegmund on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:58 am

There is an idea for some more future PvP be more smaller skirmishes like 5v5 all over the place. Thoughts?

siegmund

Posts : 2082
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 23
Location : Slovenia, Ljubljana

Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by Charlie Blazesong on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:45 am

5v5s sound fun. Like patrols then or?

Charlie Blazesong

Posts : 750
Join date : 2012-04-01
Age : 20
Location : Wherever.

Character sheet
Name: Thurman Agamand
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by Janela Thunderwing on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:10 am

Well, I had an idea that we might want to do more then just big clashes in which we AoE eachother to the ground.
What if the battle at Stromgarde has been split up in a lot of smaller fights all around the ruins? Maybe 10v10 would clash at the main gates, 5v5 at the two holes in the walls and maybe another 5v5 at the keep, where one side would land with parachutes from the sky.

I'd like to know the IC status of last nights battle first, then I'll write up a new scenario, maybe taking place in Hillsbrad or Alterac.

Janela Thunderwing

Posts : 105
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 26
Location : Stockholm, Sweden

Character sheet
Name: Janela Thunderwing
Title: Thunderwing Elder

Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by Krogon Devilstep on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:48 am

the problem with having lots of smaller fights going on at the same time is co-ordination and organisation, it causes chaos as theres so much to manage.

However, if done in say... waves? 5vs5 or 10vs10 while everyone else watches in the background, taking turns to fight and sit out, works lovely and I've tried it before. Also gives a nice feel of a pitched battle involving reserves and such.

Krogon Devilstep

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2010-02-24

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by Paia/Jenit on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:05 am

Krogon Devilstep wrote:the problem with having lots of smaller fights going on at the same time is co-ordination and organisation, it causes chaos as theres so much to manage.

However, if done in say... waves? 5vs5 or 10vs10 while everyone else watches in the background, taking turns to fight and sit out, works lovely and I've tried it before. Also gives a nice feel of a pitched battle involving reserves and such.

It's boring for the people who sit out. Besides, the chaos is part of the fun. With smaller engagements at least it doesn't murder people's computers so much for those of us with older hardware.

Paia/Jenit

Posts : 205
Join date : 2012-11-20

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:27 am

well 40vs40 can be very troublesome for certain people without a fast PC, not to mention you can completely lose sight of your comrades and lose track of the tactics.

But smaller groups of 5, stalking each-others, could be great fun. For instance, trolls were spotted outside the alliance camp, we bring another group of 5 to find him and eventually RPVP happens. same goes for the rest, few groups goes out to explore for enemy presence and eventually they find it.

If more groups happens to find each-others, then it's even funnier, the constant risk to be found by another patrol, changing the outcome of the battle.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by Rargnasha on Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:10 am

The idea of small groups duking it out against each other was the kick-start for the 'Skirmishing system' that have, sadly, seen very little use.
So if this is something that really picks your interest, take time to read the main post on the skirmish system!

Rargnasha

Posts : 339
Join date : 2010-02-01
Age : 26
Location : Denmark

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by Janela Thunderwing on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:11 am

I'll gather up a handful of dwarves and do some raids around in the area. Perhaps not tonight but at least in the week.

Janela Thunderwing

Posts : 105
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 26
Location : Stockholm, Sweden

Character sheet
Name: Janela Thunderwing
Title: Thunderwing Elder

Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by Valestrion on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:17 pm

I've long thought that campaigns should be a mix of small skirmishes and large battles, and that the small skirmishes don't require any organisation so they can happen wherever and whenever patrols run into each other. It's easier to keep the sides balanced in numbers in the skirmishes, and it gives the overall smaller side a chance for victories. I'd suggest rotating the types of encounters something along the lines of:

Day 1 - Large battle - No attempt to balance the numbers. If you can get more people to the event, you have an advantage, and if you are the less skilled/geared side, you have the chance to make up for it by outnumbering the opposition.

Day 2 - Small skirmishes - As sides recover from the previous day's large battle, small 5-man reconnaissance patrols are sent out and may clash with each other. This time, the sides are even in number so the more skilled/better geared side is likely to win.

Day 3 - Large skirmishes - As the sides start preparing for the next major objective, the patrols are stepped up to 10-man combat patrols. Again the numbers are even, and the day is likely to be carried by skill and gear.

Day 4 - Repeat as for day 1, with the next major battle.

This sequence means that there should be something happening every day, with major planning needed only once every three days.

Valestrion

Posts : 228
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 52
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by Celeste/Ainathiela on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:19 pm

The skirmish system was in place that things didn't need to be consistantly micromanaged, that if people wanted to do some W-PvP they could without having to be spoon fed on a schedule, its there to inspire initiative. If people want to do it then organise it and simply leave the big battles on a schedule. That was the idea.

Celeste/Ainathiela

Posts : 125
Join date : 2011-03-21

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by Krogon Devilstep on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:24 pm

What Celeste said.

Get off them lazy butts.

Krogon Devilstep

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2010-02-24

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by Skarain on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:59 pm

Valestrion wrote:I've long thought that campaigns should be a mix of small skirmishes and large battles, and that the small skirmishes don't require any organisation so they can happen wherever and whenever patrols run into each other. It's easier to keep the sides balanced in numbers in the skirmishes, and it gives the overall smaller side a chance for victories. I'd suggest rotating the types of encounters something along the lines of:

Day 1 - Large battle - No attempt to balance the numbers. If you can get more people to the event, you have an advantage, and if you are the less skilled/geared side, you have the chance to make up for it by outnumbering the opposition.

Day 2 - Small skirmishes - As sides recover from the previous day's large battle, small 5-man reconnaissance patrols are sent out and may clash with each other. This time, the sides are even in number so the more skilled/better geared side is likely to win.

Day 3 - Large skirmishes - As the sides start preparing for the next major objective, the patrols are stepped up to 10-man combat patrols. Again the numbers are even, and the day is likely to be carried by skill and gear.

Day 4 - Repeat as for day 1, with the next major battle.

This sequence means that there should be something happening every day, with major planning needed only once every three days.
The concept of this schedule is no doubt interesting and worth experiment in future Campaings. On 'Damnation's Call', only the big battles were scheduled, and Skirmishes were intend to be of more random-based encounters that people would organize themselves.

So far, that have not worked out to well, probably lack in proper advertisement of the battle-thing, and general difficulties to handle cross-faction communication. On future Campaings, might be worth schedule them as battles, or just have Alliance and Horde in the same zone and encourage more on patrolling (and thus random encounters).

_____________________________________________________
(A) Skarain - Skarain Feirand: Outlawed Worgen Arcanist, Magi of the Underworld and Speaker of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
(H) Nakris -  Nakris Sin'voth: Captain of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Also known as Mahruon, Halisi, Reljen, Senrar, Inran, Flick├┐ and Grimfeather

Contact: Skarain#2346(Btag), Skarain#8885(Discord), inejaro(Skype)

Help the appearance of the server: Report player/pet/guild names.

Forum Moderator: Contact in regarding questions or issues with the forum.


"Roleplaying....is beautiful. And it may take your heart and soul. Entirely..."

Skarain

Posts : 2584
Join date : 2011-08-04
Age : 23
Location : Finland

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by Valestrion on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:23 pm

Inran/Skarain wrote:
Valestrion wrote:I've long thought that campaigns should be a mix of small skirmishes and large battles, and that the small skirmishes don't require any organisation so they can happen wherever and whenever patrols run into each other. It's easier to keep the sides balanced in numbers in the skirmishes, and it gives the overall smaller side a chance for victories. I'd suggest rotating the types of encounters something along the lines of:

Day 1 - Large battle - No attempt to balance the numbers. If you can get more people to the event, you have an advantage, and if you are the less skilled/geared side, you have the chance to make up for it by outnumbering the opposition.

Day 2 - Small skirmishes - As sides recover from the previous day's large battle, small 5-man reconnaissance patrols are sent out and may clash with each other. This time, the sides are even in number so the more skilled/better geared side is likely to win.

Day 3 - Large skirmishes - As the sides start preparing for the next major objective, the patrols are stepped up to 10-man combat patrols. Again the numbers are even, and the day is likely to be carried by skill and gear.

Day 4 - Repeat as for day 1, with the next major battle.

This sequence means that there should be something happening every day, with major planning needed only once every three days.
The concept of this schedule is no doubt interesting and worth experiment in future Campaings. On 'Damnation's Call', only the big battles were scheduled, and Skirmishes were intend to be of more random-based encounters that people would organize themselves.

So far, that have not worked out to well, probably lack in proper advertisement of the battle-thing, and general difficulties to handle cross-faction communication. On future Campaings, might be worth schedule them as battles, or just have Alliance and Horde in the same zone and encourage more on patrolling (and thus random encounters).

Actually, I have some more ideas on that. I believe that a campaign should comprise a list of objectives, with rewards for achieving them, leaving the commanders on each side free to chose which objectives to go for. Some could be more valuable than others, encouraging the major battles to take place for control of the major objectives. I'd be interested to work on my ideas with someone from the Horde, if anyone is interested.

Valestrion

Posts : 228
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 52
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by Celeste/Ainathiela on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:30 pm

But thats exactly what has happend with the major battles in the Campaign, they've been deciders on who gets what and where with the ammount of wins in relevance to the battles...

Celeste/Ainathiela

Posts : 125
Join date : 2011-03-21

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by Krogon Devilstep on Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:20 pm

Thanks for tonights skirmishes inran, they was fun! my best regards to those alliance present!

Krogon Devilstep

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2010-02-24

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by Charlie Blazesong on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:25 pm

Was lovely battles for the two I participated in. I should maybe of used my trinket at the last one where I was cced to death Very Happy

Charlie Blazesong

Posts : 750
Join date : 2012-04-01
Age : 20
Location : Wherever.

Character sheet
Name: Thurman Agamand
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by erwtenpeller on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:53 pm

*bubbles*

erwtenpeller

Posts : 6481
Join date : 2011-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Netherlands

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by Baji on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:03 am

Hey everybody!

I've had a bit of an idea about a possible small skirmish when you guys move to the next big battle... where are all the civilians? I noticed when I was trying to promote peace with Istuul at Hammerfall there was only one other person who wasn't participating in the battle - another Tauren who was a nanny for one of the Orcs - but where are the rest? (Though IC he was glad at the absence of Tauren from Hammerfall! Wink)

Istuul is there to try and change minds and to heal the wounded. If that other Tauren is taking care of the children... who is cooking? Who is carrying the supplies?

Perhaps when we move to Alterac, we could have a small convoy of "civilians" on the road, being escourted, and are defended by the Orcs, Blood Elves, whoever, and the Alliance can attack?

Preferably kill the civilians last... or not at all. Take prisoners and then you guys have to try and get us back from the Alliance camp? Wink

Baji

Posts : 158
Join date : 2013-08-15
Location : Copenhagen, DK

Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by Paia/Jenit on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:07 am

Fordan wrote:
Preferably kill the civilians last... or not at all. Take prisoners and then you guys have to try and get us back from the Alliance camp? Wink

We actually came across a civilian orc in Arathi after the Stromgarde battle - Jenit was all for murdering her and taking her stuff and ineptly tried to steer the interrogation that way but Inran was too honourable for that and so we let the orc go.

Paia/Jenit

Posts : 205
Join date : 2012-11-20

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by Krogon Devilstep on Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:17 pm

that AV wargame was brilliant Neutral

more of that IC for future campaigns please!

Krogon Devilstep

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2010-02-24

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by erwtenpeller on Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:20 pm

Yeah, I had a lot of fun with that!

erwtenpeller

Posts : 6481
Join date : 2011-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Netherlands

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: Damnation's Call - Rp-Pvp Campaign

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:30 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum