[IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth on Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:03 am

[Poster can be found in the Ebon Hold, letters have been sent out to all Ebon Knights who are in or near storwmind, so if your toon is an ebon knight you decide if it received a letter]


Knights of the Ebon Blade, rumors of the murder of one of our own, in the city of Stormwind have quickly spread. We have always known that there are those amongst the population that wish nothing more than to see us in a grave. Do not let this event cloud your judgment. Do not seek to get revenge, not in the way our brother has been murdered.

It is now clear we are dealing someone or a group who hate our kind. We all know well that no one dares take on a death knight, not without having some sort of group to support them. There is the possibility this could be an act of remnants of the Holy Chapter of Anethion, or a new group that has yet to be identified.

If possible say nothing of this to the Disciples of Light . Despite their leadership being honorable to the kings laws, we cannot be sure if some amongst their ranks have anything to do with the murder. Upon multiple occasions some have shown anger and hatred towards our kind. If any are responsible, in time they will make a mistake, where they will be held accountable for any possible attacks against Ebon Knights. Would be best we not show them, that we are aware of current events.

We will not give any satisfaction to who ever these weakling cowards may be. They use a dishonorable tactic of killing us one by one in dark alley ways. The plan is ever so clear. To Kill death knights in a place where dark magic is forbidden. Would a Knight manage to kill his attackers, dark magic may be nessesary to survive. This will lead to the knight being executed by the authorities of Stormwind. In their game they win either way. We are Ebon Knights who carry the banner with Honor and Pride. We will not play this game in such a fashion. We do it out way or no way at all.

Always be alert, and if possible travel in numbers. Do not fall into the taunts of those who may wish to draw you into a bloody fight. Control you anger and lust to kill. A plan is being drawn, to drag these spineless cowards out of the city, where they will face the horror of our forces on the battlefield. Only then shall we have our revenge, when we cut them down in honorable combat. Only then will justice be served, when we raise them as ghouls to serve the Ebon Cause.

Letter number 2 sent to any Ebon Knight who may wish for their toon to recive it.


Duvaineth has done some thinking.

There are others who we must suspect also.

That group that lingers around the shady lady, have trown rotten apples at us expressing their hatred.
Then we have the Blades for Hire, they are a group who do not fear our kind. They may be behind this for a fee of coin.
What about those dwarves in the dwarven district? Could they of grouped in secrecy and plotted to kill us all? We all know how much they despise of our existence.
Or the mages and magic users in the other part of the town? Do they have a secret group that is out to slay us all?
Are we to belive the regiment or could they have members in their ranks that would aid any who are against us?
Remeber they are living and weak with emotions that would give them the ability to disobey their kings orders to accept and treat us as allies.

Brothers and Sisters we cannot be sure. One thing we can do is unite and stand strong until those guilty are drawn forth. We are alone in this until proven otherwise. We must all meet up in our physical rotting forms and discuss this. Duvaineth personally belives we must not trust the living and find the clues on our own. And on our own we will draw the guilty out past their kingdoms lands, where we shall soak the battlefield with the cowards blood.


Last edited by Dorothee/Duvaineth on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Dorothee/Duvaineth

Posts : 229
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 33
Location : Ebon Hold

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by Littlepip on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:55 pm

Emily quickly reads trough the letter and smirks, she then folds it into a little ball and throws it to a mysterious shade in the corner. "Here you go Richard, food."
The strange shade in the corner grabs the paper ball and quickly eats it while Emily crosses her legs, her left leg over the right and looks over the cemetery. "What a wonderful night this is."


Last edited by Thorvald on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________
[A](Littlepip)Littlepip {Azure Flame} An elven mage under the tutelage of Skarain.
[A](Ploppy)Bavragor Stormbrew {Mountaineer} Deceased.
[H](Ríno)Rino Peddlebuttons {Flying Bolts} A cliché Goblin.
Distracting Image:

"We don’t always get what we want. Even when we deserve it."

- Fallout: Equestria - Project Horizon. Blackjack.

Littlepip

Posts : 1373
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 20
Location : Norway, Sør-Trøndelag, Rissa komune.

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by Lavian on Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:37 pm

Lavian gets a hold of a copy, reading over the letter as she sighs in clear irritation. She is clearly annoyed, more than knights of death usually are and mutters to herself.

"Duvaineth, you IDIOT... This isn't how we were supposed to approach this. Now you're only going to make matters worse. I swear. The curse of trying to be a mediator to solve our issue's and it just adds up..."

Lavian sighs

_____________________________________________________
"Lavian" - Former Scourge officer, Knight of the Ebon Vigil.

Lavian

Posts : 3525
Join date : 2010-01-28
Age : 28
Location : Bergen, Norway

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by Charlie Blazesong on Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:33 pm

*Stig reads the letter looking somewhat puzzled before thinking, maybe it's time to create a network of spies around Stormwind.*

Charlie Blazesong

Posts : 750
Join date : 2012-04-01
Age : 20
Location : Wherever.

Character sheet
Name: Thurman Agamand
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by erwtenpeller on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:26 am

Blightwood shuffles along the Acherus until his eyes, in a bout of luck, pry themselves loose from the floor for long enough to notice the poster. When he finishes reading, he slowly, with a creaking sound, tilts forward until his head bonks against the wall. A nasty fungus starts to spread through the paper, slowly eating it up.

Blightwood remains standing like that for days, stiff as a board, with his head against the wall.

erwtenpeller

Posts : 6481
Join date : 2011-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Netherlands

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by Tuomas/Decurius on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:35 am

As Decurius reaches the poster, he lets a felt sigh, muttering:"Well, it was expected. I'm quite sure the Disciples are behind this, and perhaps some Anethidiots... Honorless will be honorless."

Tuomas/Decurius

Posts : 299
Join date : 2011-12-07
Age : 27
Location : Wherever the mind goes

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:47 am

Lynwen heaves the newly runeforged sword over her shoulders, the sharp, bluish metal resting against her spiky shoulder pad as she marches up to the posted. Pupil-less eyes scans over the writing. Once. Twice. Then she break out into laughter, her long ears bobbing as the hollow laughter echo, a nearby ghoul looking stupidly at her. She waves it off dismissively and mutters to herself.

"The Disciples murder any of our kind the moment they are able, just like they did my sister. There is no hidden order or killer. They are all there in plain sight for all to see them." she scowls suddenly, growling to herself as she marches off . "F*cking self holy, whiteclad assholes."

Thondalar Stormleaf

Posts : 777
Join date : 2012-05-14
Age : 29
Location : Manningtree, England

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by Rae Wulfgnar on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:31 am

(Very surprising the Disciples are accused! Didn't expect that one! affraid )

_____________________________________________________



Commission prices

"Keep your face to the Light and you cannot see a shadow."


Rae Wulfgnar

Posts : 693
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 28
Location : Stormwind

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by Lexgrad on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:06 am

The Lexadin is approached by an argent squire who bears the letter. Lexgrad rises from his meditation and reads the words it bears.

"Displeasing"

(love the letter btw Dawny!)

Lexgrad

Posts : 6140
Join date : 2011-03-12
Age : 34

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by Lavian on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:52 am

Rae Wulfgnar wrote:(Very surprising the Disciples are accused! Didn't expect that one! affraid )

(It was Lavian who even informed Duvaneith about the slain death knight. Lavian raised possible solutions but not anything towards the disciples. Yet she did mention of the truesilver arrow in that the murder was specialised in that case. But she also talked of two gnomes from the rumour thread posted by Burgen and to take anything with a grain of salt... Think Duva is jumping the gun a bit here Very Happy)

_____________________________________________________
"Lavian" - Former Scourge officer, Knight of the Ebon Vigil.

Lavian

Posts : 3525
Join date : 2010-01-28
Age : 28
Location : Bergen, Norway

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by Lexgrad on Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:44 pm

(Dawny will use just about anything to work an angle she wants to work. Then again the DoL are bad people and I find it easy to suspect them Very Happy)

Lexgrad

Posts : 6140
Join date : 2011-03-12
Age : 34

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:48 pm

Lavian Dawson wrote:
Rae Wulfgnar wrote:(Very surprising the Disciples are accused! Didn't expect that one! affraid )

(It was Lavian who even informed Duvaneith about the slain death knight. Lavian raised possible solutions but not anything towards the disciples. Yet she did mention of the truesilver arrow in that the murder was specialised in that case. But she also talked of two gnomes from the rumour thread posted by Burgen and to take anything with a grain of salt... Think Duva is jumping the gun a bit here Very Happy)



[Duv has her ic reasons to suspect everyone who hates the undead especially those who have ic shown it straight to her face. She dosnt easily trust the living, especially light users that are not of the AC. Those being some DOL members who have shown their hatred in Duvaineths presence. Not DOL as a group, but specific members.

She dosnt see why 2 gnomes would travel to SW to kill a DK unless they are apart of some lighty group that is out to kill DKs in SW. And she isnt aware of such gnomes existing amongst any of the religious groups of SW. So logically my toon suspects some specific dol members grouping up to kill all Ebon Knights, or its remnants of the Chapter or some other group yet to be identified. As in her letter stated she thinks if a Dk is killed in SW by living its not an individual but an experienced group that plan such attacks. Smile ]

Dorothee/Duvaineth

Posts : 229
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 33
Location : Ebon Hold

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by Tuomas/Decurius on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:37 am

Rae Wulfgnar wrote:(Very surprising the Disciples are accused! Didn't expect that one! affraid )
((As aforementioned, considering the fact that Anethion as organization has gone rogue and hardly has the numbers to organize death knights hunts, the only suspect who remains are indeed the Disciples. They've shown clearly abuse and prejudice, and scarce desire to keep their most noisy members on a more tight leash. Need to mention that some of their members have been Anethion sympathizers? Aside my personal knowledge, it's hard not to think they could be involved, from an IC pov. As such, I think it'd be only natural that, if the murders keep going, they'd undergo an investigation, at the very least.))

Tuomas/Decurius

Posts : 299
Join date : 2011-12-07
Age : 27
Location : Wherever the mind goes

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by Rae Wulfgnar on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:50 am

(If only ya'll knew what that DK was up to! hehe but it's okay to be biased Wink )

_____________________________________________________



Commission prices

"Keep your face to the Light and you cannot see a shadow."


Rae Wulfgnar

Posts : 693
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 28
Location : Stormwind

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by Vaell on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:19 am

Longknife/Decurius wrote:
Rae Wulfgnar wrote:(Very surprising the Disciples are accused! Didn't expect that one! affraid )
((As aforementioned, considering the fact that Anethion as organization has gone rogue and hardly has the numbers to organize death knights hunts, the only suspect who remains are indeed the Disciples. They've shown clearly abuse and prejudice, and scarce desire to keep their most noisy members on a more tight leash. Need to mention that some of their members have been Anethion sympathizers? Aside my personal knowledge, it's hard not to think they could be involved, from an IC pov. As such, I think it'd be only natural that, if the murders keep going, they'd undergo an investigation, at the very least.))
(( I'm sorry, but that is ridiculous. Death Knights are hated by a lot of people, they're undead and the undead have murdered hundreds (thousands, even) of loved ones to even the citizens of Stormwind. This city is meant to be full of NPCs, coming to the conclusion that a holy guild that hasn't had a past of hunting DKs must be responsible despite evidence pointing towards a couple of gnomes - which the Regiment has RPed out successfully. It's not ICly logical, evidence at the scene from both a magical, physical and witness standpoint says otherwise. It seems a little much to put Disciples at the top of your list when they had no affilitation with the DK just because they've shown prejudice in a city where a hell of a lot of citizens would have shown the exact same amount but unfortunatly they cannot be RPed. Please don't ruin what might be the start of a very exciting piece of RP by jumping the gun.
TL;DR Evidence only shows that two gnomes attacked. ))

Vaell

Posts : 2903
Join date : 2012-01-22
Age : 24

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by Amaryl on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:59 am

Vaell wrote:It's not ICly logical
Because when it comes to RPing People. Logic as opposed to emotion is the source of every character's motivation and source of conflict resolution.

Amaryl

Posts : 2876
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 28
Location : The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by Vaell on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:14 am

Amaryl wrote:
Vaell wrote:It's not ICly logical
Because when it comes to RPing People. Logic as opposed to emotion is the source of every character's motivation and source of conflict resolution.
Spoiler:
Disregarding the main points of my post, nice one! Blaming the Disciples for this, with no evidence other than their dislike towards DKs which is probably shared with a hell of a lot of NPCs (which people seem to just forget about) is the equivalent to blaming your racist next door neighbour for a random shooting of the opposite race somewhere in the other side of London. I'm simply saying that there are more people in this city besides the Disciples that dislike the undead and rarely do I see DKs rping the hatred a lot of citizens would have towards them. I'd like to see this rp last because most 'cultist' RP dies quickly from en masse Sherlock Holmes. If you literally just take every Alliance role-player in Stormwind as a suspect, you'd find out who the culprit was in a matter of hours.

A backlash of DKs feeling uneasy around most humans in the city would be a little broader and more believable. ))
I'll just spoiler it and say, I won't derail further but keep in mind that the city is a big place and other people (Regiment) are RPing it as that for the Hymn's sake. ))

Vaell

Posts : 2903
Join date : 2012-01-22
Age : 24

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:21 am

Edit adding this quote in correctly

Amaryl wrote:
Vaell wrote:It's not ICly logical
Because when it comes to RPing People. Logic as opposed to emotion is the source of every character's motivation and source of conflict resolution.


I dont know what Amaryl meant by that exactly. Chosen way of setting the words up I cant make anything out of it. Probably my english isnt as good as I thought it was

Personally I think the following. Do correct me if I am wrong.

As for not icly logical, who are we to say what one toon finds logical and what he or she dosnt?
Some toons might be the type that believe anything they are told.
Other toons may be paranoid and think there is a group of Dks that are killing Dks.
Some may have reasons to draw up conspiracy theories.

Here we are talking about a murder of a DK. Anyone can have their own personal reasons to suspect anyone they want despite what the regiment reported. They are entitled to decide what their toons believe and what not.
It dosnt matter. For everone in RL do not see everything from the same point of view. So ic it is the same. We are not robots that are programed, we are capable of thinking on our own. The same goes for our toons. If someone has a reason for thinking its DOL or the chapter or even santa clause who are we to critisize them?


Last edited by Dorothee/Duvaineth on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed a quote)

Dorothee/Duvaineth

Posts : 229
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 33
Location : Ebon Hold

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by Raene on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:32 am

I am so far removed from this RP that it's a miracle that I'm even putting my 2 cents in here, but as far as your post and Vaells post is concerned, you've just made a massive strawman arguement.

If your English skills are unable to comprehend what I mean by this, I mean that you've just created an arguement of your own design, against a viewpoint that nobody is defending.

Effectively, you've completely disregarded Vaells arguement of Stormwind citizens prejudice, and ignored every single one of his points in favour of the absurd IC reasoning of your own character, and those around you.

RP a spiteful DK who has a thing against the DoL for whatever reason, but don't forget, Stormwind is not a DK friendly place. Nor is it a Warlock friendly place, or S-Priest friendly place, but that's a discussion not for this thread.

Raene

Posts : 741
Join date : 2011-10-16
Age : 24
Location : England.

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:38 am

(About your spoiler part Vael this is true. But my main post stated my toon thinks a group is behind this. Thats why this ooc conversation is about groups. Thats why others stated their toons ic opinions.

If it was about an unknown individual then it would prob be something like this:
An unknow person killed a DK and I believe this is true without question. Be alert fellow Ebon Knights.

As for who to look at for clues ofc we are gonna look at actual rper groups. For only with rpers we can interact. If we were to icly suspect it was a group of mage npcs, well interacting with them is impossible, its like talking to a wall. Razz So ya for the sake of RP we must suspect actual toons and groups I personally think. Razz )

Dorothee/Duvaineth

Posts : 229
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 33
Location : Ebon Hold

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:43 am

Raene wrote:I am so far removed from this RP that it's a miracle that I'm even putting my 2 cents in here, but as far as your post and Vaells post is concerned, you've just made a massive strawman arguement.

If your English skills are unable to comprehend what I mean by this, I mean that you've just created an arguement of your own design, against a viewpoint that nobody is defending.

Effectively, you've completely disregarded Vaells arguement of Stormwind citizens prejudice, and ignored every single one of his points in favour of the absurd IC reasoning of your own character, and those around you.

RP a spiteful DK who has a thing against the DoL for whatever reason, but don't forget, Stormwind is not a DK friendly place. Nor is it a Warlock friendly place, or S-Priest friendly place, but that's a discussion not for this thread.


I dont disagree one bit with Vael on the SW citizens not being friendly. But we cant interact with the npcs so blaming them also is pointless I think. Again my toon thinks its a group. I am currently unaware of any npc group that would be behind this. Do correct me if I am wrong in any of this.

Dorothee/Duvaineth

Posts : 229
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 33
Location : Ebon Hold

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by erwtenpeller on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:46 am

Dorothee/Duvaineth wrote:But we cant interact with the npcs so blaming them also is pointless I think.
Eeeeexactly. The plot trumps all.

erwtenpeller

Posts : 6481
Join date : 2011-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Netherlands

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:49 am

K. I see what you mean erwtenpeller. Ill add more suspects to the list to help in the rp.

Dorothee/Duvaineth

Posts : 229
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 33
Location : Ebon Hold

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by Amaryl on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:55 am

Vaell wrote:
Amaryl wrote:
Vaell wrote:It's not ICly logical
Because when it comes to RPing People. Logic as opposed to emotion is the source of every character's motivation and source of conflict resolution.
Spoiler:
Disregarding the main points of my post, nice one! Blaming the Disciples for this, with no evidence other than their dislike towards DKs which is probably shared with a hell of a lot of NPCs (which people seem to just forget about) is the equivalent to blaming your racist next door neighbour for a random shooting of the opposite race somewhere in the other side of London. I'm simply saying that there are more people in this city besides the Disciples that dislike the undead and rarely do I see DKs rping the hatred a lot of citizens would have towards them. I'd like to see this rp last because most 'cultist' RP dies quickly from en masse Sherlock Holmes. If you literally just take every Alliance role-player in Stormwind as a suspect, you'd find out who the culprit was in a matter of hours.

A backlash of DKs feeling uneasy around most humans in the city would be a little broader and more believable. ))
I'll just spoiler it and say, I won't derail further but keep in mind that the city is a big place and other people (Regiment) are RPing it as that for the Hymn's sake. ))

The equivalence in your Spoiler is exactly what i'm talking about. And why it is a perfectly reasonable response to roleplay. Because people don't respond logically. They respond emotionally. I'd even reckon that with DKs with amped up anger, and rage emotions that would be even worse.

People do stupid things, they blame the wrong people. and they go apeshit against all kinds of other parties that have nothing to do with it. hence blaming DoL, perfectly reasonable.

Amaryl

Posts : 2876
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 28
Location : The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by erwtenpeller on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:59 am

I was agreeing with you, Dorethe. The argument that "the people of Stormwind" or some un-played party should be the blame is bollocks, it leaves everyone empty-handed. Blaming things on a ghost is dumber then blaming them on the wrong party.

Why is this discussion even happening? A character published a pamphlet. The information on that pamphlet might be wrong! Oh noes!

Just roll with it, negative Nancies.

erwtenpeller

Posts : 6481
Join date : 2011-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Netherlands

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC]Poster in the Acherus/Letter towards Ebon Knights.

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:14 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum