The Next Xpac: Theorycraft, hoooo!

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Next Xpac: Theorycraft, hoooo!

Post by Xen-tau on Fri May 10, 2013 4:28 am

I did, and I know what you mean. But the Blood Elves were willing to join the Alliance. And the Belf problem isn't with Vereesa's Covenant, but with Jaina and the Kirin Tor. The High Elves also express concern when you read the questlogs of Dalaran.

They still fight, but the leaders of both factions have eased up a little.

But, I will back it up with some sources of which I interpret this later on, on mobile now. I did read the quests Vereesa gave, and I have to correct myself there. It appears Vereesa has a problem with the Belves.

Alliance:
Human(Worgen) Death Knight Aeron Turner - Killing, somewhere.
(A)Pandaren Tushui Monk: Xen-Tau Swiftstrike - Finding a place to live

Idea borrowed from: Nilda Meyrick and Monrena

Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z on Fri May 10, 2013 4:41 am

So am I the only one thinking that it'd just be silly to have a third playable elf race, lore reasons and such aside? Especially if their Horde counterpart would be something way different, like ogres. Of course I'll always be Hoarding, so it wouldn't really be a personal problem, but I could imagine "some" complaints from most of the WoW community...

Anyway, as an addition to my previous post, I'd definetly like to see Outland-like zones, except even more Outlandish and crazy! And give us more Inns, damnit! With or without NPCs in them.

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller on Fri May 10, 2013 4:49 am

The Z wrote:So am I the only one thinking that it'd just be silly to have a third playable elf race, lore reasons and such aside
No. It's totally silly.

erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z on Fri May 10, 2013 6:51 am

erwtenpeller wrote:
The Z wrote:So am I the only one thinking that it'd just be silly to have a third playable elf race, lore reasons and such aside
No. It's totally silly.
Good! Though I'll admit that you mentioned "crazy ideas" in your first post, so 's cool.

Anyway, the name? Reign of Chaos is already taken, so let's go with...I don't know...The Burning Shadow? Tho "Burning" already got used, so that'd be kinda recycling...Flaming Shadows? Angry Demons? Roof is on Fire? Bring Down The Hammer? Infinite Infernals?

+ Better boob physics.

The Z

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan on Fri May 10, 2013 6:54 am

The Z wrote:+ Better boob physics.
We totally need this!

Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller on Fri May 10, 2013 7:07 am

How can you make "physics" better in a game that barely has any?

erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z on Fri May 10, 2013 7:32 am

They'll find a way, just you wait!

But if being serious for a change, I'd also like music being involved more among players (or at all), like Darilas suggested. Think I've dreamed of playable instrument since late vanilla at least...but since I know how complex and annoying that could get, I'm willing to assume it never happens. Maybe if it (playing/listening) would be somehow limited into a party or raid, but eeeh...

Also, more windows you can see through in regular buildings! Those Inns that I already mentioned, hidden in depths of a forest with moss covered roof, or along the rocky roads of Badlands. More caves and other mysterious places to explore, even if flying mounts have taken the effort out of that partly. I still remember how cool it was to journey over to the dancing troll village...also way more character customization! Give those bloody body tattoos, that I already saw on an orc NPC over at Agmar's Hammer in Dragonblight! More songs for the L90ETC to play! That dance studio and a chance to dance with another player! A chance to slip (knockback effect) over on a grass, when it has been raining? Then some other stuff that's probably way too detailed for the WoW of today and would just annoy most of the playerbase.

The Z

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller on Fri May 10, 2013 7:44 am

Yes, yes and yes!
The Z wrote:More caves and other mysterious places to explore, even if flying mounts have taken the effort out of that partly.
I think they've done a great job on that with the Jade Forest. That place is teeming with little fun places that are brilliant. I've spent hours just flying around that place looking for cool things to see; and was greatly rewarded. Jade Forest <3

erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad on Fri May 10, 2013 8:15 am

Aishling wrote:I did, and I know what you mean. But the Blood Elves were willing to join the Alliance. And the Belf problem isn't with Vereesa's Covenant, but with Jaina and the Kirin Tor. The High Elves also express concern when you read the questlogs of Dalaran.

They still fight, but the leaders of both factions have eased up a little.

But, I will back it up with some sources of which I interpret this later on, on mobile now. I did read the quests Vereesa gave, and I have to correct myself there. It appears Vereesa has a problem with the Belves.

Yeah she has a biiiiig prob with Belfs. I love the bit after the 5th senario where Jaina and lor'themar are flirting (totes gonna happen, will be ruined when she shouts out Kael's name) and when everyone is making peace she crys out "They killed my husband". So yeah that isnt over. As for the third windrunner... idk, I really cant see why she would go belf but then again it is blizz...

Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermie on Fri May 10, 2013 4:57 pm

Satyrs, Naga, Ogres, Arroka, Neutral Goblins or Etheral.
Take your pick, Blizzard. I'm not fussy.

EDIT: One of them becomes playable, and I resub.

Hermie

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaraj on Fri May 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void.

Zaraj

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid on Sat May 11, 2013 2:49 am

Hermie wrote:Satyrs, Naga, Ogres, Arroka, Neutral Goblins or Etheral.
Take your pick, Blizzard. I'm not fussy.

EDIT: One of them becomes playable, and I resub.

No, No, Yes, No, No, No. Don't pick crap races because "they look cool" they must have a reasonable explanation as to why they want to join any faction at all (Satyrs and Nagas got to be thanks to the Burning Legion and the like, fat chance of them entering Alliance or Horde after millenia of fighting against them. Not to mention the fact that THERE ARE NO NAGAS INLAND! THEY NEED WATER TO SURVIVE!). Ogres were part of the Horde, so fully explainable that they want to join in the fight once again. Arrakoa I really have no idea why they'd join in on the fight. They look interesting, but their lore and such doesn't really work out for them to join either faction. Neutral Goblins are the Booty Bay, Gadgetzan and Everlook ones. Ethereals are basically smarter goblins, which the Horde already has quite a bunch of. No need for more of the same.

I'd say give the Horde Ogres, and for starters the elves of Quel'Thalas could make do with the same phased starting thing as the Pandaren players get to have (picking a faction), thus either becoming a High elf (Alliance) or a Blood elf (Horde), the one thing that would be hard to explain is the eyecolour-thing.

Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai on Sat May 11, 2013 3:01 am

Cid wrote:Arrakoa I really have no idea why they'd join in on the fight. They look interesting, but their lore and such doesn't really work out for them to join either faction.

The Lightie Arakkoas have quite apt reason to join their draenei friends in the Alliance.

[H] Atsenkha - Former Kor'kron, Red Blade Tribesorc

"...in any bureaucratic organization there will be two kinds of people: those who work to further the actual goals of the organization, and those who work for the organization itself... In all cases, the second type of person will always gain control of the organization, and will always write the rules under which the organization functions."

—The Iron Law of Bureaucracy

Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller on Sat May 11, 2013 3:21 am

Cid wrote:No, No, Yes, No, No, No. Don't pick crap races because "they look cool"
Why not? That's blizzard sole reason for selecting races.

erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 11, 2013 3:43 am

Drustai wrote:
Cid wrote:Arrakoa I really have no idea why they'd join in on the fight. They look interesting, but their lore and such doesn't really work out for them to join either faction.

The Lightie Arakkoas have quite apt reason to join their draenei friends in the Alliance.

I think the Arrakoa have quite a big grudge on the Orcs, with one leading Danath and the Alliance Expedition as a guide/tracker personally around Outland, and aided in some fights. So it shows they're obviously more likely to side with the Alliance, and have plenty of reason to.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Grizzik

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai on Sat May 11, 2013 4:04 am

Yep, he's another good example!

The arakkoa are really the most suitable Alliance race if we're just looking at Draenor races (and not including helves ofc).

[H] Atsenkha - Former Kor'kron, Red Blade Tribesorc

"...in any bureaucratic organization there will be two kinds of people: those who work to further the actual goals of the organization, and those who work for the organization itself... In all cases, the second type of person will always gain control of the organization, and will always write the rules under which the organization functions."

—The Iron Law of Bureaucracy

Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos on Sat May 11, 2013 4:44 am

I know everybody's getting all pumped for a Legion invasion or more Outlandish things, but...

Pandaria came out of nowhere. And I loved it.

Much rather than something that is foreshadowed and expected, I'd like to be completely caught off-guard again. Something nobody could have possibly predicted. Something whacky, wild and completely new.

Just spin the globe of Azeroth around a tiny bit and...Is that a new continent that was hidden just east of Kalimdor and west of the Eastern Kingdoms?! And what's that? It's got awsome steampunk aztec cyber-gorilla people?!

YES!

Suprise me, Blizzard. I am ready in my unreadiness.

Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech on Sat May 11, 2013 4:45 am

FUCK-YES, BIRDS! Very Happy

Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos on Sat May 11, 2013 4:47 am

Sullee Swiftspeech wrote:FUCK-YES, BIRDS! Very Happy

All right, steampunkg aztec cyber-hawks then.

Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell on Sat May 11, 2013 5:09 am

Thelos wrote:I know everybody's getting all pumped for a Legion invasion or more Outlandish things, but...

Pandaria came out of nowhere. And I loved it.

Much rather than something that is foreshadowed and expected, I'd like to be completely caught off-guard again. Something nobody could have possibly predicted. Something whacky, wild and completely new.

Just spin the globe of Azeroth around a tiny bit and...Is that a new continent that was hidden just east of Kalimdor and west of the Eastern Kingdoms?! And what's that? It's got awsome steampunk aztec cyber-gorilla people?!

YES!

Suprise me, Blizzard. I am ready in my unreadiness.
This is the complete opposite to what I want. Quite literally.

Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos on Sat May 11, 2013 5:19 am

Well, that's to be expected. I'm not exactly known to defend the populair opinion.

I loved the Pandaria part of Mists, but I never got invested as much in the content that came after it. 5.0 was balls-to-the-walls-amazing and I never felt the same enthusiasm for the Alliance versus Horde storyline. The Alliance characters in particular are just not that interesting to me. Varian is a Super Saiyan, Tyrande is either a docile housewive or a crazed brainless lunatic (often both at the same time), Velen just sits around staring into his glass ball doing jack shit - Hell, I think the only Alliance leader I genuinely like at this moment is Moira from the Council of Three Hammers.

So yeah, I'd rather leave all those dweebs behind me and go on an exciting adventure somewhere far away.

Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller on Sat May 11, 2013 5:52 am

Something completely new and surprising would also be good. Absolutely.

....But I still want Satyr. What a Face

erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar/Kavalis on Sat May 11, 2013 6:44 am

One thing I find regrettable about the general WoW community is that in order for something to be cool, it has to be something that was refferenced in WC3 or WC2. I get the feeling that once all Warcraft RTS plotlines have been resolved, the game will lose all ability to keep these people satisfied. They don't want to play World of Warcraft, they want to play Warcraft 3 forever across multiple titles. Just because the race wasn't the main focus of the Orc Campaign in ROC, or that race was allied to the humans in TFT, doesn't mean that those two races need an entire expansion devoted to that.

Somehow, I think, given the general opinion that seems to exist within the WC3 veteran base, they'd rather devote an entire expansion to exploring the legacy of Garithos than they'd want to spend even a single patch exploring the legacy of that new continent that was just discovered. This is why TBC and WLK are the two best expansions. They contained the most WC3 lore out of all the Xpacs. Cataclysm was focused on Deathwing + a lot of original WoW lore that wasn't in WC3. Deathwing is only featured in Warcraft 2, with little to no reference to him in WC3. He's a second rate villain because he wasn't in that one game that ALL the vets played.

This isn't meant as a rant to insult anybody based on their taste in lore. I love WC3 too and getting to walk in the steps of all those heroes I came to love from the RTS, doing the Onyxia's Lair achievement and having Rexxar as my guide, putting the final strike on Vashj, Kael'thas, Illidan, Kel'Thuzad, Anub'rekhan, Anub'Arak, The Lich King. Getting to meet the spirit of Uther in the Halls of Reflection. I -loved- getting to help Thrall escape Durnholde, and purging Stratholme aside Arthas. I get where you're coming from. It feels so epic to finally get to resolve that plotline that was left unresolved in a prior game. To finally see it put to an end. It gives a sense of accomplishment that finally, after all that time, you get to watch that big bad guy draw his final breath.

So I get where you're coming from. I just still think it's rather sad that no lore can ever be cool if it isn't taken directly out of Warcraft 3.

Ixirar/Kavalis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad on Sat May 11, 2013 8:20 am

I agree with that totes Ixi.

Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth on Sun May 12, 2013 4:43 am

I personally think blizzard should use areas that already exist in the next expantion. No more new continents or zones. The game map is huge so huge that its a waste of space. Find an excuse to bring players back to areas like duskwood and stv, arathi, tanaris ungoro and so on. They can update the lore. Make something happen in forgotten areas that would bring heroes back to help once again. For us rpers it will bring new adventures in the new to be content. Also I believe blizz should update their lore on every single little detail. Some places are left as they were in vanilla. They get loads of money so they can afford to do it. If it takes one or two or even three years they can get it done through patches and so on I think.

Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:26 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top