[IC] Convert today!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[IC] Convert today!

Post by Melnerag on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:54 am

These small booklets are handed out by men and women in brown robes wandering the streets of Stormwind, and the lanes of the rural areas. They spread these booklets in the churches and in public places, and read them out aloud for those who cannot read.

Have you ever felt that there is more to life than everyday drudgery, more to work than simple routine, more to family than crushing obligations, more to friendship than chat over a few beers? Your feelings are right! Do you want to discover the deeper, sacred meaning of life, find great satisfaction in your work, revel in the warmth and comfort of family and gain greater joy and trust with your friends? If the answer is yes - then read further, and let your life be forever transformed for the better!

What you are feeling is the whisper of the Holy Light within your heart, beckoning you to embrace It and walk the path of faith. Faith is not only for priests, Faith is not only for old theologians, Faith is not only for Paladins; Faith, and the rewards of Faith, are attainable by every man, woman and child! If you answer the Light and begin to walk Its path, you will be rewarded with a sense of great fulfilment with your life, from which you will reap great strength and great joy. No challenge will be impossible to overcome. The Light will provide for you and protect you. If you want to walk the path of the Light and reap the countless and glorious rewards of Faith, then read on!

The Holy Light offers countless rewards, in exchange it asks very little. So little that anybody can do it. There is no complicated philosophy, there is no confusing metaphysics. It is real, and it is really simple!

Faith through Work

All of us have to work. Bread doesn't make itself. Stop for a moment and think why you work. If you work for monetary gain, or simply because you must - you spend half of your life doing things that give you no fulfilment. That is not a healthy life. You work for the family and for the members of your community. The bread you bake puts the smile on the faces of the children, the ploughs you repair make farmers say 'thanks'. Your work brings happiness into this world. Your work makes this world a better place.

Realize this and rejoice! Every effort counts towards the Greater Good, and as soon as you liberate yourself from the material desires and realize that your work is for the betterment of this world, for the benefit of your community and for the Glory of the Light, the Light will embrace you and provide for you! Keep this thought in mind, and let it give you strength and encourage you to work harder and better. Work hard for the Greater Good, and the Light will provide. A man who enjoys his work, works hard and works good will never know hunger for long! Stop for a moment and think; realize that every man who works contributes to our community. Say 'thank you' to the street cleaners and 'thank you' to the bakers, to blacksmiths and soldiers, and to everybody whose services and goods you use. That 'thank you' will transform them too, and make them realize that there is more to their work than drudgery.

Faith through family

All of us have happy moments and unhappy moments. All of us have hard times and easy times. Family is not a crushing obligation. Family is the true place to find support, share joy and sadness alike and find comfort when the times are hard. Children are our heirs. Children remind us that the world will continue after we are gone, and that this world is worth improving, worth protecting, worth saving. A man without a family has nothing to lose but his life. A man without family has nobody to pass his legacy to.

All members of the family must do their part to forge a shared welfare. Spouses must support one another in grave times, and laugh together in good times. Spouses must give each other comfort, and show each other love. Children must learn from their parents, be dutiful to them and obey them, to one day build a family of their own and likewise find joy of love. Remember, as long as you are good to your spouse and children, you have made life better for at least two other people. And that is pleasing to the Light. And the Light rewards those who do deeds that are pleasing to It!

Faith through Community

No man is an island. Our family are our roots. We can always return to them to find comfort and understanding. But they cannot satisfy all our needs. We have friends and neighbours. Good friends take our troubles away and make time fly. Good neighbours lend their skills when our own come short. What would a baker do without a miller? What would a farmer do without a blacksmith?

Our community and our friends are the source of our welfare. We must trust them, and rely on them - and for that purpose we must help them whenever we are able, and they will help you in return. A good man will always support his community. Let there be no hunger, unless everybody starves together! Let nobody be let down, as long as there is at least one man who can help! Let no man be rich, unless everybody is rich! When dark times come - only your community will keep you safe. Trust them. Rely on them. And show them that you too can be trusted and relied on. As soon as you realize that you stand together against the threats and challenges of life - is the moment you will realize just how important your friends and neighbours truly are, and will treat them differently.

Faith through Vigilance

A man can lead a happy and fulfilling life through work, family and community. But there are threats to this great order of things. All these threats can be summed up with one word only: Evil. Jealousy and Hatred are evil. The Horde is evil. The demons and the undead are Evil. All these will destroy our way of life and undo everything we have accomplished. If you want to keep your rewards of faith, and protect your community, and preserve the peace and the happiness you enjoy - you must combat evil around you.

Renounce all harmful and evil thoughts and feelings towards other faithful around you. Jealousy, hatred, detest - they all lead to evil deeds that harm the community. Be watchful of these sleeping demons within you. Confess their presence to your spouse or your friends, to your neighbours or the local priest. Apathy and lack of attention will lead to those around you feeling no longer connected to you - they ruin the community and isolate you from it. Once isolated you will be a cherished acquisition for the forces of Darkness who twist the loners to join their dark crusade. Be compassionate, stand together! Demons and Undead, and those who summon them, are the agents of evil. They spread their dark taint as a pestilence across the lands. Gather up in your militia and chase them out with torches and pitchforks, lest they destroy everything you have accomplished. Gather up in your militia, and fight back the Horde and the bandits, the gnolls and the murlocks and any other threat that may threaten your family and your community. if you do not fight for what is dear to you, then who will?

Faith through Ritual

The Light is the source of Good and Justice in this world. The Light provides for those who follow its path. The Light gives the faithful great strength to combat those who wish them harm. And Holy Anethion, Light's humble envoy, has taught us how to walk in the Light's path. You must recognize the Light as the supreme creator, the source of good and justice, and Holy Anethion as the illuminator of men, our teacher and our guide. Acknowledge them in prayer, and gather up to build great temples to the Light, for they are the focal point of your community, one building used by you all and furnished by you all.

Faith Shall Overcome!

If you are inspired to change your life through Work, Family, Community, Vigilance and Ritual - you have recognized the true meaning of the Sacred Duty. Our Sacred Duty is to make this world a better place by doing good deeds and fighting evil. If you accept this Sacred Duty, and desire the rewards of Faith it provides, then within you beats a heart of Anethionean! Teaching of the Prophet Anethion is the teaching of the People. Teaching of Holy Anethion is simple and straightforward, and every man can step closer to the Light through it. Seek out the Lectors of the Prophet's Chapter, and convert today!

Faith through Work, Family, Community, Vigilance and Ritual!
Anethionean Faith - People's Faith!
Faith Shall overcome!

Faith Through OOC: I want to point out that you can convert to Anethionism without joining the Chapter! So if you want to have easier, regular role-play with our remembers, or need an excuse to shout zealous recitations or love our lore and want to be part - Convert today!

Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC] Convert today!

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:25 am

*Vezullia frowns reading over the rather gnomophobic leaflet before incinerating it and walking on*

"Fanatics..

- (Encendia) Good Witch Encendia, "I represent the take a wish foundation."
- (Isabelle) Isabelle 'Izzy' Goldshore, "My daddy owns you wholesale."

Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:46 am

IC: *gigglesnort and some amused comment in Draenei*

OOC: *Jahova's witnesses at door flashback*

Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:46 am

[Gnomophobic? Word 'gnome' appears exactly 0 timesin the-----aaaaah! That is the reason! Every text that doesn't mention gnomes is racist! ]

Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:52 am

*grunts and shreds with claws,.. grumbles something about the light having abandond her the minuit she left home*

Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:53 am

The ginger Witch Hunter says: Convert!

Veryan Arrowsong, Natures Grasp, TBA

John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:13 am

Exaythe wrote:[Gnomophobic? Word 'gnome' appears exactly 0 timesin the-----aaaaah! That is the reason! Every text that doesn't mention gnomes is racist! ]
Pffff vezzy knows What you fanatics are like! Humanity > all!

Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariden on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:17 am

Reads notice, ponders over the fact the chapter burnt down his villages barn, goes back to eating stew and watching organised worgen fights.

Ariden

Character sheet
Name: Ariden Draksbane
Title: Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:04 am

*opens the front door to only be greeted by a Chapterian holding a book in front of himself* Sir, do you know the dangers of sex before marriage?

*punch*
*close door*
Light damned mormons & Jehova's witnesses.

Creating situations of a dramatic nature since season 3.

Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:08 am

^

That.

Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:14 am

[ May be I should print this one out and hand it over to Jehova's Witnesses next time they visit. Wouldn't THAT be something!? Very Happy ]

Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:24 am

ohhh plase do,... email me a coppy!!

Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:55 am

Exaythe wrote:[ May be I should print this one out and hand it over to Jehova's Witnesses next time they visit. Wouldn't THAT be something!? Very Happy ]

"Have you heard the good news?"
"Have you? Did you know with Antheion's teaching you could smite heretics far faster and with greater efficiency young dwarf?"

Win.

Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:54 am

Helsythe wrote:The ginger Witch Hunter says: Convert!

I remember back in RHS when we captured you and Thaerian. Having previous described you as "the Ginger Chapterian". And then having to label you Ginger One, and Ginger Two.

I for one fear our dread fanatic ginger overlords.

<3

You guys are more indepth and interesting than the actual in game religious human factions to be honest.

Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:58 pm

Thae isn't ginger, he's blonde xD You guys need more colour-training!

Veryan Arrowsong, Natures Grasp, TBA

John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinnadrin on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:05 pm

One more reason to exterminate half-elves.

Sinnadrin

Character sheet
Name: Lord Sinnadrin Sunfury
Title: Sun King Aspirant

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:18 am

It's all fine and good to appreciate the lights embrace Razz

Unless you're chareshia, she's just drop-dead unlucky.

Unknown

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jehorius on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:18 pm

Kittrina wrote:
Helsythe wrote:The ginger Witch Hunter says: Convert!

I remember back in RHS when we captured you and Thaerian. Having previous described you as "the Ginger Chapterian". And then having to label you Ginger One, and Ginger Two.

I for one fear our dread fanatic ginger overlords.

<3

You guys are more indepth and interesting than the actual in game religious human factions to be honest.

I was the first ginger ANETHIONEAN! I just knew that my offspring would overshine me at some point. Jehorius needs to get out more. Sad

'I bet you're some kind of demon!' - Veryan/Helsythe/Aran

'He looks kinder in death, than he did in life.' - Kristia/Lilath about Jehorius

Jehorius

Character sheet
Name: Jehorius 'Regelius Renn' Amaltheria
Title: Iretongues' Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Astraea on Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:16 pm

Jehorius/Jezzek wrote: I was the first ginger ANETHIONEAN! I just knew that my offspring would overshine me at some point. Jehorius needs to get out more. Sad

You should have kept a better eye on them.

I mean look at the trouble that they are! Razz

Much love.

Your healbotbitch

Astraea

Character sheet
Name: Astraea
Title: Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Jehorius on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:57 am

Astraea wrote:Your healbotbitch

Seems like I lost my son in a matter of speech, so don't you worry HBB. He'll cause trouble no longer.

'I bet you're some kind of demon!' - Veryan/Helsythe/Aran

'He looks kinder in death, than he did in life.' - Kristia/Lilath about Jehorius

Jehorius

Character sheet
Name: Jehorius 'Regelius Renn' Amaltheria
Title: Iretongues' Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Astraea on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:17 pm

Jehorius/Jezzek wrote: Seems like I lost my son in a matter of speech, so don't you worry HBB. He'll cause trouble no longer.

That you have... How could you?! We should have killed him first Razz

He'll find a way to cause trouble though >.>

Yay though you came and said hi in the bar ^.^ even though you still didn't take the hat off D:

One day you shall... One day

Astraea

Character sheet
Name: Astraea
Title: Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:36 am

Very nicely written ! I want to be converted !!!

...wait..I'm a draenei, I'm supposed to be wiser than that !! O___o

Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:43 am

This is wisdom incarnate:

Whenever you kill a heretic, a heretic dies. Therefore, kill all heretics

Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:38 pm

Exaythe wrote:This is wisdom incarnate:

Whenever you kill a heretic, a heretic dies. Therefore, kill all heretics

That's a beautiful petitio principii right there.

Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiston Farley on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:13 pm

Best Human guild ever

Whiston Farley

Character sheet
Name: Whiston Farley
Title: The Hound Master - Watcher of Sacred Ground