[IC-Poster/Propaganda] The Light of the Alliance!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[IC-Poster/Propaganda] The Light of the Alliance!

Post by Geldar on Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:44 pm

OOC: Something I wrote in a moment of boredom and parts of it will be used in a speech soon, but I thought the entire thing might be used as a propaganda poster more or less.

For further reading pleasure, listen to this while reading:

IC: Posters can be seen placed on all message boards across Stormwind city, passing by one you can read the following:

"Brothers and sisters of the Light, soldiers of the Alliance. So long have we fought to ensure the peace of our coalition, for so long have we fought against the enemies of the Light and the Alliance, and so many have died to ensure that others may live to see our victory over those who would have wished to see us fall. We are here today, alive, as a testament and an act of honor to that sacrifice, for it will never be forgotten.

For those who died over all these years of war had a vision.. Where the people of the Alliance would live in peace and not in fear. A new age where the Light would shine ever so bright in the face of Darkness. A new age in which our lands are not ravaged, our people murdered and enslaved, a new age in which the forces like those of the Lich King are but a memory of times gone by.

The people who fought and died, in Lordaeron, in Northrend did not die in vain. They died fighting for what they belived right. An age in which there would be nothing but the Light shining over the Alliance. And we were almost able to see that, for the past few months there was nothing but peace throughout our lands and our Kingdoms.

But here we are, yet again. Facing new threats that are advancing on our coalition, on our lands, our people. In the face of the Shattering of the world, of Deathwing the Destroyer, in the Orcish Horde of Garrosh Hellscream. They seek to destroy us, to take our lands, to kill our people and enslave them.

Indeed, brothers and sisters, a new age is upon us. But it is not yet an age of peace, no. The Orcish Horde and their allies are marching through our lands with sheer brute force, destroying everything in their pass while Deathwing shakes this world apart. In times like these, there is nothing we can do but fight!

Pick up sword, pick up shield. Pick the great axe and the mighty warhammer, and rise brothers and sisters. Rise and take up arms, for we are to defend our lands, our allies, once more. Look towards your allies in times such as these, for we must stand together to face these threats. Rise and march to help those in need, to defend our people and our allies, your - our homes! For the forests of Ashenvale are burning, Southshore has been submurged in plague, the walls of Gillneas shake under the onslaught of the Forsaken. And in the face in these threats we will stand strong, and fight, as we have always.

For this battle has been going for more than twenty years now, and as it may seem hard and its end distant, remember this. At times it can be won. So rise, soldiers of the Alliance and let us face this new age with defiance so that we would not become victims of its passing!

For the Light and for the Alliance!

~Signed, General Geldar Angelos, Stormwind Military."

OOC: Image related:

Creating situations of a dramatic nature since season 3.

Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Re: [IC-Poster/Propaganda] The Light of the Alliance!

Post by Jayse on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:06 pm

*Jayse stops to read with folded arms. A smirk forming* "Forever the romantic.."

OOC: "OO'RAH!"

Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:14 pm

*Vezullia gazes up at the poster silently, smiling and nodding firmly before walking on.*

- (Encendia) Good Witch Encendia, "I represent the take a wish foundation."
- (Isabelle) Isabelle 'Izzy' Goldshore, "My daddy owns you wholesale."

Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:03 am

*Orthur smiles under his hood, nodding as he reads*
"Te Ancestor's 'Oly Ligh' never wavers."

Current:

Horde
Active - Zhakiri - Darkspear Primal of the Painted Skulls.
Active - Gashuk, Son of Garrak- Gul'thauk Spirit Walker of the Red Blades.

Alliance
Inactive - Falarth Thorgint- Arathorian Battlemage.
Inactive - Nygarth Thorgint- Arathorian Veteran.
Inactive - Orthur Thorgint- Arathorian Blood Priest.

Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:25 am

((The question is, what metal song would fit this?))

Pierre's eyes widen, losing their focus entirely to a dreamy state as if he's lost in thoughts.
"It's been a while since I heard so proudly and strongly the voice of a paladin. I had expected to be more used to it by now... But it's still as terrific and terrifying as before."

((One question: there is a strong emphasis on death and sacrifice. Good things for a religious nut or an experienced soldier, but wouldn't half the commoners have fled and cowered in their homes at the sight of the words?
Or is it acceptable to assume that the common people in wow are more brave than the pansies of modern society?))

Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:02 am

((The question is, what metal song would fit this?))

Pierre's eyes widen, losing their focus entirely to a dreamy state as if he's lost in thoughts.
"It's been a while since I heard so proudly and strongly the voice of a paladin. I had expected to be more used to it by now... But it's still as terrific and terrifying as before."

((One question: there is a strong emphasis on death and sacrifice. Good things for a religious nut or an experienced soldier, but wouldn't half the commoners have fled and cowered in their homes at the sight of the words?
Or is it acceptable to assume that the common people in wow are more brave than the pansies of modern society?))

((To answer your first question, I think this fits the theme perfectly, lyrics & music:

Now for the other one, think of it like this: The setting we RP in provided by the lore of Azeroth and specifically the Eastern Kingdoms shows us that the past few hundred years have been marked by nothing but warfare. Glorious conquest and terrible treachery, heroics and corruption, unyielding faith and darkness. The Great Wars, the Orcish hordes of Doomhammer and Gul'dan, The Plague/Lich King, The Burning Legion, Old Gods, Deathwing the Destroyer and all those others that have ravaged the world and the Kingdoms.

Now given all these things above we it brings me to this conclusion; if society and the people specifically weren't made of really hard stuff, we wouldn't have survived all those mentioned above, which brings me further to the conclusion that such things(Poster/Propaganda), in such times, in the face of such threats are something normal. Even the King is an awe inspiring badass made of harder stuff than the walls of Ironforge, and I think that most citizen reflect that image. Humanity in the universe of Warcraft is united by several things I think; Faith, War and the refusal to be defeated. Thus, this was writen to reflect that feeling, that in such times the only option for us to survive is to fight the good fight and never surrender, and that the only thing keeping us together, is our faith and our allies, plus a very important part as writen above, the respect that must be paid to those who made it possible for us to fight that good fight today.

In a way however, this whole poster reflects on the three virtues also. Respect for the dead who sacrificed their life so that we may carry on the fight for a better future for our children, the Tenacity to endure all the hardships of this age and never to give up no matter how small the odds are and Compassion, to defend those who cannot defend themself, to aid the weak and most importantly to help our allies in their time of need.

And putting it simply? After all those years of struggle, war and a bloody refusal to give up I think people are quite used to such things, so no. I doubt they will be running away in fear, most likely they will be inspired, thus the entire point of this thing.))

Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordazan on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:26 am

((an interresting topic for discussion, perhaps worthy of its own thread?
I partly agree with Geldar: Hard times and struggle breeds acceptance for war and fanatical devotion to the principles/religion you fight to defend. I do believe that no normal citizen would ever heed such a poster, but it'd be accepted, because people need the soldiers/paladins/nutcase veterans/militant church people/radical religious warriors/etc. to defend them))

Mordazan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:36 am

Mordazan wrote:((an interresting topic for discussion, perhaps worthy of its own thread?
I partly agree with Geldar: Hard times and struggle breeds acceptance for war and fanatical devotion to the principles/religion you fight to defend. I do believe that no normal citizen would ever heed such a poster, but it'd be accepted, because people need the soldiers/paladins/nutcase veterans/militant church people/radical religious warriors/etc. to defend them))

((Maybe I should make a topic for such a discussion, about how people live in times of such hardships, on both sides of the barrier. Though point is, I see this poster as something you might see on the "Hero's Call Board" in every city where The King/Generals call for people to travel to location A and fight in the name of <insert here>, though instead of a order its more a inspirational thing, something to light the spark in the soul of those reading it, something to make people realise that they cannot stand idle anymore, and that everyone needs to do his part. Be it war, trade, religion or medicine. And considering that a large portion of the society is militarised, or atleast combat ready, I think that quite some will heed such words if per say there is a campaign soon and men of good faith and virtues are needed to help.))

Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:53 am

((OOC:

I can only say I fully agree. I just deplore this spirit isn't reflected in the casual roleplay around Stormwind enough to my liking. People seem to rage over the lack of salt in their soup, but when a warlock comes around it's "hey, let's be open minded" at the risk of sounding like a fanatic otherwise. Even JP's ever so slow evolution seems to have caught up with the pansies that make our casual stormwind population.

So.. It's been refreshing to read that speech and see your view on the matter. It's time indeed to accentuate the "terrifying and glorious" aspect of the humans and their Light devoted fighters.

Hell.. While we're at it... Mordazan... YOUR ASS IS GOING DOWN! Laughing

))

Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:49 am

Jeanpierre wrote:

Hell.. While we're at it... Mordazan... YOUR ASS IS GOING DOWN! Laughing

))

((Not if there's anything that we can do about it Razz ))

Yarnaat

Character sheet
Name: Yarnaat
Title: Vindicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:51 am

((OOC:

See? Its already working as intended! But anyway:

I just deplore this spirit isn't reflected in the casual roleplay around Stormwind enough to my liking. People seem to rage over the lack of salt in their soup, but when a warlock comes around it's "hey, let's be open minded" at the risk of sounding like a fanatic otherwise.

I completely agree aswell, there is a as you said a lack of salt in our soup, the lack of the atmosphere in which we would feel that we are indeed fighting a war, that Kingdom is besiged from within and without and that a BIG ASS DRAGON IS TEARING THE WORLD APART.

But then again, from my observations, the casual RP around Stormwind sums up to haters hating, thugs thugging, feral worgen sniffing eachothers asses/fighting at the Cathedral square and idiots doing nothing but chasin` wimminz around and about the above mentioned area.

However, there are certain groups, guilds and people who provide and make brilliant casual/non-casual RP that really adds to the atmosphere. Namely our local resident thugs/criminals, our guard forces and of course the Lightie guilds alongside with the other military guilds currently in Stormwind.

Thank god there are places outside of Stormwind where you can look for casual RP aswell, its a life saver at times, but anyway.. I lingered somewhat far from the subject but I will finish adressing this anyway, I have a general feeling that a large portion of RPers currently residing in Stormwind prefer to RP trees, or living statues than to have any degree of initiative. Im not sure what the cause of this is, but I know for sure that many people enjoy standing like a tree showing off their bad-ass gear than do anything else that might be remotely productive.

Anyway, back on topic - if it was possible I'd love to have the atmosphere I was describing in the speech ingame, it would be pure awesome if it was possible to reflect over even a small measure of the hardships of this age aswell as what you said: the "terrifying and glorious" aspect of the humans and their Light devoted fighters.

Hopefully I will be able to stir some people further with future posters and propaganda, we'll see!))

Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:49 am

Interesting discussion about an aspect of history, in my mind here, as a fan of history: Kudoes. If you decide to open the thread I'll surely join in on the conversation, Geldar.

Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:07 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top