Word is

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Word is

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus on Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:44 pm

The first segment is ICly..

Word is that a death knight council should be formed.. the whisper's carried by the wind have brought the attention of a young Death Knight by the name of "Ephitos"... He is in search of a new alliance with his brethren. Those who accept him, those who see him as a brother.. not an enemy.


OOCLY
Right, i read the forums, and people are asking for a death knight council of some sort, i propose more of a communist/anarchist sort of government. before you QQ about Communism Anarchism.. Please for a better understanding read this ; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolutionary_Insurrectionary_Army_of_Ukraine
I think it is quite... Opening, and makes sense . At first it will be chaotic.. But if people really want it. This is the idea i propose.

Ephitos / Amarachus

Posts : 466
Join date : 2010-08-11
Location : Straight outta Compton.. ( Stormwind )

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Zinkle Figgins on Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:15 pm

Makhnovist DKs Very Happy

Zinkle Figgins

Posts : 1394
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 24
Location : Rome, Italy

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus on Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:40 pm

Haha yeah basically, but after reading that i thought it was quite the interesting system of government.

Ephitos / Amarachus

Posts : 466
Join date : 2010-08-11
Location : Straight outta Compton.. ( Stormwind )

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Ralegh on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:49 pm

Well as i may have said ingame im fully in! give me a /W on Ezlbag or Tôsh anytime.

Ralegh

Posts : 1225
Join date : 2010-07-21
Age : 25
Location : England, Bournemouth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Sinnadrin on Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:16 pm

Oh, have you not heard? It was my understanding that everyone had heard.


Sinnadrin

Posts : 176
Join date : 2010-02-02
Location : The Paris of the East

Character sheet
Name: Lord Sinnadrin Sunfury
Title: Sun King Aspirant

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Ralegh on Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:00 pm

I feel this off topic video should be accepted due to epicness....

Ralegh

Posts : 1225
Join date : 2010-07-21
Age : 25
Location : England, Bournemouth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Rentarn on Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:03 pm

Seconded.

Rentarn

Posts : 163
Join date : 2010-02-14
Location : (1)A particular point or place in physical space. (2)An act of locating.

Character sheet
Name: Dr. Rentarn Finje
Title: Surgeon

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:40 am

I agree on that motion.. Im kind of not playing at the moment.. Getting my last year of school starting stuff sorted.. I would be kind of glad if people voiced there opinion's instead of "looks at video".. xD


Edit:
Although seriously, i thought of about 10 "Grand (insert awesome Death Knight Title here) to rule the body, certain law's for power restriction. A Judge who has no voting power, erm... A restriction of Coalitions and what not. So that way we will not have another corrupt council.... ICly yes your character CAN be corrupt, but if your character is corrupt then give the guard's or somebody to else a reason to tail him or follow him, for RP reasons , nothing personal. Very Happy

Ephitos / Amarachus

Posts : 466
Join date : 2010-08-11
Location : Straight outta Compton.. ( Stormwind )

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Gunnell on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:25 am

I doubt that there are even 10 active Death Knight RPers, let alone active. No offense, but I don't see this working nor a proper guild consisting of them since the novelty of them has worn off.. People roleplay death knights in two ways:

1) Skip 58 levels and act like a normal person.
2) Roar, I'm a dark, brooding, mysterious, cliche, evil bad guy who is going to eat your babies.

When was the last time that you saw a proper Ebon Blade, or Alliance/Horde-Alligned Death Knight done well and not just acting like a tosser waving their dick in everyones face?

Gunnell

Posts : 1353
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:36 am

That is a stereotype for roleplayer's you have already met with. I will only ask trusted and experienced people to come along with me, however i appreciate your point and i will keep it in mind. And just so you know, Do not Paladins follow the whole "I am good , i can heal you of aids" cliche?.. Don't pick on Death Knights with examples if your going to state a point because every class AND race is flawed to a certain point in RP... For example. In Wc3 RoC and TFT there is no Dwarven Paladins.

Ephitos / Amarachus

Posts : 466
Join date : 2010-08-11
Location : Straight outta Compton.. ( Stormwind )

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Jeanpierre on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:29 am

I had an idea for a DK organisation as well once but couldn't get myself to do it. Partly because it was too serious... partly because it was too lol-ish. Or at least, that's why sick, coffee drugged mind made of it.

The idea, perhaps, can still inspire you. It wasn't a "guild" per se but it was an organisation which would open a few registers for those DK alts here and there. It would be something like social workers actively trying to work on DK integration in the society.

Of course, the RP would range from serious to "lols". You could handle social problems and integration problems of DK's in the society where you could get inspiration from real life society problems or even reflect on the original X-men series (for example).
Additionally you could combine it with somewhat more "lighter" humor by organising a support group.
Robert - "Hi, I'm Robert..."
Group - "Hi Robert."
Robert - "and .. I'm a death knight."
Group *applause*
Robert - "It was against my will but I killed five babies by slamming their heads togeter."
Leader - Thank you for sharing that with us, Robert."
Group - "Thank you Robert"
Group *applause*

Maybe I'll just shut up now.

Either way, with DK's being a 'black sheep' in our society, it would seem like a good starting ground to create RP from. The challenge may indeed be to find DK RP'ers.


Jeanpierre

Posts : 2314
Join date : 2010-02-22
Age : 35
Location : Stormwind Cathedral

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Gunnell on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:42 am

Ephitos wrote:That is a stereotype for roleplayer's you have already met with. I will only ask trusted and experienced people to come along with me, however i appreciate your point and i will keep it in mind. And just so you know, Do not Paladins follow the whole "I am good , i can heal you of aids" cliche?.. Don't pick on Death Knights with examples if your going to state a point because every class AND race is flawed to a certain point in RP... For example. In Wc3 RoC and TFT there is no Dwarven Paladins.

Compare the number of Death Knight roleplayers, divide that by the people who can roleplay them properly and then see what you're left with.

Death Knight RP is also very specific. Bob the Warrior could be a mercenary, a normal-civilian, a soldier, a war-veteran, anything. Paladins themselves can also be fairly varied from Argent Crusaders to Scarlets.

Death Knights are not. They have the rules of 'undeath' and restricted in the backstory as well as whom they serve. You died. The Lich King turned you into a Death Knight. You were freed at Light's Hope. You serve the Ebon Blade/Alliance/Horde. You're a killing machine and designed for that purpose, you WERE great at something related to combat or else you'd have ended up raised as another ghoul. You have a constant boiling rage within you that you're trying (or possibly not) to contain.

Gunnell

Posts : 1353
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:14 am

Chléirich/Gunnell/Graham wrote:
Ephitos wrote:That is a stereotype for roleplayer's you have already met with. I will only ask trusted and experienced people to come along with me, however i appreciate your point and i will keep it in mind. And just so you know, Do not Paladins follow the whole "I am good , i can heal you of aids" cliche?.. Don't pick on Death Knights with examples if your going to state a point because every class AND race is flawed to a certain point in RP... For example. In Wc3 RoC and TFT there is no Dwarven Paladins.

Compare the number of Death Knight roleplayers, divide that by the people who can roleplay them properly and then see what you're left with.

Death Knight RP is also very specific. Bob the Warrior could be a mercenary, a normal-civilian, a soldier, a war-veteran, anything. Paladins themselves can also be fairly varied from Argent Crusaders to Scarlets.

Death Knights are not. They have the rules of 'undeath' and restricted in the backstory as well as whom they serve. You died. The Lich King turned you into a Death Knight. You were freed at Light's Hope. You serve the Ebon Blade/Alliance/Horde. You're a killing machine and designed for that purpose, you WERE great at something related to combat or else you'd have ended up raised as another ghoul. You have a constant boiling rage within you that you're trying (or possibly not) to contain.




Alright, how do i have rage if i am indeed dead with no emotions?
Being dead does not mean im bloodless or my blood stopped. Being a death knight does not make me a killing machine, assuming we had lives before being killed , fishermen, pirates, guards, we can indeed still be those people. Because if the Lich King has fallen then there is no influence over us, aye?

Ephitos / Amarachus

Posts : 466
Join date : 2010-08-11
Location : Straight outta Compton.. ( Stormwind )

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Gunnell on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:43 am

Ephitos wrote:
Alright, how do i have rage if i am indeed dead with no emotions?

I never said they don't have emotions, but those positive emotions (EG: Love, mercy, etc) are removed or massively downplayed whilst those that would serve better use in combat such as anger, bloodlust, etc would/are amplified. The Lich King wanted shock troopers. Who would make a better fodder (even for death knights they were ultimately still fodder) - The one who stays his hand and shows mercy, doesn't kill children and has a code of morals or the one who the commander can say to him; "Those guys, go kill them" followed by them cutting them to ribbons?


Being dead does not mean im bloodless or my blood stopped. Being a death knight does not make me a killing machine, assuming we had lives before being killed , fishermen, pirates, guards, we can indeed still be those people. Because if the Lich King has fallen then there is no influence over us, aye?

The Lich King didn't raised random civilians as his Death Knights, he raised heroes who had being a thorn in his side during the second Scourge Invasion. Random soldiers would simply have become ghoul-fodder. No, he had his forces kill and drag back the over-the-top heroes, commanders & Mary-Sue's very much like our playable characters. Why? Because they can fight and kick major amounts of arse.

Death Knights were DESIGNED and RAISED to be machines of war and elite shock troopers. Watch the early quests in Acherus, where those who don't instantly shout about slaughtering the living and serving Arthas are devoured by ghouls. The necromancy uses twists their minds and emotions to be those soldiers, almost like brainswashing in a sense. They have free will (which came at Light's Hope, not after the Lich King fell) but what has been done to their minds cannot be reversed. How many Death Knight NPCs do you see sitting on the edge of the docks with a fishing pole in one hand, beer in the cover and waders? Even Thassarian tells his sister he won't stay with her until he's had his chance to kick the Lich King in the balls.

To quote Darion - "Harness your hatred, make it useful.."


Last edited by Chléirich/Gunnell/Graham on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Gunnell

Posts : 1353
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:46 am

"The Lich King didn't raised random civilians as his Death Knights, he raised heroes who had being a thorn in his side during the second Scourge Invasion. Random soldiers would simply have become ghoul-fodder. No, he had his forces kill and drag back the over-the-top heroes, commanders & Mary-Sue's very much like our playable characters. Why? Because they can fight and kick major amounts of arse"


That doesn't work. Literaly. How many heroes could you have had. He wanted an army. I doubt it mattered who he raised that much if he was so ever powerful. But i think we have derailed on two different topic-posts now so let's get back to the point, i will ask you because you clearly know what your talking about. Would you be interested in making a Death Knight or using your current one to work with the DK council or are you pessimistic of the idea ?

Ephitos / Amarachus

Posts : 466
Join date : 2010-08-11
Location : Straight outta Compton.. ( Stormwind )

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Gunnell on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:50 am

Ephitos wrote:
That doesn't work. Literaly. How many heroes could you have had. He wanted an army. I doubt it mattered who he raised that much if he was so ever powerful. But i think we have derailed on two different topic-posts now so let's get back to the point,

He wanted an army, yes but don't forget the Knights of Acherus were only a small part of it. The quest text states that they are a brotherhood, even in the Scourge whilst hundreds of ghouls did most of the grunt work at New Avelon. They were there to inspire terror in the enemy more than anything - People will have heard stories of (Second Generation) Death Knights slaughtering entire armies by themselves, so what would mortify them more than literally having a platoon of them marching on their doorstep?

Gunnell

Posts : 1353
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Gunnell on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:54 am

Ephitos wrote: i will ask you because you clearly know what your talking about. Would you be interested in making a Death Knight or using your current one to work with the DK council or are you pessimistic of the idea ?

I don't think a council like this would work. Other such 'councils' have some form of population to facilitate over whether this be the Stormwind RPers, Darnassus, etc. Death Knights simply don't have enough active RPers for there to be a need or point in it. Their time has ended with the conclusion of Wrath of the Lich King and now to just become another class that sink in with the others. I can forsee this just being nothing more than 3-4 Death Knights proclaiming themselves "Lords", chatting once a week for about a fortnight, getting bored and having it sink into nothing.

Gunnell

Posts : 1353
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:56 am

Chléirich/Gunnell/Graham wrote:
Ephitos wrote: i will ask you because you clearly know what your talking about. Would you be interested in making a Death Knight or using your current one to work with the DK council or are you pessimistic of the idea ?

I don't think a council like this would work. Other such 'councils' have some form of population to facilitate over whether this be the Stormwind RPers, Darnassus, etc. Death Knights simply don't have enough active RPers for there to be a need or point in it. Their time has ended with the conclusion of Wrath of the Lich King and now to just become another class that sink in with the others. I can forsee this just being nothing more than 3-4 Death Knights proclaiming themselves "Lords", chatting once a week for about a fortnight, getting bored and having it sink into nothing.


I see your point. I still strongly believe that it CAN be done, i will ask a few friend's to make alts and what not to boost the population up a bit ^^... I don't know what else to say because really.. Death Knight population is quite low.

Ephitos / Amarachus

Posts : 466
Join date : 2010-08-11
Location : Straight outta Compton.. ( Stormwind )

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Gunnell on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:02 am

Ephitos wrote:

I see your point. I still strongly believe that it CAN be done, i will ask a few friend's to make alts and what not to boost the population up a bit ^^... I don't know what else to say because really.. Death Knight population is quite low.

If it could have been done, it would have been at the start of Wrath of the Lich King. Asking your friends is also pointless as you'll just be left with a bunch of 58 Death Knights wearing the same overused Blue Saronite causing people to roll their eyes and avoid you OOCly, followed by them just getting bored and buggering off to their mains.

That is the main issue with Death Knight roleplay - 99% of them are alts who were created to try out the class when WotLK was launched and thus why every Death Knight guild created to date has fell on its arse. Things generally go well for the first few weeks however once the novelty of it wears off (as well as the lack of vomit-worthy 'romance' RP it seems) they wander back to their mains and the guild dies.

Gunnell

Posts : 1353
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:05 am

I would like to disagree, my Death Knight is my main and i use him 99% of the time. I doubt im the only person like that. I can gather people, some thing's need motivation. Im offering it, i have got time to write stories, stalk the forums and interview people via the forums. I cant actively be ingame constantly but having a trustworthy officer would be good. I don't know. I'l see if im up for the hassle of gathering people , blah blah blah.. You know the drill ^^.. Im off now, we can discuss another time. Ta.

Ephitos / Amarachus

Posts : 466
Join date : 2010-08-11
Location : Straight outta Compton.. ( Stormwind )

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Gunnell on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:06 am

I won't hold my breath to be brutally honest.

Gunnell

Posts : 1353
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus on Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:17 am

Also, My guilds up and running and people are joining and are /w. If YOU are interested go ahead and Poke me ingame.

Ephitos / Amarachus

Posts : 466
Join date : 2010-08-11
Location : Straight outta Compton.. ( Stormwind )

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:08 am

Chléirich/Gunnell/Graham wrote:I won't hold my breath to be brutally honest.

No one asked you to.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus on Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:51 am

<3

Ephitos / Amarachus

Posts : 466
Join date : 2010-08-11
Location : Straight outta Compton.. ( Stormwind )

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Seranita on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:23 pm

Chléirich/Gunnell/Graham wrote:I won't hold my breath to be brutally honest.

but we can, we carnt breath, we can hold ower breath as long as it takes. Razz
things do seem to be going well Very Happy

Seranita

Posts : 4808
Join date : 2010-09-26

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:30 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum