The Arathorian Protectorate Treaty

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei on Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:00 pm

Below is a copy of the Treaty, signed between Arathor and Stormwind that guaranteed the protectorate of the Arathorian people under the Government of Stormwind. This copy was recalled and a new printed.

Here within this treaty are the rules, agreements, clauses and exceptions of the Stormwinder undertaking of the Arathorian Nation as a protectorate of the state. This agreement was come to by Minister of Justice Omanos Galenos, General Geldar Angelos, Her Royal Majesty Queen Saihna Trollbane and her Royal Highness Princess Anaei Trollbane.

1.1 What the Protectorate Stands For

-This Protectorate is hereby established to bring unity and military control of the Alliance into a whole, combined front to better withstand Horde Aggresion.
-This Protectorate disregards the Kingdom of Arathor as a Major Power, instead she is regarded as an asset of the Kingdom of Stormwind.
-This Protectorate gives the Government of Stormwind executive control of the economy, military and people of Arathor's Dominians.
-This Protectorate establishes a foothold and united fronteir in the North of the Eastern Kingdoms with Stromgarde as a Northern Base.

1.2 The Monarchy and Nobility of the Protectorate

-The Government of Stormwind guarantees that the Nobility of the Kingdom of Arathor is ensured and safeguarded. That no noble houses or bloodlines will be denied whilst under the protectorate.
-The Government of Stormwind guarantees in the event of the Queen's death they recognise the Crown-Princess' right to ascend the throne and will not object to it being so.
-The Government of Stormwind will not revoke any titles given to the people of Arathor by their Monarch or the Royal Family or alter any decisions regarding so.
-The Government of Stormwind will not take, use or remove any items that belong to the State in regards to the Royal Family; the Crown of Thoradin, Trol'kalar and the Signet Ring of Stromgarde.
-The Government of Stormwind will not revoke any lands awarded with titles in the Arathorian Nobility such as the Lord of the Eastfield's right to control the Eastern Farms, the only change being that Stormwind will have a say in the dealings of said farmlands.

1.3 The Religion of the Protectorate

-The Government of Stormwind guarantees safety from persicution in the regards of the Arathorian Religious Beliefs.
-The Government of Stormwind guarantees the right to believe and practise the beliefs of Arathor within Stormwind's walls however within realistic boundaries.
-The Government of Stormwind allows weekly masses if performed by a member of the Arathorian Clergy in the Stormwind Park.
-The Government of Stormwind retains the right to have a member of the Church of the Holy Light to hold conference with the acting High Priestess of Arathor or Orin of Arathor to discuss religious idealism within Stormwind's walls.

2.1 The Queen of the Protectorate

-As supreme commander of the Arathorian Forces, the Queen will not make any major decisions regarding the Military, Economy or People of Arathor without a Stormwind Advisor's signature upon the order.
-The Queen retains the right to withdraw from this Protectorate, doing so will withdraw the Nation of Arathor from the Grand Alliance and welcome the nations of the Alliance to claim the lands of Arathi. This Protectorate can only be broken with consent from both sides.
-The Queen retains the right to name her successor independantly without any consultation with Stormwind, the Queen retains the right to elevate any Arathorian in the Nobility of Arathor without consultation with Stormwind.
-The Queen must alert the Kingdom of Stormwind before leaving or entering Stormwind and Stromgarde.
-The Queen is under the protection of Stormwind when in Stormwind lands or dominians. She cannot be detained against her will, even if comitting a crime. She must be returned to Stormwind where the King's government will judge the case then try her in a Stormwinder Court.

2.2 The Heir of Arathor

-The Heir of Arathor retains the right to her succession, unless the Queen decides otherwise no other may succeed the current monarch but the heir.
-The Heir of Arathor as acting Regent will act as Liason to the King's Government, meaning that all political decisions are to be discussed with her, who in turn will take them to the Queen.
-The Heir of Arathor is entitled to her own residence in Stormwind seperate from the Queen and the use of learning resources in the capital.
-The Heir of Arathor is under the protection of Stormwind when in Stormwind lands or dominians. She cannot be detained against her will, even if comitting a crime. She must be returned to Stormwind where the King's government will judge the case then try her in a Stormwinder Court.
-The Heir of Arathor cannot as acting regent break this Protectorate on behalf of her people, this decision lies solely with the Queen.
-The Heir of Arathor cannot speak on behalf of Arathor in the making of treaties without Stormwind's permission.

2.3 The Citizens of Arathor

-The Citizens of Arathor are entitled to a Stormwind Citizenship and may be treated as such whislt the protectorate is active.
-The Citizens of Arathor are entitled to use of the resources Stormwind would offer their own citizens including use of the church, schools and infirmaries.
-The Citizens of Arathor will cease paying tax to the Crown of Arathor solely and will instead have the tax reduced diveded into two halves, one entering the treasurey of Stromwind, the other going to the Crown of Arathor.
-The Citizens of Arathor are entitled to protection in Stormwind's foreign embassies.
-The Citizens of Arathor will be tried on whatever soil they have committed the offense, they are not protected under the Stormwind army's influence or support.

3.1 Stromgarde

-Stromgarde will be officially made the Alliance's Stronghold in the North to be used by Stormwind's troops in Northern Campaigns.
-Stromgarde will have it's precious artifacts moved to the Stormwind vault and the Stromgarde vault used to house weapons and resources.
-Stromgarde will be controlled by an Arathorian General assigned by the acting regent along with a Stormwind Military Advisor, Religious Advisor and economical advisor. This council will act as the ruling body in the Highlands.
-Stromgarde's citizens will move to the nearby villages or migrate south to the sub-continent of Azeroth to make room for Alliance Troops.

3.2 The Arathi Highlands

Supreme control of the Arathi Highlands rests with the Queen of Arathor along with four independant Lords, whom control the sub-regions of the land. In this protectorate each of the lords report to the acting Regent who in turn reports to the Government of Stormwind and the Queen of Arathor. Below are the regions and their rulers;

3.2a The Lordship of the Eastfields;

The Eastern Farmlands are controlled and owned by the Lord of the Eastfields Elegost Dawnweaver, in his absence they will revert to the acting Regent or the Queen, this will be decided without Stormwind consultation.

3.2b The Lordship of the North Cliffs;

The Northern Cliffs are controlled and owned by the Prince of Arathor Throran Seiken Trollbane, the Prince's absence means that the ownership of the land has reverted to the Queen.

3.2c The Lordship of the West Plains;

The Westlands have no noble associated to them and therefore control is to be awarded by the Queen to an elevated noble.

3.2d The Lord of the South Coast;

The Southcoast is by family-right owned by the Dawnweaver family, the current heir to this land is Arador Vasgar Trollbane, Prince of Arathor. Due to his infancy, the land is controlled by his Uncle, Elegost Dawnweaver, Father Aranith Dawnweaver and Aunt Vaena Dawnweaver.

3.3 Diplomacy of the Protectorate

-Arathor's relations are now linked with Stormwind. Arathor's allies, are Stormwind's allies and vise versa. In turn, Arathor's enemies are now Stormwind's enemies and vise versa. Stormwind has executive decision over whom Arathor allies with and must be consulted before waging war.
-Arathorian ambassadors may be present at any diplomatic or military meetings Stormwind is entitled to. However, their advise is to be withheld unless asked for or if it is vital to the talks.

This concludes the Arathorian Protectorate Treaty, below are the signatures of both Governments of the aforementioned kingdoms that swear on their honour to uphold the terms of this Protectorate.

Her Royal Majesty,
Queen Saihna Trollbane

Her Royal Highness,
Crown-Princess Anaei Trollbane

The Honoured Ministers of the King's Government,
General Geldar Angelos,
Chaplain Omanos Galenos,
Professor Vezullia R. Astroloxia,
Minister Rohwyn Leomin,
Minister Julia Beckjordsson.

Overseen by the Respected Authority,
Chairlady Mandui Delaney

Last edited by Anaei/Vezullia on Thu May 17, 2012 12:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

- (Encendia) Good Witch Encendia, "I represent the take a wish foundation."
- (Isabelle) Isabelle 'Izzy' Goldshore, "My daddy owns you wholesale."

Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Re: The Arathorian Protectorate Treaty

Post by Melnerag on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:31 am

((If Dragomir had lived to see it, he would abandon the Inquisition and sign up into the army! The treaty looks extremely well-made, and at long last brings about the situation I personally deem most realistic and probable, that is a sort of union between Arathor and Stormwind.))

Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Piner on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:34 am

(( Cheers Anaei, very perfectly written, took the time to read it through =) ))

Cathee Piner

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:12 am

((Sorry about that Saihna, had to cover everything and any loophole. Haha! ANd Imanuel. THat's so sweet! I think..))

Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:44 am

((Thumbs up!))

Current:

Horde
Active - Zhakiri - Darkspear Primal of the Painted Skulls.
Active - Gashuk, Son of Garrak- Gul'thauk Spirit Walker of the Red Blades.

Alliance
Inactive - Falarth Thorgint- Arathorian Battlemage.
Inactive - Nygarth Thorgint- Arathorian Veteran.
Inactive - Orthur Thorgint- Arathorian Blood Priest.

Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:46 am

o_o'

wow... just... ....i hadnt expected this o_O'

...awesome.

Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:18 pm

Aha, so this is the famous document. Seems like you put a lot of effort into it, nice work! Seems like the stage for Cata is set then? But what about the supposed Dwarven base, farm a tunnels supposed to be present in Arathi...ah well, we'll see when the moment is there.

Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:20 pm

Haha Dorik thankies. I altered it a bit to suit everyone so there is no conflict. BUt you said it yourself, it's the stage for Cataclysm.

Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:37 pm

A well written piece indeed, though reading through it makes me think that you have sold out your kingdom and its citizens especially as you are forcing them out of their homes in stromgarde

Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:09 pm

Jomir/Nastor/Gannas wrote:A well written piece indeed, though reading through it makes me think that you have sold out your kingdom and its citizens especially as you are forcing them out of their homes in stromgarde

It's called accepting your inferiority. Honestly, this puts Arathor in it's position amongst the alliance.

Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:27 pm

Yeah, as its cheap whore for the alliance to use it when they see fit and to come and go as they please.

What series of events with the Senate caused this to come about anyways? I've forgotten from when someone told me earlier

Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Piner on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:11 am

Series of events of the Senate not accepting our treaty which we put a lot of effort in, and then putting an ultimatum on Stormwind.

But alas, we'll see if this is the stage of Cataclysm. Very much depends if Stromgarde is rebuilt or not. If it is, the protectorate will of course be revoked as it will of course not be needed then since in that case Arathor will be a big force to reckon with in that case. If not, and if Stromgarde is kept as it is/more ruined, then indeed this is the first stage of the guild-reform we're planning at.

Cathee Piner

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:23 am

Well, if Arathor withdraws from Protectorate it gives all the nations of Alliance the right to come and conquer your lands! *looks at Stromgarde* that looks like a fine citadel to become the capital of Light's Kingdom on Azeroth!...and I am sure Ironforge would just love to have some additional lebensraum *cackle*

Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Piner on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:35 am

First of all, not really. Arathor was in the Alliance before the whole protectorate thing. It was just cause we were forced into it whether we liked it or not. But if Stromgarde is rebuilt as said, it would be a force to reckon with, not something one single nation can march into and take really. So we'll simply see what Cataclysm has to offer us. Personally I hope Stromgarde is ruined, cause all this is getting too much on my nerves. Even if it was promised we're not left alone by some people, so it'd feel better if we just simply gave it all up and started with something new I think.

Cathee Piner

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:38 am

I wouldn't say one nation can't take Arathor, Saihna. Logically one nation could take Arathor.

Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:39 am

Imanuel wrote:Well, if Arathor withdraws from Protectorate it gives all the nations of Alliance the right to come and conquer your lands!

Hmm... Vargosh, to the Vulf Cave!

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Piner on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:46 am

Antistia wrote:I wouldn't say one nation can't take Arathor, Saihna. Logically one nation could take Arathor.

I'm not speaking of now though, I'm speaking in the event that if Stromgarde is rebuilt and Danath has returned (which of course we don't know yet). Not to mention that even if Arathor withdrew from the protectorate, they'd still have Stormwind on their side, so Arathor would not be alone either.

Cathee Piner

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Lancelot on Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:11 am

Saihna/Julia wrote:First of all, not really. Arathor was in the Alliance before the whole protectorate thing. It was just cause we were forced into it whether we liked it or not. But if Stromgarde is rebuilt as said, it would be a force to reckon with, not something one single nation can march into and take really. So we'll simply see what Cataclysm has to offer us. Personally I hope Stromgarde is ruined, cause all this is getting too much on my nerves. Even if it was promised we're not left alone by some people, so it'd feel better if we just simply gave it all up and started with something new I think.

Ironforge is the most powerfull force in Eastern Kingdoms and Beyond, we took your farms rights outta yer hands lol

Sir Lancelot

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla on Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:45 am

(( Very well written Anaei. Looks completely crystal clear (like it should) to me. I am very impressed.

It looks like you made yourselves a de facto (and de jure too) part of Stormwind forever (unless you both agree to go your seperate ways) though. ))

"Praise the god of all, drink the wine, let the world be the world."
-French Proverb

Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep on Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:51 am

Grugni Thunderforge wrote:
Saihna/Julia wrote:First of all, not really. Arathor was in the Alliance before the whole protectorate thing. It was just cause we were forced into it whether we liked it or not. But if Stromgarde is rebuilt as said, it would be a force to reckon with, not something one single nation can march into and take really. So we'll simply see what Cataclysm has to offer us. Personally I hope Stromgarde is ruined, cause all this is getting too much on my nerves. Even if it was promised we're not left alone by some people, so it'd feel better if we just simply gave it all up and started with something new I think.

Stormwind is the most powerfull force in Eastern Kingdoms and Beyond, They protect your farms from vagabond stunty's and Orc's

Fixed.

Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:01 am

Gahalla wrote:(( Very well written Anaei. Looks completely crystal clear (like it should) to me. I am very impressed.

It looks like you made yourselves a de facto (and de jure too) part of Stormwind forever (unless you both agree to go your seperate ways) though. ))

Thank you Gahalla, and you are correct. Arathor is part of Stormwind until either we agree to part (which would most likely happen when Arathor can stand by itself again) or Saihna withdraws from the treaty, but this would mean leaving the alliance. So it wouldn't happen.

Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:01 am

Saihna/Julia wrote:
Antistia wrote:I wouldn't say one nation can't take Arathor, Saihna. Logically one nation could take Arathor.

I'm not speaking of now though, I'm speaking in the event that if Stromgarde is rebuilt and Danath has returned (which of course we don't know yet). Not to mention that even if Arathor withdrew from the protectorate, they'd still have Stormwind on their side, so Arathor would not be alone either.

Return of king + rebuilding of the capital does not equal superpower.

Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:11 am

Personally, I want Arathor to crumble, I want the Monarchy to fall and I want to get this Stormwind Protectorate heightened. I don't want to be what we are currently, we don't have the power ingame, nor do we have the right footing lorewise.

At the end of the day, I really really really want, atleast, for Blizzard to give us a major update on the Arathorian situation. Being more Stormwind, than Arathor, would make things alot more easier, a part of the Alliance moreso than ever before.

Respected, applied, elite Arathorian troops at the command of Stormwind for the aid of the Alliance with our culture and our nobles intact. That is what I want. That is what this Protectorate is giving, and I don't want a rebuilding of Stromgarde to ruin it.

Current:

Horde
Active - Zhakiri - Darkspear Primal of the Painted Skulls.
Active - Gashuk, Son of Garrak- Gul'thauk Spirit Walker of the Red Blades.

Alliance
Inactive - Falarth Thorgint- Arathorian Battlemage.
Inactive - Nygarth Thorgint- Arathorian Veteran.
Inactive - Orthur Thorgint- Arathorian Blood Priest.

Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Piner on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:16 am

No, but considering Arathor will always be allied with Stormwind, being the biggest force of the Alliance, it would be very hard to conquer for another nation that is supposedly part of the Alliance, specially then since it would mean they invade an Allied.. Which would most likely mean the Alliance as a whole would stand up to such a thing and boot that nation out.

But yeah, as Anaei mention, for now Arathor is part of Stormwind until Cataclysm at least. Because in Cataclysm there are as said two options. Either the option of that Arathor will be able to stand on its own legs again, or that it is destroyed in which case no protectorate is needed since we're in that case leaving Arathi behind for good.

Cathee Piner

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:16 am

My main goal with this protectorate was to stop all the internal drama. I want the same as above, what Nygarth said. Every detail. I want the alliance to be a combined force without one crisis after another.

Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:09 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next